Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Booger McFarland Says Gus Wants Arkansas Job

Started by moses_007, November 16, 2017, 07:33:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

moses_007

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

RockyMtnHog

That is a very interesting read.  It kinda solves the issue as to why JL was fired.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

moses_007

My prediction right now is Tommy Tuberville as AD, Gus Malzahn as head football coach.

Take it to the bank.

Hawg Life

Quote from: moses_007 on November 16, 2017, 07:37:57 pm
My prediction right now is Tommy Tuberville as AD, Gus Malzahn as head football coach.

Take it to the bank.

0-2

moses_007

Hawginj

Kevin Scanlon  will be AD surely he has since enough to research candidates that fill fit with Arkansas

Hawg Life

Quote from: moses_007 on November 16, 2017, 07:40:24 pm
Tommy and Gus are coming home!

Tommy didn't come home twice when we tried to hire him as HC,and he's not coming home now.

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: moses_007 on November 16, 2017, 07:33:09 pm
Getting pretty close to reality that Gus will replace Bert.

Guess I'm getting pretty close to only following the Bisons for a while.

(Kidding, but this makes me sick)

PorkBilly

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 16, 2017, 07:44:01 pm
Tommy didn't come home twice when we tried to hire him as HC,and he's not coming home now.

Typical inaccurate response. We didn't offer. White forced Frank to Houston. Tommy wanted it. He wanted out of Oxford. Tommy would be all over an AD job. I doubt it thou. John White is the source of all that is wrong with Ark.

moses_007

Quote from: PorkBilly on November 16, 2017, 08:05:00 pm
Typical inaccurate response. We didn't offer. White forced Frank to Houston. Tommy wanted it. He wanted out of Oxford. Tommy would be all over an AD job. I doubt it thou. John White is the source of all that is wrong with Ark.
John White isn't here anymore.  He gone.

hawgon

I'm warming to Gus.  I want Norvell and all that, but Malzahn would be light years better than what we've had in a long time.

Poker_hog

If he wins the sec he ain't coming.  We're his back up plan.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Arkiebrian

Quote from: moses_007 on November 16, 2017, 07:33:09 pm
Getting pretty close to reality that Gus will replace Bert.

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/espn-booger-mcfarland-says-gus-malzahn-has-desire-to-be-in-arkansas
Alabama has to win the Iron Bowl first so the fans jump off the Gus Bus again.  Win the IB and Auburn is in the CFP after a SECCG win.

moses_007

I wasn't aware until tonight that Malzahn is a former Razorback player.  I've slept too many times to remember he played wide receiver for Arkansas under Kenny Hatfield.

hawgon

Over on the Auburn board on Tigerdroppings they are talking about how loose and happy Malzahn seemed at his PC a couple days ago.

RedyorNot

TT has zero experience with financial institutions and is far removed from the Foundation. It won't be and shouldn't be him.

Hawg Life

Quote from: PorkBilly on November 16, 2017, 08:05:00 pm

Revisionist History. He did have 2 chances and he used us to get raises and extensions twice.

moses_007

Quote from: hawgon on November 16, 2017, 08:27:16 pm
Over on the Auburn board on Tigerdroppings they are talking about how loose and happy Malzahn seemed at his PC a couple days ago.
He's happy to know he's coming home.  I think he will be announced right after the Alabama game, perhaps the next day.  That will be his last game to coach at Auburn, regardless of who wins.  He is getting out of Dodge, guys.

Hawg Life

Quote from: moses_007 on November 16, 2017, 08:30:47 pm
He's happy to know he's coming home.  I think he will be announced right after the Alabama game, perhaps the next day.  That will be his last game to coach at Auburn, regardless of who wins.  He is getting out of Dodge, guys.

It's not going to be Gus. Just wait.

sickboy

I'm confused by Booger's comment. Is he saying that because Chip Kelly and Dan Mullen are the biggest pawns, that Arkansas are interested in them and won't move to Malzahn until after both those coaches are off the table? Am I understanding that correctly?

GoHogzzGo

Gus is just using us to get more money and contract extension. F him.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

moses_007

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on November 16, 2017, 08:54:10 pm
Gus is just using us to get more money and contract extension. F him.
You are wrong.

moses_007

Gus' wife really wants to come home.  Done deal when the wife wants to move back home.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 16, 2017, 07:44:01 pm

Wrong John BOY White screwed Tommy over! Frank wanted Tommy
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

moses_007

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 16, 2017, 09:10:48 pm
Wrong John BOY White screwed Tommy over! Frank wanted Tommy
Yes, and Orville Henry wrote in the Arkansas Gazette that he was FURIOUS that Tommy wasn't hired.

Scott7703

moses_007

Presser will be on Sunday, November 26th, to announce Gus as our next head coach.

Bielema will receive his termination letter immediately following the Missouri game.

Scott7703

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 16, 2017, 08:41:15 pm
It's not going to be Gus. Just wait.

Just hope you can get on board with Gus if it does happen which looks likely at this point. Im sure you didn't think Long would get fired either.

Scott7703

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

moses_007

Quote from: Scott7703 on November 16, 2017, 09:14:32 pm

Just hope you can get on board with Gus if it does happen which looks likely at this point. Im sure you didn't think Long would get fired either.
Everyone here needs to get on the Gus Bus.  It's crystal clear it's coming to Arkansas.  Give the man a chance, guys,,,,,he's been a winner everywhere he's coached, from high school to the SEC.

moses_007

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Poker_hog on November 16, 2017, 08:25:13 pm
If he wins the sec he ain't coming.  We're his back up plan.

Gus... Norvell...  I won't lose sleep either way, but I do want to see the ESPN jokes with the Gus Bus moving out of Auburn...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

moses_007

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on November 16, 2017, 09:23:44 pm
Gus... Norvell...  I won't lose sleep either way, but I do want to see the ESPN jokes with the Gus Bus moving out of Auburn...
Is the Gus Bus a national joke?  I thought it was just a Hogville thing.

moses_007

http://www.tigersx.com/forum/index.php?topic=29018.0

"A blind man could see this coming really. Ark fans are done with Fat Bastard and want their native son to come back home. To be honest, it wouldn't really surprise me if Gus were to take that job if offered."

From Tusk Till Dawn

The discussion with Booger was telling as to the perception being given off.  We are beginning to look a little bush league.  If this goes sideways the media will have plenty to report on, probably do a 30/30 on how Arkansas did it again.

ShadowTheHedgehog

GoHogs1091

Not necessarily correct.

Malzahn may "want" the job to get a raise.  Malzahn has 2 leverage factors in his corner right now.

1.  A win over at the time #1 Georgia (a totally overrated Georgia).

2.  Rumors of him leaving for another job in conference.

Knowing us we will waste time on Malzahn and his Agent's shenanigans, and we will miss out on other more viable options.

JIHawg

Regarding Tommy T, the primary responsibility of an Athletic Director is to raise money.  To my knowledge, TT has never raised a nickel.  Why would we hire someone so inexperienced?

DoubleReedHawgCaller

This has the feel of " hey looky over here." While we're sliding someone in the backdoor.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on November 16, 2017, 09:33:37 pm
The discussion with Booger was telling as to the perception being given off.  We are beginning to look a little bush league.  If this goes sideways the media will have plenty to report on, probably do a 30/30 on how Arkansas did it again.

Just because Bo has "national" guys on his show, doesn't mean the national media gives a flip about what happens in Fayetteville. Bo is just reaching out to anyone who might "sound" like the agree with him.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Hollywood870

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on November 16, 2017, 10:33:21 pm
This has the feel of " hey looky over here." While we're sliding someone in the backdoor.
There's only one coach we would have to slide through the back door.

Beaverfever

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on November 16, 2017, 10:33:21 pm
it kind of does.  It'd be unusual for us to be getting legit leaks this early, particularly when we technically have a head coach and Gus is still at Auburn. 

3kgthog

Quote from: moses_007 on November 16, 2017, 09:09:44 pm
Gus' wife really wants to come home.  Done deal when the wife wants to move back home.

Maybe this time Gus will really be like, "Shut up!"

dalefromspringdale

moses_007

redeye

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on November 16, 2017, 09:33:37 pm

I know you're not alone, but I strongly disagree.  This stuff happens all the time, so I doubt anyone would care.

In fact, I'd argue that this paranoia makes us look more bush league.

Hawg Life

Quote from: Scott7703 on November 16, 2017, 09:14:32 pm

I did think Long would be fired, but I thought it would be after the season. I don't think Gus will be the next coach. I'd be willing to bet no posting on here for a year, if you want to bet. I would say money, but no one pays.