Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bruce Feldman tweet

Started by Karma, November 16, 2017, 03:20:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Feldman‏Verified account
@BruceFeldmanCFB
Following Following @BruceFeldmanCFB
More
Have heard there's been lots of push among #Arkansas BOT folks on the HC front. Some big money ppl driving for Gus Malzahn. Pretty messy there & Jeff Long got swept under in it.

a0ashle

Gross, this is getting worse and worse the more that comes out.

SONofHAM

Quote from: a0ashle on November 16, 2017, 03:23:07 pm
Doesn't seem to be new info.  This is what we've been hearing for days now.
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

HF#1

It won't be like pulling Mike from Mizzou.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Quote from: SONofHAM on November 16, 2017, 03:26:12 pm
First time I've seen a national media member saying its possible.

HF#1

Quote from: Karma on November 16, 2017, 03:34:10 pm

He didn't really say it was possible. Just said that is what the PTB want.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Mr. Porkleone

Been saying

Gus's job to turn down.

a0ashle

Quote from: SONofHAM on November 16, 2017, 03:26:12 pm

Yes, but it's coming out now through more channels then just HV rumor mill. I this treat as new when it starts getting corroborated.

SONofHAM

Quote from: Karma on November 16, 2017, 03:34:10 pm
agreed...wasn't sure why the poster I quoted thought it was gross

The Hawg Marshal

The more it gets out the quicker a decision will have to be made.

Atlhogfan1

Bruce Feldman‏Verified account
@BruceFeldmanCFB
Nov 15
More Bruce Feldman Retweeted Bruce Feldman
Re: Jeff Long & Arkansas> Have heard some version of this from several folks about JL: "He's the best guy I've ever worked for."
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hogfansince79

So, it looks like he reads hogville too.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." — George Carlin

SONofHAM

Quote from: a0ashle on November 16, 2017, 03:39:34 pm
Yes, but it's coming out now through more channels then just HV rumor mill. I this treat as new when it starts getting corroborated.
many have said similar.  Grant Hall, Mike Irwin, Bo, etc...all have said the same.  Get used to rumors having merit again.  We've time warped back to before Long.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 16, 2017, 03:40:38 pm
The more it gets out the quicker a decision will have to be made.

Well those who have leaked this are doing the UA and Gus no favors if this is what they want to happen.  Two games left with one being the Iron Bowl and maybe an SECCG if not playoffs too.  Should have kept it quiet.  Guessing it was to put pressure on Long and Bielema.  Our soap operas are interesting. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

HawgTide

Quote from: a0ashle on November 16, 2017, 03:23:07 pm

Nothing new here. Don't be so sensitive

navyhog24

Quote from: SONofHAM on November 16, 2017, 03:42:57 pm
many have said similar.  Grant Hall, Mike Irwin, Bo, etc...all have said the same.  Get used to rumors having merit again.  We've time warped back to before Long.

And the drama will definitely be there like it was when during the Nutt days if/when Gus is hired and if he were to fail miserably.

Danimal

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 16, 2017, 03:44:50 pm
Well those who have leaked this are doing the UA and Gus no favors if this is what they want to happen.  Two games left with one being the Iron Bowl and maybe an SECCG if not playoffs too.  Should have kept it quiet.  Guessing it was to put pressure on Long and Bielema.  Our soap operas are interesting.
Oh cool, I'm gonna post it on Facebook....

WilsonHog

Booger McFarland tweeted this afternoon that, "Gus Malzahn, from what I have heard, wants to be in Arkansas." Paraphrasing, he wants to rekindle what he had in Arkansas before.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 16, 2017, 03:44:50 pm
It's what happens with Jeff long not there. He kept things close to the vest. Now all kinds of people are hearing things and have sources and some of it is accurate. So now everything will leak out, whether it's for the better or not, it will still leak.

HF#1

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 16, 2017, 04:00:02 pm
Booger McFarland tweeted this afternoon that, "Gus Malzahn, from what I have heard, wants to be in Arkansas."

Folks like Booger, Feldman, Irwin, all know what they are talking about. This is a real possibility.

Atlhogfan1

Booger McFarland tweeted this afternoon that, "Gus Malzahn, from what I have heard, wants to be in Arkansas."

That is going to be an interesting part of the coverage next week of one of the biggest Iron Bowls ever.  How many times is Gus going to get asked about it?  Reminiscent of when Les had to address the Michigan rumors. 

WilsonHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 16, 2017, 04:02:55 pm
That is going to be an interesting part of the coverage next week of one of the biggest Iron Bowls ever.  How many times is Gus going to get asked about it?  Reminiscent of when Les had to address the Michigan rumors.

Yeah, and you just know the Auburn people are going to looovvveeee that. Let Alabama beat them amid the distraction of Malzahn being rumored on his way to Fayetteville, and they're liable to run him out of town before he can leave.

247Hog

I keep hearing the timing for Arkansas is horrible right now to pursue Gus. It seems prime time IMO. All season, Auburn has been looking for a reason to dump him. The AD is gone. Gus just kicked the number one teams ass. Looks to me, things backfired on Auburn, not Arkansas.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

HF#1

Quote from: 247Hog on November 16, 2017, 04:10:12 pm
I keep hearing the timing for Arkansas is horrible right now to pursue Gus. It seems prime time IMO. All season, Auburn has been looking for a reason to dump him. The AD is gone. Gus just kicked the number one teams ass. Looks to me, things backfired on Auburn, not Arkansas.

What nobody can measure is whether or not Gus wants out. There are multiple people claiming he does. If he wants out, it may be out of Auburn's control.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 16, 2017, 04:07:19 pm
Yeah, and you just know the Auburn people are going to looovvveeee that. Let Alabama beat them amid the distraction of Malzahn being rumored on his way to Fayetteville, and they're liable to run him out of town before he can leave.

They may give him a beat down at the Waffle House even if he wins.  Seriously though, even if he wins this season and ends up staying, this kind of thing will be a burden the very next time he slips up. 

SooieGeneris

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on November 16, 2017, 03:36:36 pm
Been saying

Gus's job to turn down.

And turn it down he most likely will if Auburn beats 'Bama. If they don't, then maybe.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

a0ashle

Quote from: HawgTide on November 16, 2017, 03:49:10 pm

Nothing new here. Don't be so sensitive

Yeah, this apparent coup is run of the mill.

je100

Booger McFarland tweeted this afternoon that, "Gus Malzahn, from what I have heard, wants to be in Arkansas." Paraphrasing, he wants to rekindle what he had in Arkansas before.

If Gus's wife wants to be back in Arkansas, it doesn't really matter what Gus wants.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: je100 on November 16, 2017, 04:28:29 pm
If Gus's wife wants to be back in Arkansas, it doesn't really matter what Gus wants.
Is she the one that calls the shots?

dmaxfan

Everyone needs to turn off outside sports media. They can sling stuff and smear us for miles, but they have 0 accountability and have 0 cares about this program. If an athletic department was to follow the advice of the media, they'd be wrong more times than not and the media wouldn't give 2 flying f's about it.

They get paid to 2nd guess. Which also makes me laugh at anyone who thinks Gruden would give up a job to 2nd guess others and become the one 2nd guessed.
No, you don't have any sources and no one believes you.

pghawg1

is Jimmy Sexton Gus busses agent may be sexton pushing the leaks.

RazorPiggie

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: pghawg1 on November 16, 2017, 04:45:54 pm
is Jimmy Sexton Gus busses agent may be sexton pushing the leaks.

Sexton doesn't have to leak it in this case, half of Arkansas knows somebody with "first hand" information on the situation. It was bound to get out. One of the worst kept secrets I've ever seen.lol

hogfansince79

Quote from: RazorPiggie on November 16, 2017, 05:03:15 pm
Hoping for an Auburn win!

Yes, for this reason and to see Saban get pissed.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." — George Carlin

WilsonHog

Guys, we do not take out after coach's families. Be better than that.

MissippHog