Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can a New Coach Win at Arkansas?

Started by Hugo Bezdek, November 14, 2017, 02:46:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hugo Bezdek

I keep seeing and hearing people speculate about who is above Arkansas in the pecking order for a new coach, and each of these schools has their pros and cons, but I thought I'd remind a lot of you that the right coach can win here. Arkansas finished in the Top 5 in 2011 and went to the Sugar Bowl in 2010. A&M had a Top 5 finish in 2012. Florida in 2009. The others have been long enough I didn't spend any more time looking it up. You can win here. Florida and A&M have obvious recruiting advantages, but there's no reason to think any coach worth their salt wouldn't consider coaching in Fayetteville in comparison to programs like Tennessee, Nebraska, and certainly not Ole Miss whose most recent success was bought and paid for.

I'm not a huge fan of Gus, but I think he'd be successful here. He's gotten very close to winning it all, but hasn't, so there's no reason to think he'd be complacent. Norvell, Morris, Campbell, Kiffin, etc. are all a crap shoot, but all have shown the potential to be the next big thing. There are no guarantees whoever we hire, but there's no good reason we take a back seat to any but a very few elite programs, and Florida is the only one I'd count in that category right now.

Hogman2

Petrino WON! Before  his biking escapade!

Hogman2

Petrino WON BEFORE his Motorcycle episode!

pghawg1

we get the right coach that can recruit Texas and  N Louisiana and eastern Okla., west Tenn and ARK we CAN WIN

Rzback

Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

cosmodrum

We will need to rename the Broyles Athletic Center to the Branch Gussonian Compound.
Go away, batin'