Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bo Pelini?

Started by hogsanity, November 14, 2017, 08:38:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

Has SEC experience from his time as LSu dc. Coached at Neb, a place kind of like Fayetteville, not around any other major programs, not in a recruiting hotbed, and he never won fewer than 9 games. He is a jack-a-ninny which some feel we need on the sidelines. Has been biding his time at Youngstown state while Neb continues to pick up part of his salary, but those payments end either at the end of 2017 or start of 2018.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hogwild

$150K a month through Feb. 2019

hogsanity

Quote from: Hogwild on November 14, 2017, 08:41:55 am

Wonder if that continues if he takes a fbs job?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hogwild

Quote from: hogsanity on November 14, 2017, 09:31:14 am
Wonder if that continues if he takes a fbs job?
It doesn't, his new contract would offset the Nebraska deal.

slappy

The sound-bites would definitely be interesting

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Hogwild on November 14, 2017, 08:41:55 am

Wish someone was paying me $150K/month to do nothing.

Oliver

I remember watching the Nebraska - Wisconsin Big 10 championship right before we hired Bielema.  There were rumors that we might hire Pelini to replace JL.  I was pulling for Wisconsin to embarrass Nebraska so we wouldn't make that terrible mistake.  Little did I know that Bielema was going to be our next coach.

I want Bielema gone but if given the choice I'd still take him over Pelini

hogsanity

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 14, 2017, 10:54:24 am
Wish someone was paying me $150K/month to do nothing.

He is actually the HC at Younstown st, since they are paying him less than what he was making at NEb they still are paying a prorated part of his buyout. His current overall pay is somewhere around 2.8 mil, but 1.8 of that is being picked up by Nebraska.

DeltaBoy

BO Knows Football.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Mr. Porkleone

Pelini is a JERK. You talk about fan discord. This guy would drive the fan base nuts.

hogsanity

I think it is funny many of our fans have now turned their nose up at 2 experienced P% coaches that averaged over 9 wins a year at their last stops ( NEb and LSU ) in favor of a guy who has not quite finished his 2nd yr as a HC, ANYWHERE,

The_Bionic_Pig

Can he be the Defensive Coordinator?
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hogsanity

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on November 14, 2017, 01:16:38 pm
Can he be the Defensive Coordinator?

Can he be? Sure. Would he be? Doubtful.

Razorbackers

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on November 14, 2017, 12:28:44 pm
Pelini is a JERK. You talk about fan discord. This guy would drive the fan base nuts.

He's a giant prick. I don't want him. But we WOULD get the Faux Pelini twitter account, so...

Rzback

Quote from: hogsanity on November 14, 2017, 12:41:55 pm
I think it is funny many of our fans have now turned their nose up at 2 experienced P% coaches that averaged over 9 wins a year at their last stops ( NEb and LSU ) in favor of a guy who has not quite finished his 2nd yr as a HC, ANYWHERE,
Hogsanity you are RIGHT and showing some sanity!!!
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

Hawghiggs

Quote from: hogsanity on November 14, 2017, 12:41:55 pm

I'm with you on this. I'd rather have a coach that has had several years of program building.

Hawginj

Quote from: Hawghiggs on November 14, 2017, 08:32:51 pm
I'm with you on this. I'd rather have a coach that has had several years of program building.
what program has Gus built? I'll wait

husker71

Bo pissed off just about everybody in Nebraska with his attitude.  You know if you piss off Osborne you have gone to far.   In the end even 9 or 10 wins wasn't enough to offset that crappy attitude.   He said some really bad things before he left and he was a prick even when times were good. 

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Hawghiggs on November 14, 2017, 08:32:51 pm

What program did Bo build?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Hawginj

Hawghiggs

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on November 14, 2017, 09:32:14 pm
What program did Bo build?

Build might be a strong word. But a 67-27 record in 8 years is a solid record. He had solid recruiting class as well. 

Slater

He is currently sucking at a perennial FCS powerhouse, why in the world would he be even a fringe candidate? Campbell, Venables, Frost, Fleck, Norvell   
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

hogsanity

My point with Pelini is that it is not easy to find a coach that fits the "sec experience, p5 hc experience, been at a school long enough to have had to do it with all his own players, had success at last p5 school " criteria many have set for what they want in the next coach.