Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chris Peterson

Started by ThisTeetsTaken, November 14, 2017, 08:07:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ThisTeetsTaken

Did he give us the time of day when we were looking to replace John L Smith?  Did we offer him the job?   Just curious over here boss.   
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

pghawg1

He is a west coast guy, don't think he would be interested.

Razorbackers

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on November 14, 2017, 08:07:16 am
Did he give us the time of day when we were looking to replace John L Smith?  Did we offer him the job?   Just curious over here boss.

He would have had less than zero interest in us had we called him. No one will be able to tell you whether we did or didn't. But he could have went to literally any school that had an opening for about 3 years before leaving for Washington. He held out for the job he wanted, in a place he wanted.

BR

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 14, 2017, 08:25:34 am
He would have had less than zero interest in us had we called him. No one will be able to tell you whether we did or didn't. But he could have went to literally any school that had an opening for about 3 years before leaving for Washington. He held out for the job he wanted, in a place he wanted.
HE also has a child that needs certain Medical Requirements and the Seattle area could meet that.
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

clutch

I think if he would have even shown a hint of interest he would have been hired. It was mentioned around that time that he wanted to stay in the Northwest.

Razorbackers

Quote from: BR on November 14, 2017, 08:26:34 am
HE also has a child that needs certain Medical Requirements and the Seattle area could meet that.

Oh yeah, that's right. Something about a respiratory issue? That's why he stayed in Boise all those years anyway, the dry climate. Or something like that. I think. lol.

riccoar

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 14, 2017, 08:27:36 am
Oh yeah, that's right. Something about a respiratory issue? That's why he stayed in Boise all those years anyway, the dry climate. Or something like that. I think. lol.
I thought it was his love of potatoes

BR

Quote from: riccoar on November 14, 2017, 08:32:32 am
I thought it was his love of potatoes
What an ass, a kid with a major Medical issue and you make jokes...  Wow

onebadrubi

He was a very smart guy with his coaching move.  He knew coming to the sec would not bode well, he was king of the world while at Bs and will be the same at Washington.  He will continue to play a very low ranked strength of schedule, be in the conversation for winning a lower tier power 5 conference while making a very good salary.  He will most likely never make a move to a high profile job or an sec job, why should he? 

Wooderson

Quote from: BR on November 14, 2017, 08:35:38 am

He could always have another kid.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

hogsanity

It is unlikely he ever leaves the pacific northwest due to his child. He has been treated at the same hospital, iirc, since birth, and no way he uproots his family from that situation at this point.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

BR

Quote from: hogsanity on November 14, 2017, 09:33:09 am
It is unlikely he ever leaves the pacific northwest due to his child. He has been treated at the same hospital, iirc, since birth, and no way he uproots his family from that situation at this point.
The child was treated at Boise, then they found a Hospital in Seattle that could continue the same treatment.  Had a Brain Tumor when younger. Has recently been cleared of cancer, but they are monitoring it closely. 

riccoar

Quote from: BR on November 14, 2017, 08:35:38 am
Lighten Up, Francis.  I meant the coach.