Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Below the Radar Candidates

Started by san1981, November 12, 2017, 03:41:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

san1981

Just my thoughts...

Willie Fritz Tulane Head Coach - He has head coaching experiencing in the recruiting hot bed areas of Louisiana, Texas and Georgia. Has held the head job at Central Missouri, Sam Houston State, Georgia Southern and Tulane. A graduate of Pittsburgh State. Runs the pistol offense.

Frank Wilson UTSA Head Coach - Turned around a depleted program. He knows the SEC and was the recruiting coordinator at LSU and has coached Tennessee, Ole Miss and Souther Miss.

Ken Niumatalolo Navy Head Coach - Has done nothing but win at Navy even with the recruiting hurdles. I'd love to see what he could do with more resources and a wide-open recruiting base. I think he would be a great fit at Nebraska if Scott Frost turns them down.

My top dream candidate is David Shaw at Stanford. We should just back-up the Walton money truck at Palo Alto. With the jabs he's taken at Saban in the past it would be a fun rivalry.

thebignasty

Quote from: san1981 on November 12, 2017, 03:41:09 pm
Just my thoughts...

Willie Fritz Tulane Head Coach - He has head coaching experiencing in the recruiting hot bed areas of Louisiana, Texas and Georgia. Has held the head job at Central Missouri, Sam Houston State, Georgia Southern and Tulane. A graduate of Pittsburgh State. Runs the pistol offense.

Frank Wilson UTSA Head Coach - Turned around a depleted program. He knows the SEC and was the recruiting coordinator at LSU and has coached Tennessee, Ole Miss and Souther Miss.

Ken Niumatalolo Navy Head Coach - Has done nothing but win at Navy even with the recruiting hurdles. I'd love to see what he could do with more resources and a wide-open recruiting base. I think he would be a great fit at Nebraska if Scott Frost turns them down.

My top dream candidate is David Shaw at Stanford. We should just back-up the Walton money truck at Palo Alto. With the jabs he's taken at Saban in the past it would be a fun rivalry.

Shaw ain't coming

The Hawg Marshal

rtr

The more smites the more intelligent I get.

jackflash

if a change is made at Arkansas we don't need a under the  radar coach

ipigsooie

Quote from: rtr on November 13, 2017, 07:24:35 am
Neal Brown of Troy

I read that anyone that hires brown pays troy 3 mill. I don't see us hiring him and much less paying a 3 mill buyout.

NaturalStateReb

Wilson's name is coming up at Ole Miss behind Norvell's.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 13, 2017, 07:49:00 am
I read that anyone that hires brown pays troy 3 mill. I don't see us hiring him and much less paying a 3 mill buyout.

Well, I hear a lot these "buyouts" are all fluuuid...

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on November 13, 2017, 07:56:55 am
He has a small resume, but appears to be a good coach and is an excellent recruiter.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 13, 2017, 09:06:33 am
Could be. I just dont see us paying a lot to get him.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/sports/college/troy-university/2017/10/25/want-neal-brown-your-coach-pay-troy-almost-3-million/799755001/

Could be a way to finance our way out of the fiasco we are in.. take the money out of his contract, he'd cost less, so in a few years you'd have absorbed BB's buyout.. then when he demands the big bucks, your ready..

Atlhogfan1

BYU needs to get it done this time with the Navy coach.

No to Shaw.  Not because he isn't qualified and wouldn't be a great hire for most any AD but our fans are obsessed with the spread.  Must be spread coach. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ipigsooie

Quote from: Dominicanhog on November 14, 2017, 12:00:13 pm
Could be a way to finance our way out of the fiasco we are in.. take the money out of his contract, he'd cost less, so in a few years you'd have absorbed BB's buyout.. then when he demands the big bucks, your ready..

I dont see him taking much less than what Norvell would cost and Norvells buyout is only 500k.

Tsarcasm

Jim Bob Cooter ---------not only do you get a kick A$$ name, hes also a pretty good NFL OC.
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." – Steven Wright

Boardon Hamsay

Betty White would be a below the radar candidate.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

The_Iceman

Navy beat SMU running for 550+ yards and only throwing one pass (it was intercepted).

His style would not work in the SEC and the fans here would turn on him quick without an effective passing game.

ChicoHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 15, 2017, 04:23:07 pm
Navy beat SMU running for 550+ yards and only throwing one pass (it was intercepted).

His style would not work in the SEC and the fans here would turn on him quick without an effective passing game.
Agreed. And SMU gave up over 500 yards rushing and of course that probably wouldn't bother anyone.  Chad Morris may be a good coach someday but 500 yards rushing is tough to swallow.  Like the hogs/Auburn game last year. 

Birminghog

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on November 13, 2017, 07:56:55 am

UTSA was beaten this fall by UAB in UAB's first year back for football.

ChicoHog

Quote from: Birminghog on November 15, 2017, 04:59:02 pm
UTSA was beaten this fall by UAB in UAB's first year back for football.
Bill Clark is doing an awesome job there.