Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clay Travis today

Started by ipigsooie, November 12, 2017, 12:38:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ipigsooie

For what it's worth, today Clay Travis has us with either Norvell or Strong.  Not much of a surprise but I'm hoping for Norvell.  He also says that Gus isn't going anywhere and Auburn is set up to be really good next year.

www.outkickthecoverage.com/starting-11-playoff-drama-explodes-edition/

hawgball40

I'd be happy with strong. He could atleast build a championship defense here. with the right OC and position coaches, i could see us being pretty good under strong. Would be funny to see him succeed here, texas would be pissed.

BR

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 12, 2017, 12:38:18 pm
For what it's worth, today Clay Travis has us with either Norvell or Strong.  Not much of a surprise but I'm hoping for Norvell.  He also says that Gus isn't going anywhere and Auburn is set up to be really good next year.

Good Article, don't usually agree with Travis... 
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Hoggie17

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 12, 2017, 01:02:19 pm
I'd be happy with strong. He could atleast build a championship defense here. with the right OC and position coaches, i could see us being pretty good under strong. Would be funny to see him succeed here, texas would be pissed.
[/quote
He failed at Texas, enough said.   

jgphillips3

Norvell is the easy choice between those two.  For me anyway.

GuvHog

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 12, 2017, 02:16:28 pm
Norvell is the easy choice between those two.  For me anyway.

Agreed. I'd be okay with Strong but I'd prefer Norvell.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Ex-Trumpet

Clay doesn't know any more than Delta--maybe less.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

26.2Hog

I'd be happy with strong. He could at least build a championship defense here.

Like the one he built at Texas?

007 License To Squeal

Strong failed at Texas.  We don't need another failure here.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

grayhawg

Quote from: 26.2Hog on November 12, 2017, 03:26:39 pm
Like the one he built at Texas?
Just like the one in Texas, no to CS.

The Hawg Marshal

imtad16

November 12, 2017, 09:10:38 pm #11 Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 11:04:30 pm by imtad16
Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on November 12, 2017, 04:25:41 pm
Strong failed at Texas.  We don't need another failure here.

Agreed. If we have the choice between taking a risk on a retread or an up and comer, I would much rather go with the up and comer. A proven track record doesn't hold much weight with me currently. Or atleast as much as it did 5 years ago.

wachhog

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 12, 2017, 12:38:18 pm

If we wind up with Strong, I think it is because we couldn't get anyone  else. If he couldn't win at Texas in their conference and with their recruiting base, he surely can't win at Arkansas. And, we'd likely be stuck with him.
Whoever we hire, it needs to be somebody we can fire if he doesn't work out. We don't need someone whose Arkansas connections result in our heing stuck. Again.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Hoggie17 on November 12, 2017, 02:08:55 pm
He failed at Texas, enough said.   
Like you failed at quoting.  ;)
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/