Started by OperationRestoreHawgBall, November 11, 2017, 07:53:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OperationRestoreHawgBall

OperationRestoreHawgBall

It's obvious gus' wife wants to move back to arkansas

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Martygit

Quote from: OperationRestoreHawgBall on November 11, 2017, 07:54:24 pm
It's obvious gus' wife wants to move back to arkansas

That's too bad - I was hoping she'd stay in Alabama
RIP OTR, REV

26.2Hog

So Hogocalypse has a feeling?  Well then, that settles it.

Hawginj

007 License To Squeal

I think Auburn's performance today gave the Gus Bus enough fuel to coast into NWA .If the rumors about Gus wanting out of Auburn are correct, I think he cinched his place as the new coach of the Arkansas Razorbacks today....
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

HoginIllinois

His wife was in Fayetteville last week looking at houses.
An agreement in principle has been reached but they're waiting until after the bowl game to announce it.
He was seen on campus last week.
Rich booster (fill in the blank) is going to pay his buyout.
The situation is fluid.

Had to get all that BS out of the way.

Boardon Hamsay

Anyone think Gus' current contract has a no compete clause?
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

The Hawg Marshal

If Gus beats Bama do you really think he's gonna jump ship and come to Arkansas?

007 License To Squeal

moses_007

Well, no doubt we'd see an improvement with Gus as our coach.  And he'd run the spread, hurry up offense, which many here want anyway.

I frankly don't know why so many posters here don't like Gus.  He was treated most unfairly by HDN his one year as OC, and he deserved better than that.  He's been successful everywhere he's been a head coach.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Bkhardicars

I'm calling Auburn to beat BAMA, Gus gets a raise and larger buy out..

Cave City Joe

Gus isn't going anywhere.  He will probably get a raise and extension
"When you're part of a team, you stand up for your teammates. Your loyalty is to them. You protect them through good and bad, because they'd do the same for you."  <br />Yogi Berra

26.2Hog

Quote from: Cave City Joe on November 11, 2017, 08:01:10 pm
Gus isn't going anywhere.  He will probably get a raise and extension

How can you possibly say that?

Don't you know there are rumors . . . and rumors of rumors?

seasonhog

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 11, 2017, 07:59:27 pm
If Gus beats Bama do you really think he's gonna jump ship and come to Arkansas?

Gus would be the best coach for Hogs.......hands down.

Big misstate not hiring him before Bielema.

Rayzback

Enters the stadium through a rainbow 🌈  on the back of a unicorn 🦄.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

ricepig

rhames

Maybe if Saban loses tonight we can make a run at him!

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

OperationRestoreHawgBall

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Rayzback on November 11, 2017, 08:04:14 pm

Shirtless, with his wife riding side saddle completely naked, slathered in orange marmalade.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

ricepig

Quote from: rhames on November 11, 2017, 08:05:14 pm
Maybe is Saban loses tonight we can make a run at him!

Yep, Bama will fire him tonight if they lose.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: seasonhog on November 11, 2017, 08:04:06 pm

Gus would be the best coach for Hogs.......hands down.

Big misstate not hiring him before Bielema.
That wasn't my question.

Torqued pork

Not that it means anything, but I could swear Gus referred to Auburn as the best place to coach and play college football as he was walking off the field today. Maybe it was just the emotion of the moment or maybe not.

rhames

Quote from: ricepig on November 11, 2017, 08:06:14 pm
Yep, Bama will fire him tonight if they lose.

You know how that I think about it I don't want a coach that can't even beat Mississippi State.

PASS

SooieGeneris

Quote from: HoginIllinois on November 11, 2017, 07:58:46 pm
His He was seen on campus last week.
Rich booster (fill in the blank) is going to pay his buyout.
The situation is fluid. wife was in Fayetteville last week looking at houses.
An agreement in principle has been reached but they're waiting until after the bowl game to announce it.

Had to get all that BS out of the way.

Not to mention, Jon "John" Gruden was seen at a local steakhouse dining with JL and wearing a red tie.

Bill Cowher, dining at a nearby table, wet his pants when he saw that Gruden might have a "leg up" on him for the job.

Doesn't get more fluid than that..
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Rayzback on November 11, 2017, 08:04:14 pm

Haha....+1000

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: OperationRestoreHawgBall on November 11, 2017, 08:05:18 pm
Yes I do.

You do realize, that if he beats Bama and wins the SECC, he will be ranked in the top 5 with 11 wins and a possible shot at the playoffs. So you think he'd give that up to come to Arkansas? Why?

Ironhawg

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on November 11, 2017, 08:06:12 pm
Shirtless, with his wife riding side saddle completely naked, slathered in orange marmalade.

Well with that little mental image running around in my head I probably won't sleep tonight.  Gee thanks for that.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on November 11, 2017, 08:06:12 pm

Sounds like Vladi Putin and a certain Prez..
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Hawg Life

grayhawg

Gus will probably be here in Ark after season to visit family for the holidays and go back home to Auburn

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Torqued pork on November 11, 2017, 08:07:34 pm
Not that it means anything, but I could swear Gus referred to Auburn as the best place to coach and play college football as he was walking off the field today. Maybe it was just the emotion of the moment or maybe not.

What do you expect him to say?  This place sucks ass?  He is the head coach of Auburn right now.  I doubt he comes,  but every coach is going to talk up the school they are coaching. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Ragnar Hogbrok

That's the way a few of these posters dream each night by the sound of their lamentations that the man wasn't hired instead of CBB.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

OperationRestoreHawgBall

Sounds like coachspeak to me. I think he still has something to prove at Arkansas. Sometimes a man comes to a point in his life where he wants to face down his demons.

Quote from: Torqued pork on November 11, 2017, 08:07:34 pm

OperationRestoreHawgBall

Yes...you do realize he is on a short lease at the barn, right? But Arkansas showed we have no issues giving a mediocre coach 5 years and a massive buyout.

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 11, 2017, 08:09:46 pm
You do realize, that if he beats Bama and wins the SECC, he will be ranked in the top 5 with 11 wins and a possible shot at the playoffs. So you think he'd give that up to come to Arkansas? Why?

HawgPound

AAHAHAHHHAHHAHHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHHAHHAHHAHHAAAAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHHAHHA

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHAHAHAH'

HAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

AHAHAHHAHHAHHA

HAHAHHA

HAHA

HA

ur

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: OperationRestoreHawgBall on November 11, 2017, 08:18:14 pm
Yes...you do realize he is on a short lease at the barn, right? But Arkansas showed we have no issues giving a mediocre coach 5 years and a massive buyout.

I guess we'll see. It just doesn't make sense to me though.

DoctorSusscrofa

No. Never ever. Hate him and Nutt worse than anyone ever.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 11, 2017, 08:12:09 pm
Well with that little mental image running around in my head I probably won't sleep tonight.  Gee thanks for that.

How bout ditching the unicorn and he simply levitates down into the stadium from the sky while wearing princely robes, lands on this midfield golden pyramid that is surrounded by thousands of naked fans who pay tribute by repeatedly throwing sweet gherkins onto the steps of the pyramid.
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed

N HOG

Is it unreasonable to think that JJ will have the majority vote on the new coach?

Any insight on how he feels about Gus?

ricepig

Quote from: grayhawg on November 11, 2017, 08:15:23 pm
Gus will probably be here in Ark after season to visit family for the holidays and go back home to Auburn

Recruiting somebody, more than likely.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: N HOG on November 11, 2017, 08:25:18 pm
Is it unreasonable to think that JJ will have the majority vote on the new coach?

Any insight on how he feels about Gus?

Sources say Gus is lukewarm on JJ Abrams as a director. Liked what he did with Star Wars but hated Star Trek.

rhames

I imagine my razorback coach with big angle wings singing back up vocals to Lynard Skynyrd

OperationRestoreHawgBall

Easy buyout and no mention of non-compete clause in Montgomery Advertiser article:"If Malzahn were to leave before the end of the 2020 season, he would owe the school any outstanding payments owed to his assistants who either don't follow him to a new job or are not retained by the new coaching staff.'

Hawginj

OperationRestoreHawgBall

I think Norvell and gus both fit the bill of better in-state recruiting. Problem is our in-state talent is pretty limited, and imo Norvell can't compete with gus when it comes to out-of-state recruiting.