Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blake Anderson

Started by DemiHOG, October 19, 2017, 07:55:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

clutch

Quote from: ricepig on October 21, 2017, 11:47:42 am
What's funny is that about half of their fan base would like to see him go, he can't beat anyone outside of their conference. Most thought Drinkwitz was their offense and didn't want Anderson running it. He's done ok there, not sure you'll see him getting the promotion the previous coaches have.

I know it. Drinkwitz was good. I think Anderson is a very good mid-level coach. I don't see him being able to carry it over to a bigger program though.

holeinthewall

Quote from: 1highhog on October 20, 2017, 05:39:20 pm
Ah ha, so you're an AState fan.  Tell me, why are you on a Razorback message board if you're a fan of the wolves, shouldn't you be on one of their message boards, or do they even have one?

Actually no. I am a fan of a team not in Arkansas. But my son did graduate from ASU and I  have been to a lot of games in Jonesboro. I have also been to a lot of Pig games at War memorial. I like college football and watch a lot of it unlike a lot of fans of certain teams who thinks the world starts and stops with "their" team and can't understand why they aren't a national program.

As to why I am on an Pig message board.   I live in central Arkansas and I do the pick ems and the fantasy NASCAR and spend a lot of time at Oaklawn.  So I usually stick to those forums and the general spots forum which is where this topic is. 

I don't go into the MMBQ and bash the Pigs or say how bad the coaching staff is.  I will let all of you "fans" do that lol

Arkstfan

Quote from: HoggyCat on October 19, 2017, 08:20:48 pm
ASUj is in a pitiful conference. All the good teams bailed for bigger conferences not no one wants them. It's a matter of time before others jump.

Just better to not speak if you don't know what you are speaking about.

Four schools entered CUSA in 2013, and one in 2014.

Sure North Texas left, they had won the Sun Belt four times, but hadn't won the league since 2004 they were flat on their back when they left the Sun Belt and had lost 8 in a row to AState.

FIU took a share in 2010 but got rolled by AState their final two seasons and they were 7-9 their final two Sun Belt years.

FAU took a share of the Sun Belt in 2007 but they were 5-19 their final two years in the Sun Belt.

MTSU shared the Sun Belt in 2001 and 2006 outscored 43-141 in their last three games against AState capped by a 45-0 to end the series.

WKU never won a share of the Sun Belt.

The Sun Belt did not lose Arkansas State, Troy or Louisiana Lafayette thus did not lose it's best teams and it replaced them with some good teams.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Arkstfan on October 23, 2017, 02:47:59 pm
Just better to not speak if you don't know what you are speaking about.

Four schools entered CUSA in 2013, and one in 2014.

Sure North Texas left, they had won the Sun Belt four times, but hadn't won the league since 2004 they were flat on their back when they left the Sun Belt and had lost 8 in a row to AState.

FIU took a share in 2010 but got rolled by AState their final two seasons and they were 7-9 their final two Sun Belt years.

FAU took a share of the Sun Belt in 2007 but they were 5-19 their final two years in the Sun Belt.

MTSU shared the Sun Belt in 2001 and 2006 outscored 43-141 in their last three games against AState capped by a 45-0 to end the series.

WKU never won a share of the Sun Belt.

The Sun Belt did not lose Arkansas State, Troy or Louisiana Lafayette thus did not lose it's best teams and it replaced them with some good teams.

Two perennial FCS powerhouses such as Georgia Southern and App State for example were excellent pickups for the Sunbelt to replace the pitiful likes of the 2 F_ U schools.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Arkstfan

Quote from: GolfNut57 on October 23, 2017, 03:11:24 pm
Two perennial FCS powerhouses such as Georgia Southern and App State for example were excellent pickups for the Sunbelt to replace the pitiful likes of the 2 F_ U schools.

Thought it was bizarre when Mario Cristobal was at FIU and people raved he was the hot rising coach. When he had T.Y. Hilton they were pretty good they absolutely sucked without him. FAU had a couple good years under Schnellenberger and have stunk until Kiffin arrived.

I don't understand how you can field such generally bad teams in south Florida.

Rudy Baylor

He's much better than UCA's coach

That's about it

asuato

Quote from: mclyte on October 19, 2017, 10:45:22 pm
You can go back years and years if you would like. Bottom line is that the 5th or 6th best team in that pitiful conference went into LSU and owned them. The conference isn't that bad this year. Hogs don't want none of astate this year.

Troy is probably the third best behind ASU and Appy.

holeinthewall

He made fun of UA yesterday at the TD club.

Seminole Indian

Think the thinking was that Anderson would have a hard time staying if the 2018 team is as good as it is expected to be. Some schools may come hard at him this year if they finish strong.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Dillar Dog

Quote from: holeinthewall on October 24, 2017, 07:20:23 am
He made fun of UA yesterday at the TD club.

Kinda easy these days, isn't it?

holeinthewall

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: factchecker on October 19, 2017, 08:03:17 pm
No.

He can't beat a P5 school to save his life.  Heck he struggles with FCS clubs like conway college.
How many mid major programs beat a P5 school in a typical year?

GolfNut57

Quote from: factchecker on October 19, 2017, 08:03:17 pm
No.

He can't beat a P5 school to save his life. Heck he struggles with FCS clubs like conway college.

Yeah.....that was some struggle vs UAPB a few weeks ago. Score was 48-3 I believe. You're right. That 45 point margin was a real white knuckler.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Dropkick

Here's something funny too..................

Since this date in 2015 ASU has beaten 2 teams that finished the year with a winning record.

ASU is 4-2 this year. Opponents they have beaten are 6-21.

Dillar Dog

As an Arkansas fan, I'd take that right now

Sweet Feet

At least he didn't get beat by 50+ against Auburn...

factchecker

Quote from: Sweet Feet on October 24, 2017, 05:04:45 pm
At least he didn't get beat by 50+ against Auburn...

Are we really comparing who had the better loss?

That's like us saying at least we didn't get beat by 21 against Toledo or by 30 in 2015......

Has jonesboro state EVER beaten Auburn?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Dropkick

Quote from: factchecker on October 24, 2017, 05:40:27 pm
Are we really comparing who had the better loss?

That's like us saying at least we didn't get beat by 21 against Toledo or by 30 in 2015......

Has jonesboro state EVER beaten Auburn?
Are you kidding, that is the MO of their fanbase. UA Is their measuring stick. It's an obsession for them. It would be funny if It weren't so sad.

Dropkick

factchecker

Quote from: Dropkick on October 24, 2017, 08:19:12 pm
Are you kidding, that is the MO of their fanbase. UA Is their measuring stick. It's an obsession for them. It would be funny if It weren't so sad.

All you need to know about their fanbase:

http://scout.com/college/arkansas-state/Board/105452/Contents/Frank-Broyles-106130623
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS