Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blake Anderson

Started by DemiHOG, October 19, 2017, 07:55:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DemiHOG

A-state coach, I'm relatively new to this, but what does HV think about him? I love his offense.

GoHogs1091

He is not that great of a Coach.  They have been inconsistent ever since he has been their Head Coach.

UCA's Head Coach, Steve Campbell, totally out-coached Anderson last season.

factchecker

No.

He can't beat a P5 school to save his life.  Heck he struggles with FCS clubs like conway college.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

DemiHOG

Dwight_K_Shrute

Oh please this is such snobby BS. Yeah he got beat by UCA, once and he made some changes and went on to go 7-1 in conference. In fact he is 22-4 in conference in 3+ years. He is dominating his peer group. He would need to lose 18 straight conference games to get to .500 in conference as opposed to Bert who needs to win 18 straight. They gave Nebraska all they wanted at Nebraska and got hosed on some calls. Is he the best G-5 coach? No but he's a damn good one.  It's not like he's might top choice or would even get considered but the only reason some dog on him is because he's at Astate. So yeah that UCA loss was a low point but he got it figured out, recovered and hasn't looked back.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

ipigsooie

He will do a decent job at ole miss next year.

factchecker

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on October 19, 2017, 08:11:57 pm
Oh please this is such snobby BS. Yeah he got beat by UCA, once and he made some changes and went on to go 7-1 in conference. In fact he is 22-4 in conference in 3+ years. He is dominating his peer group. He would need to lose 18 straight conference games to get to .500 in conference as opposed to Bert who needs to win 18 straight. They gave Nebraska all they wanted at Nebraska and got hosed on some calls. Is he the best G-5 coach? No but he's a damn good one.  It's not like he's might top choice or would even get considered but the only reason some dog on him is because he's at Astate. So yeah that UCA loss was a low point but he got it figured out, recovered and hasn't looked back.

Nebraska is garbage and state plays in a horrible conference.

The Southland conference (FCS) might be as good as the sunbelt.

jonesboro state is 1-72 vs. P5 conferences:

0-3 vs. ACC
0-9 vs. BIG 10
1-13 vs. BIG 12 (AnM was in BIG 12 at the time)
0-2 vs. PAC 12
0-45 vs. SEC  (I think they have a win against Ole Miss in the 20s but it doesn't list it)

http://mcubed.net/ncaaf/tvc/arkst/index.shtml
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

East Clintwood

So you're blaming hum for 72 P5 losses?

He's been busy.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

HoggyCat

ASUj is in a pitiful conference. All the good teams bailed for bigger conferences not no one wants them. It's a matter of time before others jump.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

HoggyCat

Quote from: factchecker on October 19, 2017, 08:14:42 pm
Nebraska is garbage and state plays in a horrible conference.

The Southland conference (FCS) might be as good as the sunbelt.

jonesboro state is 1-72 vs. P5 conferences:

0-3 vs. ACC
0-9 vs. BIG 10
1-13 vs. BIG 12 (AnM was in BIG 12 at the time)
0-2 vs. PAC 12
0-45 vs. SEC  (I think they have a win against Ole Miss in the 20s but it doesn't list it)

http://mcubed.net/ncaaf/tvc/arkst/index.shtml

And A&M couldn't even untie their own shoes the year they beat them.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

factchecker

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 19, 2017, 08:19:23 pm
So you're blaming hum for 72 P5 losses?

He's been busy.

Nope.

Used their overall record vs. P5 teams as evidence that they are in a garbage conference.  Winning the sunbelt is nothing.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

1highhog

Quote from: DemiHOG on October 19, 2017, 07:55:45 pm
A-state coach, I'm relatively new to this, but what does HV think about him? I love his offense.

Lol, please stop.

Porkchop#1

I'd trade CBB for Blake Anderson in a New York minute, I'd even throw in a six pack, and it wouldn't have to be cold either.

GuvHog

I love the sheer hypocrisy on this board. Just the other day some on here mentioned ULL's head coach as a possibility and he's currently getting his head handed to him by Arkansas State but State's coach isn't any good?? Ridiculous!
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

(notOM)Rebel123

Anderson is a good coach. People like to discount ASU because, well, they are ASU. But look at the turnover they have had and they just keep on winning.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

bob slydell

Quote from: HoggyCat on October 19, 2017, 08:20:48 pm
ASUj is in a pitiful conference. All the good teams bailed for bigger conferences not no one wants them. It's a matter of time before others jump.

Isn't ULM in their conference?
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on October 19, 2017, 08:55:25 pm
I love the sheer hypocrisy on this board. Just the other day some on here mentioned ULL's head coach as a possibility and he's currently getting his head handed to him by Arkansas State but State's coach isn't any good?? Ridiculous!

It's only hypocrisy of it's the same posters, otherwise it's just different opinions by different posters.

factchecker

ONE poster mentioned this.  He was met with at least one person (me) telling him that Hud wasn't a good coach and that ULL wasn't a good program.

You are welcome Guv.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: Bob Slydell on October 19, 2017, 08:58:15 pm
Isn't ULM in their conference?

That is the only loss the Razorbacks have against the sunbelt and it came under an interim coach.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

bob slydell

Quote from: factchecker on October 19, 2017, 09:01:34 pm
That is the only loss the Razorbacks have against the sunbelt and it came under an interim coach.

So you're saying that at least that year we were worse than a Sun Belt program?
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

factchecker

Quote from: Bob Slydell on October 19, 2017, 09:02:44 pm

Worse than one sun belt program on that particular day?  Sure.

If Tyler Wilson doesn't get concussed probably not.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

GuvHog

Quote from: factchecker on October 19, 2017, 09:01:02 pm
ONE poster mentioned this.  He was met with at least one person (me) telling him that Hud wasn't a good coach and that ULL wasn't a good program.

You are welcome Guv.

Go back and look at that thread again. He was mentioned by several posters.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Dropkick

Quote from: Bob Slydell on October 19, 2017, 09:02:44 pm
We were for 1 game

factchecker

Quote from: Dropkick on October 19, 2017, 09:06:42 pm
We were for 1 game

Yep.  We were 3 points worse......after an off-season full of drama, losing our head coach, and having Tyler Wilson leave with a concussion.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

elksnort

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on October 19, 2017, 07:58:41 pm
He is not that great of a Coach.  They have been inconsistent ever since he has been their Head Coach.

UCA's Head Coach, Steve Campbell, totally out-coached Anderson last season.
you mean like conference championships and bowl games?

elksnort

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on October 19, 2017, 08:11:57 pm
thank you I'm a Razorback fan first but it gets ridiculous when they take this kind of stance.

elksnort

it's intellectual dishonesty. If it is even intellectual at all

East Clintwood

Quote from: elksnort on October 19, 2017, 09:20:59 pm
it's intellectual dishonesty. If it is even intellectual at all

If it's on Hogville, chances are it's not intellectual.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

mclyte

Troy says hi. ULM says hi. Take that somewhere else. So sad we don't play astate. We don't want any part of them this year.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: factchecker on October 19, 2017, 08:23:45 pm
Nope.

Used their overall record vs. P5 teams as evidence that they are in a garbage conference.  Winning the sunbelt is nothing.

You seriously had to research to figure that out?

You're no fact checker. Just some out of touch google doosh

factchecker

Quote from: mclyte on October 19, 2017, 10:16:11 pm
Troy says hi. ULM says hi.

The SEC is 139-9 against the Sun Belt.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: ShadowHawg on October 19, 2017, 10:20:30 pm
You seriously had to research to figure that out?

You're no fact checker. Just some out of touch google doosh

No need to research.  Just go to mcubed.net 

They have all the records there.

I guess I can break it down so you can understand:

"The suns belts is a medocure conferencee.  bunch of carepert baggerds loosers out dere in da suns betls.. da hur da hur."
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

mclyte

Quote from: factchecker on October 19, 2017, 10:20:44 pm
The SEC is 139-9 against the Sun Belt.

As they should be. Seriously comparing the sun belt to the sec? Do you not realize the talent discrepancy. The nine losses is bad by the sec. Little Troy from that pitiful conference went into Death Valley and completely dominated LSU. Was a lot worse than the score. Anderson is a helluva coach and has done great in a conference that has shown they can compete with the power 5s. 

factchecker

Quote from: mclyte on October 19, 2017, 10:30:08 pm
As they should be. Seriously comparing the sun belt to the sec? Do you not realize the talent discrepancy. The nine losses is bad by the sec. Little Troy from that pitiful conference went into Death Valley and completely dominated LSU. Was a lot worse than the score. Anderson is a helluva coach and has done great in a conference that has shown they can compete with the power 5s.

9-139 vs. the SEC is not competing.

5-38 vs. the ACC is not competing.

2-29 vs. the BIG 10 is not competing.

0-28 vs. the PAC is not competing.

5-68 vs. the Big12 is not competing.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

mclyte

Quote from: factchecker on October 19, 2017, 10:35:30 pm
9-139 vs. the SEC is not competing.

5-38 vs. the ACC is not competing.

2-29 vs. the BIG 10 is not competing.

0-28 vs. the PAC is not competing.

5-68 vs. the Big12 is not competing.

You can go back years and years if you would like. Bottom line is that the 5th or 6th best team in that pitiful conference went into LSU and owned them.

mclyte

You can go back years and years if you would like. Bottom line is that the 5th or 6th best team in that pitiful conference went into LSU and owned them. The conference isn't that bad this year. Hogs don't want none of astate this year.

factchecker

Quote from: mclyte on October 19, 2017, 10:44:00 pm
You can go back years and years if you would like. Bottom line is that the 5th or 6th best team in that pitiful conference went into LSU and owned them.

Ok.  So the exception is the rule.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

holeinthewall

ASU consistently wins their conference. Could they win the SEC no. But neither can the Pigs. 25 years and still trying. So is it better to win and be successful in a lesser conference or be a doormat in a better conference and beat your chest your in the SEC but can't compete in it?

Kicking Wing

HAHAHA!  The good teams didn't leave.  CUSA is worse than the SBC.  UNT could not compete in the SBC and immediately became a bowl team when they moved.  WKU is pretty good but they never won the SBC.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Kicking Wing on October 20, 2017, 12:48:53 pm
HAHAHA!  The good teams didn't leave.  CUSA is worse than the SBC.  UNT could not compete in the SBC and immediately became a bowl team when they moved.  WKU is pretty good but they never won the SBC.

Pretty sure too that when two of the Sunbelts doormats, FAU and FIU, left the Belt it was because another conference wanted them for their TV market and recruiting footprint. And just like in the Belt, those two have been doormats for their new conference.

This thread is nothing more than a few hog fans showing their asses because of the hogs troubles in SEC play. They are a consistently mediocre team in the SEC and so have to belittle ASU and the Sunbelt to sooth their bruised egos.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

elksnort

Quote from: GolfNut57 on October 20, 2017, 01:24:56 pm
Pretty sure too that when two of the Sunbelts doormats, FAU and FIU, left the Belt it was because another conference wanted them for their TV market and recruiting footprint. And just like in the Belt, those two have been doormats for their new conference.

This thread is nothing more than a few hog fans showing their asses because of the hogs troubles in SEC play. They are a consistently mediocre team in the SEC and so have to belittle ASU and the Sunbelt to sooth their bruised egos.
Good post.

ricepig

Quote from: holeinthewall on October 20, 2017, 05:03:30 am
ASU consistently wins their conference. Could they win the SEC no. But neither can the Pigs. 25 years and still trying. So is it better to win and be successful in a lesser conference or be a doormat in a better conference and beat your chest your in the SEC but can't compete in it?

Football isn't the only sport we offer.

1highhog

Ah ha, so you're an AState fan.  Tell me, why are you on a Razorback message board if you're a fan of the wolves, shouldn't you be on one of their message boards, or do they even have one?

GolfNut57

Quote from: 1highhog on October 20, 2017, 05:39:20 pm
Ah ha, so you're an AState fan.  Tell me, why are you on a Razorback message board if you're a fan of the wolves, shouldn't you be on one of their message boards, or do they even have one?

Want to point out where the sign is that says NO ASU fans allowed on a general sports message board? At least he isn't on the Hogs main board up in MMQB. Furthermore, I am also known here as a stAte fan and the way I see it just posting a opinion you don't want to hear is not trolling. Pretty sure too that it is known here that ASU has a message board. RicePig likes to visit it frequently.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

GolfNut57

Quote from: 1highhog on October 20, 2017, 05:39:20 pm

What's really funny about your reaction is that a hog fan started a thread about the ASU coach and you are getting offended because an ASU fan had the audacity to come in and post in response to it.

How dare you post an opinion I don't like, GET OFF MY LAWN!  :D

factchecker

So is it better to win and be successful in a lesser conference or be a doormat in a better conference and beat your chest your in the SEC but can't compete in it?

It's better to have an overall winning record in football.
THE University of Arkansas Razorbacks record: 711-490-40 - jonesboro state school of inferiors: 461-479-37   :puke:

It's also better to win multiple national championships in other sports at the division 1 level.

It's significantly better to not live off of stolen student fees and tax dollars like the jonesboro state inferiors.

Finally, it's also better to not celebrate the death of the flagship university's legendary athletic director like the trash you call a fanbase did.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

GolfNut57

Quote from: factchecker on October 20, 2017, 06:19:37 pm
It's better to have an overall winning record in football.
THE University of Arkansas Razorbacks record: 711-490-40 - jonesboro state school of inferiors: 461-479-37   

So.....how's that living in the past working out for you these days? I hear Beleima is doing a great job for you. Oh.......wait.......

factchecker

Quote from: GolfNut57 on October 20, 2017, 06:52:12 pm

So.....how's that living in the past working out for you these days? I hear Beleima is doing a great job for you. Oh.......wait.......

We aren't The University of Arkansas Razorbacks not the fighting bielema's.

We have one mascot..... no need to change - unlike the runnin red puke pup indians of jonesboro tech.

Have fun in your worse than FCS league praying that the BIG 12 will expand and consider you.

Wait..... they already took a dump on you and said no.......
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

clutch

I like Anderson. However, he seems to lose a game he shouldn't lose each year. I'd like to see him stay at ASU. Great coach for them, not sure he's quite ready for the SEC. His offense is exciting. Sure wish the Hogs still had Edwards.

ricepig

Quote from: clutch on October 21, 2017, 10:57:43 am
I like Anderson. However, he seems to lose a game he shouldn't lose each year. I'd like to see him stay at ASU. Great coach for them, not sure he's quite ready for the SEC. His offense is exciting. Sure wish the Hogs still had Edwards.

What's funny is that about half of their fan base would like to see him go, he can't beat anyone outside of their conference. Most thought Drinkwitz was their offense and didn't want Anderson running it. He's done ok there, not sure you'll see him getting the promotion the previous coaches have.