Count is now up to 7 Bears asking for their release

Started by HogNDas, June 02, 2016, 01:17:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogNDas

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Polecat

Any chance on Hudson? Didn't we "back off" of him a couple weeks before signing day? Maybe Kurt Anderson can work some magic this time around
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

jjdlc

Quote from: Polecat on June 02, 2016, 01:20:55 pm
Any chance on Hudson? Didn't we "back off" of him a couple weeks before signing day? Maybe Kurt Anderson can work some magic this time around

He was supposed to come in for a visit, he was one of those super secret types.  He cancelled a few days before, and someone did report that we backed off, I can't remember if it was Otis, RD, or one of the others.  I believe the speculation was that we saw him as more of a guard and we needed tackles.  Pitman didn't really do much to reel anyone in towards the end, so who knows. 

That's the thing though, Pittman was his primary recruiter, so I don't know how much of a relationship we still have with him.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: jjdlc on June 02, 2016, 02:50:04 pm
He was supposed to come in for a visit, he was one of those super secret types.  He cancelled a few days before, and someone did report that we backed off, I can't remember if it was Otis, RD, or one of the others.  I believe the speculation was that we saw him as more of a guard and we needed tackles.  Pitman didn't really do much to reel anyone in towards the end, so who knows. 

That's the thing though, Pittman was his primary recruiter, so I don't know how much of a relationship we still have with him.
maybe an hour or two
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

HogBreath

Quote from: Wildhog on June 02, 2016, 01:19:05 pm
I'll take the RB, OG, OT, and CB.

kthx
Take 'em all..let Coach Bielema sort them out.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

HogNDas

Quote from: HogBreath on June 02, 2016, 04:24:33 pm
Take 'em all..let Coach Bielema sort them out.
I don't think the boat will hold them all, but I believe we can hold a good many....

Dropkick

This is gonna turn out worse than an April Fools motorcycle wreck for their football program.

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

redleg

It would be great to get Hudson and Cobb. Both were highly rated, both are at positions of need, and both considered Arkansas at some point. One of those receivers would be nice too, like Atkinson or one of the Duverney boys.
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Vantage 8 dude

As I said on another thread while Baylor may not be required to release any/all of these players, I would think in the long run it would be in their best interest. While losing this group would obviously put a huge dent in their last signing class, insisting on these kids staying is likely far worse. Imagine having this kids hanging around the team and what that would likely do for team chemistry. Never good to have poison sitting around that could possibly infect other players.

Ole Baylor really has a problem. Not only are they having to deal with all the legal issues, but having a group of recruits who don't want to be there isn't the solution. Cut your losses as short as possible and move on.

Pig in the Pokey

.."J.P. should be afforded the opportunity to go to a university that is not riddled with investigation, not labeled with sexual assault and rape," said Julian Urquidez, whose son is an offensive tackle from Copperas Cove (Texas) High School. "He should be afforded the opportunity to go to a university that is safe."

Translation: "We thought that this was Texas friggin Football and you could #FridayNightLights this away! But, no Briles, no J.P., YOU STUPID IDIOT PC-LIBS FIRED YOUR BEST EVER COACH. Enjoy that, buh-bye".
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

SRV

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 03, 2016, 02:10:43 pm
.."J.P. should be afforded the opportunity to go to a university that is not riddled with investigation, not labeled with sexual assault and rape," said Julian Urquidez, whose son is an offensive tackle from Copperas Cove (Texas) High School. "He should be afforded the opportunity to go to a university that is safe."

Translation: "We thought that this was Texas friggin Football and you could #FridayNightLights this away! But, no Briles, no J.P., YOU STUPID IDIOT PC-LIBS FIRED YOUR BEST EVER COACH. Enjoy that, buh-bye".

That does seem more likely what they were saying.
We've got entirely too many troublemakers here. Too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry.....

jackflash

I can understand all these players look around. My question will Arkansas benefit from this?

Scott7703

Muskliketusk

Quote from: bigalphahawg on June 03, 2016, 03:37:16 pm
That does seem more likely what they were saying.
Should but ain't. I know a 4 that's probably already spoken for.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.