Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6 Verbals for the Hogs This Early = New Recruiting Strategy?

Started by Hawgar The Horrible, April 07, 2016, 09:03:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgar The Horrible

Nope. Sorry HogNDas. That's just the latest trend. Prospects are getting aboard earlier these days. Not exactly sure why...gotta' ponder it. Kentucky is #10 right now based upon sheer numbers. They'll drop like a rock WAY before signing day though. And Western Michigan? Pffft.

http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

HogNDas

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on April 07, 2016, 09:03:16 pm
Nope. Sorry HogNDas. That's just the latest trend. Prospects are getting aboard earlier these days. Not exactly sure why...gotta' ponder it. Kentucky is #10 right now based upon sheer numbers. They'll drop like a rock WAY before signing day though. And Western Michigan? Pffft.

http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/CompositeTeamRankings
Wooo Hooo!  HogNDas is happy cause that is how it HAS to be done....I really don't mind saying, my idea is not at work...BUT IT IS!!!....and I am tickled to death!!!  WOO HOOOOOO!

PorkRinds

Quote from: HogNDas on April 07, 2016, 09:10:47 pm
Wooo Hooo!  HogNDas is happy cause that is how it HAS to be done....I really don't mind saying, my idea is not at work...BUT IT IS!!!....and I am tickled to death!!!  WOO HOOOOOO!

Lol.

Hawgar The Horrible

What will your response be if the Hogs sign a class comprised of 2 and 3 star players EARLY and end up ranked about 40th-50th nationally?

ricepig

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on April 07, 2016, 09:19:14 pm
What will your response be if the Hogs sign a class comprised of 2 and 3 star players EARLY and end up ranked about 40th-50th nationally?
Probably, Woo Hoo, lol......

HogNDas

Quote from: ricepig on April 07, 2016, 09:20:24 pm
GOOD QUESTION.....of course I want the BEST AVAILABLE, but trust me, YOU CAN'T WAIT to get on them!!!!  YOU HAVE TO GET ON THEM NOW!!!!!   If you don't, you wil ONLY have 3* recruits.....and that is after they get "bumped" because they were offered by an SEC school....  WE ARE NOW DOING WHAT THE BIG BOYS ARE DOING!.... and to be a BIG BOY, we have to do what the BIG BOYS are doing...this BS of "we're waiting so our recruits value our offer and we're vetting"....will NOT work.....EVEN OM is punishing us on recruiting...and they are MISSISSIPPI (49 or 50) for crying out loud!!!  I'm VERY HAPPY that CBB has figured it out and we will be a top 10 recruiting team!!!!

moses_007

So far, all we've gotten is threes, and maybe one two star player.  Has Bielema given up on getting the 4 and 5 star players?  We'll never win the SEC with 3 star players.  Book it.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: ricepig on April 07, 2016, 09:20:24 pm

Absolutely mind numbing to type A's like me. Like a Wall Street floor trader forced to care for someone with special needs.

King Kong

Quote from: moses_007 on April 07, 2016, 09:42:25 pm
So far, all we've gotten is threes, and maybe one two star player.  Has Bielema given up on getting the 4 and 5 star players?  We'll never win the SEC with 3 star players.  Book it.

Signing day is still 10 months away

PorkRinds

They all still have their senior years to play. Many of them will go up in rank as long as they have a good season.

HogNDas

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 07, 2016, 09:44:40 pm
They all still have their senior years to play. Many of them will go up in rank as long as they have a good season.
So will everyone else's recruits....just sayin'....

ricepig

Quote from: HogNDas on April 07, 2016, 09:26:41 pm
GOOD QUESTION.....of course I want the BEST AVAILABLE, but trust me, YOU CAN'T WAIT to get on them!!!!  YOU HAVE TO GET ON THEM NOW!!!!!   If you don't, you wil ONLY have 3* recruits.....and that is after they get "bumped" because they were offered by an SEC school....  WE ARE NOW DOING WHAT THE BIG BOYS ARE DOING!.... and to be a BIG BOY, we have to do what the BIG BOYS are doing...this BS of "we're waiting so our recruits value our offer and we're vetting"....will NOT work.....EVEN OM is punishing us on recruiting...and they are MISSISSIPPI (49 or 50) for crying out loud!!!  I'm VERY HAPPY that CBB has figured it out and we will be a top 10 recruiting team!!!!

So, how many more offers do we have out as compared to last year, or the year before? I'll make a bet with you, we won't end up with a top 10 class ranking, care to bet?

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: ricepig on April 07, 2016, 09:52:23 pm
So, how many more offers do we have out as compared to last year, or the year before? I'll make a bet with you, we won't end up with a top 10 class ranking, care to bet?

Obviously the "dude" (trying my best to keep to avoid getting banned) thinks it's a damn race. THE FIRST ONE TO 25 WINS!

HogNDas

Why would I make that bet?  We've never finished in the top 10, BUT I'M HOPING & PRAYING WE DO.... if we don't we will NOT finish in the top 10 in the RANKINGS..... RECRUITING RANKINGS = RANKINGS!!!!..... when we finish in the Top 10 in recruiting, I will make that bet.... You are proving my point Rice!!!  TYVM...

ricepig

Quote from: HogNDas on April 07, 2016, 09:57:07 pm
Why would I make that bet?  We've never finished in the top 10, BUT I'M HOPING & PRAYING WE DO.... if we don't we will NOT finish in the top 10 in the RANKINGS..... RECRUITING RANKINGS = RANKINGS!!!!..... when we finish in the Top 10 in recruiting, I will make that bet.... You are proving my point Rice!!!  TYVM...

We've finished numerous times in the top 10 in rankings in the past, without ever having a top 10 recruiting class, riddle me this??

HogNDas

Quote from: ricepig on April 07, 2016, 09:59:16 pm
We've finished numerous times in the top 10 in rankings in the past, without ever having a top 10 recruiting class, riddle me this??
I said, "win a NC".... not finish in the top 10, btw, WHEN did we last finish in the Top 10:  SWC days?  or CBP?   Love some CBP...I'll be the first to admit that!!   :razorback:

PorkRinds

Quote from: HogNDas on April 07, 2016, 09:47:27 pm
So will everyone else's recruits....just sayin'....

What's your point? Mine was that players who are 3 stars now will likely get a bump with a good senior season. What team they play for has little to do with it.

lumphog

hawgfan4life

You fail to understand that a school does NOT have to offer to be recruiting equally hard and be equally effective with a recruit.  Selling a recruit and his family on the program's diligence and commitment to doing things right will make just as many want an offer that much more having to wait as it will impress recruits that you offered early.  If I am a position player, and I see the school offer me and 20 others at my position a year early, I don't think I would feel very special.  It is not when you offer, it is how you recruit!

ricepig

Deep Shoat

I really hate you...
All Gas, No Brakes!

HamSammich

maybe 10 percent of Razorback fans even look at message boards. Even half of them just read and never post.

Fan is short for "FANatic"

You guys always are surprised and irritated when a true fanatic rears their head? My question is why? Without this fanatic all the other threads read as a peeing match between the same people EVERY THREAD.

The Fanatics at least give me entertainment.

HognDaz or whatever.... carry on sir.... carry on. I for one appreciate you.

Huckleberry Pig

Happy to have all 6 of these guys commit this early.  If Bielema is accepting a recruit this early you'd think these are plan A guys 

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: hawgfan4life on April 07, 2016, 10:09:53 pm
You fail to understand that a school does NOT have to offer to be recruiting equally hard and be equally effective with a recruit.  Selling a recruit and his family on the program's diligence and commitment to doing things right will make just as many want an offer that much more having to wait as it will impress recruits that you offered early.  If I am a position player, and I see the school offer me and 20 others at my position a year early, I don't think I would feel very special.  It is not when you offer, it is how you recruit!
Unfortunately trying to reason with someone who acts like a brick wall is exactly that: arguing with a brick wall (and dumb as one). Some will never change and obviously it's hopeless in trying to explain that merely offering a kid early doesn't necessarily mean you're going to have a great recruiting class. It's LANDING the right kids by doing your proper homework that will ultimately determine how successful your class is likely to be over the long term.

It's always amusing that some obviously think they have the "end-all" and total answer(s) when it comes to properly coaching and running a team. My only question is why that particular individual isn't actually in the coaching profession themselves (assuming they aren't). And if they are, how come they aren't they plying their trade on the Hill where their infinite wisdom isn't be used to bring the Hogs to eternal glory? I think these are two very legitimate questions that should be posed and answered.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HamSammich on April 07, 2016, 10:48:37 pm
maybe 10 percent of Razorback fans even look at message boards. Even half of them just read and never post.

Fan is short for "FANatic"

You guys always are surprised and irritated when a true fanatic rears their head? My question is why? Without this fanatic all the other threads read as a peeing match between the same people EVERY THREAD.

The Fanatics at least give me entertainment.

HognDaz or whatever.... carry on sir.... carry on. I for one appreciate you.
You would......go figure.

italian9005

He's probably rushing already since he never can seem to sign a full class lol

Wildhog

I do think there's been a change in strategy this year.  In previous years, guys like Fisher and Adcock would have probably been slow-played.  This year, it seems we're taking kids now that we'd end up wanting/needing later, anyway.  That's smart recruiting.

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HogNDas on April 07, 2016, 10:02:01 pm
I said, "win a NC".... not finish in the top 10, btw, WHEN did we last finish in the Top 10:  SWC days?  or CBP?   Love some CBP...I'll be the first to admit that!!   :razorback:
You would be the type that loves some CBP. Yep, pure class guy and HC there.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on April 08, 2016, 04:12:13 pm
You would be the type that loves some CBP. Yep, pure class guy and HC there.

Mods handled it. No need to poke at a sore spot. 

Hoggish1

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 08, 2016, 04:25:47 pm
Mods handled it. No need to poke at a sore spot.
Well at least from my standpoint no sore spot here. I'm over and done with him pretty much as soon as he managed to scrap himself off his wrecked Harley and ride out to town to Louisville. One should never have to continually worry or think about something that was scraped off the bottom of a shoe several years ago.

Vantage 8 dude

Hoggish1

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on April 08, 2016, 12:16:15 am
Happy to have all 6 of these guys commit this early.  If Bielema is accepting a recruit this early you'd think these are plan A guys 

Absolutely!  No throwing out offers without knowing who you want and how that kid can get it done for you.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on April 08, 2016, 04:36:38 pm
Well at least from my standpoint no sore spot here. I'm over and done with him pretty much as soon as he managed to scrap himself off his wrecked Harley and ride out to town to Louisville. One should never have to continually worry or think about something that was scraped off the bottom of a shoe several years ago.

I was talking about the poster not the coach. Sorry for the confusion.

Vantage 8 dude

wpswillriseagain

Quote from: HogNDas on April 07, 2016, 09:57:07 pm
i swear this is JLS trolling us.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: wpswillriseagain on April 09, 2016, 08:35:57 am
i swear this is JLS trolling us.
Well what's the old saying? Something like "trolls of a feather flock together"?

presidenthog

Quote from: Wildhog on April 08, 2016, 11:43:20 am
I do think there's been a change in strategy this year.  In previous years, guys like Fisher and Adcock would have probably been slow-played.  This year, it seems we're taking kids now that we'd end up wanting/needing later, anyway.  That's smart recruiting.
this. the guys we have signed seem to be kids in the past we would have tried to slow play or offer a preferred walk on spot til we missed out on other and ended up offering.

ricepig

Quote from: presidenthog on April 09, 2016, 12:00:18 pm
this. the guys we have signed seem to be kids in the past we would have tried to slow play or offer a preferred walk on spot til we missed out on other and ended up offering.

Also, we need OT'S, we still have umpteen offers out, many with lots of stars and offers. It wouldn't surprise me to take two more OT's.

HogNDas

So far, all we've gotten is threes, and quite a few two star players.  Has Bielema given up on getting the 4 and 5 star players?  We'll never win the SEC with 3 star players.  Book it.

HogNDas

.....and I'll bet you if we don't have a Top 10 class, we won't finish in the Top 10 rankings in 3 years. (when they are juniors, Rice Pig)

ricepig

Quote from: HogNDas on May 03, 2016, 04:51:34 pm
.....and I'll bet you if we don't have a Top 10 class, we won't finish in the Top 10 rankings in 3 years. (when they are juniors, Rice Pig)

Odds are definitely against it happening, so are you taking the original bet?

HogNDas

Quote from: ricepig on May 03, 2016, 05:02:57 pm
Odds are definitely against it happening, so are you taking the original bet?
Nope, I'm in agreement with you...if we don't have a top 10 class, we won't finish in top 10....plain & simple....

ricepig

Quote from: HogNDas on May 03, 2016, 05:25:58 pm
Nope, I'm in agreement with you...if we don't have a top 10 class, we won't finish in top 10....plain & simple....

Well, we, and others have done it before, so it's possible.

HogNDas

Quote from: ricepig on May 03, 2016, 05:31:40 pm
Well, we, and others have done it before, so it's possible.
agree...HOPE it happens, but don't think it can...  there is NOT a better Saturday (or M-F) coach than CBB, but I believe more games are won on the first Wednesday in FEBRUARY than ANY Sat in Oct...

Wildhog

Quote from: HogNDas on May 03, 2016, 06:40:13 pm
agree...HOPE it happens, but don't think it can... there is NOT a better Saturday (or M-F) coach than CBB, but I believe more games are won on the first Wednesday in FEBRUARY than ANY Sat in Oct...

You don't actually believe this.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

HogNDas

Quote from: Wildhog on May 04, 2016, 11:33:46 am
You don't actually believe this.
I do....look what CBB did with the talent we had last year...he has improved our record every year!..  Look what he did at Whiskey...guy can flat out COACH!... He is getting better at recruiting....whole different world recruiting in the SEC.

3kgthog

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on April 08, 2016, 12:16:15 am

Or he's taking them now because he finished terribly last recruiting season. No one wants to be left holding scholarships and hoping for graduate transfers or folks that change their mind.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: lumphog on April 07, 2016, 10:08:56 pm
BOY, there's some dumb$#!t in here

This is what Higville says when they argue a point for months and then the wind shifts.  Just stay downhill and you'll be alright.