Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HS football in Alabama v. Arkansas

Started by wildturkey8, September 27, 2011, 11:44:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

Brother how many 2a schools in Ark got a new stadium built since 2000 that seat 1500+

I just hit the teams the HS I work at plays.  Plus at our 2A we have a Full Time AD at the HS and JR High Level. We have 12 Coachs on the HS staff + a full time Trainer.
Jr High got 4 Coachs for FB. 
No body I worked with in Ark had that many at a 2A school
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

BartlettTNHOG

Could go wild with this topic, but I`m not going to, it would take at least 20 pages of text. I travel all over the south, and have the opportunity to see many, many high school football programs, facilities, coaches, administration, etc. The little state of Arkansas is a lot better off than you might think.

PorcineSublime

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 28, 2011, 09:38:48 am
Brother how many 2a schools in Ark got a new stadium built since 2000 that seat 1500+

I just hit the teams the HS I work at plays.  Plus at our 2A we have a Full Time AD at the HS and JR High Level. We have 12 Coachs on the HS staff + a full time Trainer.
Jr High got 4 Coachs for FB. 
No body I worked with in Ark had that many at a 2A school
Remember you are comparing apples to oranges. Based on the size of the student body, most all of the 4A schools in AR would be 2A in TX.  Not trying to bust you chops, I was actually just picking at you a little. No doubt that TX has the biggest and best at most things, especially in FB.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: BartlettTNHOG on September 28, 2011, 09:41:19 am
Could go wild with this topic, but I`m not going to, it would take at least 20 pages of text. I travel all over the south, and have the opportunity to see many, many high school football programs, facilities, coaches, administration, etc. The little state of Arkansas is a lot better off than you might think.
I agree, but this is all about Arkansas not being complacent.  We need to do everything at higher levels.