Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does this convince anyone?

Started by jnhogs, November 20, 2017, 02:02:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

311Hog

so we goin win the burbon bowl !?

cj_sez

Well.... I have NO faith in what he has built. It is more like "torn down" and I have absolutely no doubt that if he is retained the only expectation we could have would be more losses. As for his "exciting time" comment, yep, waiting to see who replaces him is exciting.

RexMentor

The death row inmate orders his meal one hour before his midnight date with a needle: Eggs over easy, hash browns, ham and a short stack. Please serve it at 7 a.m. That's what's happening here.

jgphillips3

He has built a perennial doormat.  The wins he is talking about coming must be for the other team.

007 License To Squeal

If BB returns, there will be a backlash like no BOT member has ever seen........believe me......
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

moses_007

Really an exciting time... yeah, right.  So exciting many of us don't care if we watch the Hogs play or not.

This guy is a bull-shitter if I've ever heard one.

rhog1

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on November 20, 2017, 02:57:27 pm
If BB returns, there will be a backlash like no BOT member has ever seen........believe me......
We may not agree on who we want for coach, But I think everyone agrees with this. No way they can keep him. There would be calls for the AD to be fired day one if he doesn't fire Bret.

moses_007

Ticket sales would drop to the lowest level in the history of the program if Bielema returns for 2018.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: moses_007 on November 20, 2017, 03:03:07 pm
Ticket sales would drop to the lowest level in the history of the program if Bielema returns for 2018.

and banners.....oh what glorious banners will wave in the sky....I think the PTB know better than to leave BB here...

cjack

I'm not convinced he's leaving, and in no way do I want him to stay.  I saw enough when he went winless in conference year one.  The longer we go without an announcement the more nervous I get. 
Woooo Pig Soooie!

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: cjack on November 20, 2017, 03:07:19 pm
I'm not convinced he's leaving, and in no way do I want him to stay.  I saw enough when he went winless in conference year one.  The longer we go without an announcement the more nervous I get. 

Rest easy.  The PTB are acting completely behind the scene for the sake of the players......It will all be revealed in a few short days.

Hog_Fink

I dont people would even wave banners.. maybe a white flag. 100% apathetic about hog football til bielema is gone.

it might be different if we actually had an identity and competed, but this is an absolute dumpster fire

cjack

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on November 20, 2017, 03:09:08 pm
Rest easy.  The PTB are acting completely behind the scene for the sake of the players......It will all be revealed in a few short days.

I think you're right and I can't see any reasonable argument to keep him.  Silence makes me nervous. 
Woooo Pig Soooie!

phadedhawg

Bielema is a positive guy, that's his M.O.  He's just worrying about branding when he talks that way.  He knows he has nothing to offer Arkansas at this point in his career.

MJ2

11-29 in the SEC explains everything.

Pigsknuckles

Those of us who answered the call deserve an answer soon.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

SquidBilly

Certainly seems that Bielema has not been told his fate otherwise why campaign for another year.  That does not make me happy.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: RexMentor on November 20, 2017, 02:40:28 pm
The death row inmate orders his meal one hour before his midnight date with a needle: Eggs over easy, hash browns, ham and a short stack. Please serve it at 7 a.m. That's what's happening here.

Excellent analogy.!!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

moses_007

Sed76

Sad thing is he probably really believes next year would be better. Screw the fact everyone but him can see what a failure the past 5 years have been.

CareBear

Quote from: moses_007 on November 20, 2017, 03:00:24 pm
Really an exciting time... yeah, right.  So exciting many of us don't care if we watch the Hogs play or not.

You are correct sir!
You cannot bull a bullshitter...
I'm a bullshitter. Not a liar, but a bullshitter for sure. My gut was screaming at me when I heard about the love letter...
"Danger! Will Robinson... Danger!!!"
-Robot from Lost in Space 🤖

farmhawg

Quote from: moses_007 on November 20, 2017, 03:00:24 pm

This
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

ballz2thewall

i don't want to watch it or read it.

i just want the judge to sign the decree.
The rest of the frog.

grayhawg

Quote from: Bret Squealema on November 20, 2017, 03:23:30 pm
Certainly seems that Bielema has not been told his fate otherwise why campaign for another year.  That does not make me happy.
Sounds to me like he knows and pleading his case to the media.

sickboy

I guess I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say, what is he supposed to say in these situations? I suck and you should fire me? I don't know. I guess I don't even really get the point of press conferences in general. They're just regurgitated coach speak most of the time and could really just take the few informative facts you get get from them and bullet points it so I could scan through in a second or two and get my facts.

Press Conferences are like those shows my wife watches about Real Housewives in Beverly Hills or New York. There's the show... then they do these stupid shows about the shows, where they just talk about all the stuff you saw in the show. I'm constantly asking my wife, "But didn't you watch the show? Why do you need to hear these cackling hens make comments on their own comments?" It's just fluff for die hard fans.

Jeter_1

_Hamlet_

Quote from: grayhawg on November 20, 2017, 04:59:23 pm
Sounds to me like he knows and pleading his case to the media.

I think I would be ready to take the 4.5 million buyout and just call it quits.

hawgon

What you are seeing is the spiel that Bert and Long had worked up between them to sell to the rubes.  Of course, Long is gone now and the rubes are outside the gates with the tar and feathers and are decidedly not in a mood to buy any more snake oil.

rude1

Wonder does he understand how ridiculous that all sounds in light of his past colossal failures?

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

phadedhawg

He admitted he needed to win more games but like others have said, what is really supposed to say at this time?

TexasHog

November 20, 2017, 05:25:40 pm #32 Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 05:36:34 pm by TexasHog
Arkansas coach Bret Bielema states case for another season with Razorbacks
https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-coach-bret-bielema-razorbacks

Only reply I got is

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Arkansas Fan

Has no one really told him he's gone after this game on Friday?

B Ray

Reminds me of a speech about Fitty years

Jek Tono Porkins

Saw a quote from another site. Bielema said, "There's already going to be so much transition in our league, which I think is a positive to stay constant. I know we want more wins, I want more wins, but the wins will come." Well, it's not a positive to be constantly bad. Constantly not being able to run the ball. Constantly blowing second-half leads in epic fashion.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

DLUXHOG

Next year....  CBB will go undefeated at Arkansas....  and we'll all be eating a huge amount of crow...
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

The Hawg Marshal

I'm sure he does. But it's time to move on for all of us.

HogFansReunited

This is like the movie Office Space where no one told Milton he was fired.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

SchrodingersHog

CBB knows he will be fired.  He is laying the groundwork to take credit for whatever success the next Arkansas coach experiences.  He knows he might have a hard time finding another P5 head coaching job for next year.  This is just a talking point his agent can use to sell him to the next poor school.

hawgon

Well, he is a nice guy.  Give him another year.

wachhog

Quote from: DLUXHOG on November 20, 2017, 05:46:52 pm
Next year....  CBB will go undefeated at Arkansas....  and we'll all be eating a huge amount of crow...
Sounds like you've been eating a huge amount of brownies laced with weed.

Hollywood870

Quote from: HogFansReunited on November 20, 2017, 05:49:12 pm
This is like the movie Office Space where no one told Milton he was fired.
lol

hawg1221

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on November 20, 2017, 05:32:13 pm
Has no one really told him he's gone after this game on Friday?

Surely he has a pretty good idea what the future holds. He talks like he believes there's a really good chance he could be back.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: wachhog on November 20, 2017, 05:49:59 pm

Sounds like you've been eating a huge amount of brownies laced with weed.

No, but after HDN and CBP (who I actually loved for a minute or two) debacles, I seriously think CBB is the right man for the job.....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Calling All Hogs

Sure. All you had to do was ask Bert. Have another year. I thought since the wins weren't coming after five years that they weren't coming at all. But now that you have assured us wins are a coming, we'd be a dang fool to change coaches now.

jgphillips3

In all reality though...what is he supposed to say?  I mean, yeah, it would be nice to hear him own the failures but few do.

Pecos Hog

Quote from: Sed76 on November 20, 2017, 03:29:38 pm
Sad thing is he probably really believes next year would be better. Screw the fact everyone but him can see what a failure the past 5 years have been.

He probably could do better.  Say 5-7?  It's not too hard to do better than 4-8.