Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The New AD is a done deal

Started by Porked Tongue, November 16, 2017, 05:21:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 20, 2017, 02:37:44 pm
There is a justifiable reason for waiting, even if the new AD is known.

True, Norvell will be coaching on Dec 2nd.

247Hog

If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

cjack

Quote from: ricepig on November 20, 2017, 03:30:06 pm

If you really think that, I'd love it. 
Woooo Pig Soooie!

HoggyCat

I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

dmaxfan

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 20, 2017, 02:46:13 pm
Though it might not be announced today, the same person is still going to get hired.

Please stop speaking vague. Had this thread been posted by anyone other than a mod, the op would have been slammed by most of hogville including moderators. Say the name or chapter 13 this thread.
No, you don't have any sources and no one believes you.

jgphillips3

Other than this thread saying it would be today, did anyone really think it would be that quick?  I figured the "Bielema is out" announcement would happen this weekend or by the following Monday, then the AD probably between November 27th to December 2nd, then the confirmation that Coach X had taken the job later between December 3rd to December 9th.  True, I have nothing but supposition to base that on, but it would seem like a reasonable and measured timetable and would have the announcements in the appropriate order.  Also, it let's our interim AD accept Bielema's resignation (or fire him) and the new AD has "clean" hands.

jcbville

Quote from: dmaxfan on November 20, 2017, 03:39:29 pm
Please stop speaking vague. Had this thread been posted by anyone other than a mod, the op would have been slammed by most of hogville including moderators. Say the name or chapter 13 this thread.

moses_007

How about Bill and Hillary Clinton as co-AD's.  Bill could be over the men.... Hillary over the women......  first man-woman AD team in the history of college athletics.........

HF#1

Right! Be a hero or a zero.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

buldozer

Quote from: moses_007 on November 20, 2017, 03:56:20 pm
How about Bill and Hillary Clinton as co-AD's.  Bill could be over the men.... Hillary over the women......  first man-woman AD team in the history of college athletics.........
Won't work. The last AD was fired in part due to a losing FB program.... No more losers!

hogfansince79

Quote from: ricepig on November 20, 2017, 03:30:06 pm

Yep... it went right over their heads.  lol
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." — George Carlin

Kenny Hawgins

Coaches could recruit players and Bill could recruit the moms.
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

Porked Tongue

There is no vagueness to the initial post. Only what you read into it.

They know who they are going to hire.  I didn't promise Monday(today)in the opening thread.  I did thin it was more than possible though.

The PTB have seemingly chosen to delay and work a different timeline than it previously appeared.  These are uncharted waters for UA athletics.  If they've decided to not jump the shark so fast, that's no big deal. 

College athletics is a wild scene.  All kinds of jockeying on the head coach searches but don't confuse the AD hire with that cess pool.

I'm holding firm that there are people who already know who it's going to be and the rest is window dressing. 

HF#1

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 20, 2017, 04:19:43 pm

They know who they are going to hire.  I didn't promise Monday(today)in the opening thread.  I did thin it was more than possible though.

The PTB have seemingly chosen to delay and work a different timeline than it previously appeared.  These are uncharted waters for UA athletics.  If they've decided to not jump the shark so fast, that's no big deal. 

College athletics is a wild scene.  All kinds of jockeying on the head coach searches but don't confuse the AD hire with that cess pool.

I'm holding firm that there people who already know who it's going to be and the rest is window dressing. 

So it is Scanlon?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

HF#1

HoggieStyle

HF#1

The_Bionic_Pig

As long as they have both AD & Coach lined up then the time frame means squat because we're not scrambling.

We do have a little over 8 weeks until National Signing Day so another week or 2 shouldn't effect the class to much.

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

ricepig

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on November 20, 2017, 04:59:46 pm
As long as they have both AD & Coach lined up then the time frame means squat because we're not scrambling.

We do have a little over 8 weeks until National Signing Day so another week or 2 shouldn't effect the class to much.

Early signing period starts Dec 20th , we had planned on all of our early commits signing then.

drizzle

I think historically Bill has been all over the women, actually.

Tusks

I don't know which one the coeds should fear the most.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

dmaxfan

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 20, 2017, 04:19:43 pm

I'm holding firm that there are people who already know who it's going to be and the rest is window dressing.

No vagueness? Name the next AD then. Please. I'll wait.

BOAR_N2BWILD

Here it is, Monday. Did I miss the done deal announcement?
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

WilsonHog

November 20, 2017, 06:21:09 pm #574 Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 06:36:49 pm by Arkansas Traveler
Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on November 20, 2017, 06:02:05 pm

I believe the OP said, "Likely announced as early as Monday."

That has a totally different meaning than "Likely announced Monday."

Both have a different connotation than "Announced Monday," which he in no way said.

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on November 20, 2017, 06:02:05 pm

After that post the OP clarified that the situation had changed.

Kevin

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on November 20, 2017, 04:59:46 pm

early signing period in decenber
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

WilsonHog

You want the thread to file bankruptcy?

CDBHawg

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 20, 2017, 02:46:13 pm
Though it might not be announced today, the same person is still going to get hired.

Who?

CDBHawg

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 20, 2017, 06:21:09 pm
I believe the OP said, "Likely announced as early as Monday."

That has a totally different meaning than "Likely announced Monday."

Both have a different connotation than "Announced Monday," which he in no way said.

or it could be as early as Tuesday, or Wednesday, or Thursday, etc...

HawgPound

http://www.arkansasmatters.com/news/local-news/ua-board-member-expect-bielema-gone-in-week-or-so/860815410?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

QuoteWhen it comes to the position of athletic director, the board member said the names being tossed around at this point are simply rumors.

He added the folks involved in search committees haven't really started the process.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: JimDandy on November 20, 2017, 06:25:30 pm
After that post the OP clarified that the situation had changed.
Inside knowledge stated as fact will always be "fluid."

Oklahawg

Quote from: Birminghog on November 20, 2017, 07:07:26 pm
That's easy. If they're teenagers, Trump or Roy Moore.

Boom! In the spirit of Jeff Long we were led to believe it was a Clinton but NO!!!
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

31to6

Quote from: MAGA45 on November 20, 2017, 02:45:00 pm
Grude afternoon everybody, pay attention to the tie tonight on MNF.   #sources #grumors
The tie is razorback Nike red!!!

livevanguy

Quote from: rljjr on November 20, 2017, 03:09:41 pm
I guess I don't know who Scott Varady is. I thought he was just a lawyer. Seems to me that's not the kind of guy you want running your athletic department. But hey, I'm a simple Razorback grad, what do I know?
I don't understand these Varaday ideas either. He is lead council for the U of A and doesn't seem to have the experience to be an AD. Having him as an AD would be like asking him to operate on a hernia. Being smart doesn't make you cut out to be a doctor...or AD.
Call'n the hogs from the Pacific Northwest

ricepig

Quote from: livevanguy on November 20, 2017, 07:21:17 pm
I don't understand these Varaday ideas either. He is lead council for the U of A and doesn't seem to have the experience to be an AD. Having him as an AD would be like asking him to operate on a hernia. Being smart doesn't make you cut out to be a doctor...or AD.

He's been Executive Director of the RF for awhile.

factchecker

People are wanting Nutt and Tommy Tuberville as AD.

Varady is infinitely more qualified than either of those idiots.  He is an alumnus of The University of Arkansas and has experience working with the university.

Also, Varady has experience working with the athletic department via the RF.  You know he is the executive director of the Razorback Foundation...... right?

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Cave City Joe

So after 12 pages of this thread, nobody know $hit
"When you're part of a team, you stand up for your teammates. Your loyalty is to them. You protect them through good and bad, because they'd do the same for you."  <br />Yogi Berra

cjack

Woooo Pig Soooie!

Martygit

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 20, 2017, 03:30:00 pm
I understand that Arkansas fans want to know who our new AD is going to be, but we don't "need" to know.

The only person who needs to know in the coming weeks is the agent(s) of the coaches we are talking to. We likely won't announce Bielema's departure for another five to seven days, at the earliest. We're not going to do that one day and announce our new coach the next. If Norvell is the guy, he can't be announced until the week of December 4th.

Let Bielema and the team get through Senior Day and finish the season on Friday, then if it looks like Bret doesn't have another job lined up Cromer-Peoples can make the announcement of a change by the middle or end of next week. When the negotiation with his successor proceeds far enough, let that coach know who the next AD is going to be just to give them a comfort level about who they will be working for. Announce the next AD by mid-December, with a start date of January 1. Gives Cromer-Peoples a few weeks in the AD's chair and allows our next AD to celebrate the Holidays without jumping into the job with both feet.

^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^
RIP OTR, REV

TebowHater

Quote from: factchecker on November 20, 2017, 07:29:59 pm
People are wanting Nutt and Tommy Tuberville as AD.

Varady is infinitely more qualified than either of those idiots.  He is an alumnus of The University of Arkansas and has experience working with the university.

Also, Varady has experience working with the athletic department via the RF.  You know he is the executive director of the Razorback Foundation...... right?

More than just the RF, he worked as the attorney for athletics for 20 years. He was basically Associate AD and Legal Counsel for the athletic department, handling everything from NCAA compliance to lawsuits. He just also handled other UA matters, too.

I also just Googled and he has given talks at national meetings on Intercollegiate Athletics and Sports Law. He knows athletics.

http://www.nacua.org/program-events/previous-programs/previous-annual-conference-programs/2014-annual-conference/program-schedule/full-schedule

factchecker

Quote from: TebowHater on November 20, 2017, 07:42:13 pm
More than just the RF, he worked as the attorney for athletics for 20 years. He was basically Associate AD and Legal Counsel for the athletic department, handling everything from NCAA compliance to lawsuits. He just also handled other UA matters, too.

I also just Googled and he has given talks at national meetings on Intercollegiate Athletics and Sports Law. He knows athletics.

http://www.nacua.org/program-events/previous-programs/previous-annual-conference-programs/2014-annual-conference/program-schedule/full-schedule

but.... but..... Did he give a nice speech at the LR Touchdown Club?  Is he a "suthern boy dat understandz da common fan"?

I'm sorry but Clay Travis ranked us way too low if our fans want Tommy T as our AD.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

SPAL

What kind of hernia? A laparoscopic inguinal hernia is challenging. But maybe he likes a challenge. Or maybe he prefers to do things the old fashioned way. Maybe we don't need a hernioplasty....maybe the support is already solid and we can just use some metzenbaum scissors and some debakeys and cut out the sac. No need for mesh. It's all about support.

I guess you just don't know till you're in there.

dmaxfan

Wow. Someone deleted my firsthand info😂😂😂😂😁

Hogtimes

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 20, 2017, 03:30:00 pm
I understand that Arkansas fans want to know who our new AD is going to be, but we don't "need" to know.

The only person who needs to know in the coming weeks is the agent(s) of the coaches we are talking to. We likely won't announce Bielema's departure for another five to seven days, at the earliest. We're not going to do that one day and announce our new coach the next. If Norvell is the guy, he can't be announced until the week of December 4th.

Let Bielema and the team get through Senior Day and finish the season on Friday, then if it looks like Bret doesn't have another job lined up Cromer-Peoples can make the announcement of a change by the middle or end of next week. When the negotiation with his successor proceeds far enough, let that coach know who the next AD is going to be just to give them a comfort level about who they will be working for. Announce the next AD by mid-December, with a start date of January 1. Gives Cromer-Peoples a few weeks in the AD's chair and allows our next AD to celebrate the Holidays without jumping into the job with both feet.

then we completely miss the new mid-December signing dates

WilsonHog

Quote from: dmaxfan on November 20, 2017, 08:22:51 pm

I did. It pisses me off when a quality poster tries to bring what information he can to the board, and someone like you who has never brought a damn thing pisses on it.

Should you desire to continue, there are plenty more deletions where that last one came from.

CDBHawg

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 20, 2017, 08:37:30 pm
I did. It pisses me off when a quality poster tries to bring what information he can to the board, and someone like you who has never brought a damn thing pisses on it.

Should you desire to continue, there are plenty more deletions where that last one came from.

It goes both ways. Why bring the "news" and say it's a done deal without a name? Why say it'll be announced as early as Monday, then say the time frame changed? People are going to want to know who it is. It's part of being a fan.

And if it really made you mad, well...there are more serious things in life to get mad about.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: dmaxfan on November 20, 2017, 08:22:51 pm

You should have thought before you posted this....

Don't call out mods on the board.

I am telling you first hand, let it ride...this is not the mountain you wish to crawl up.

PRJ

WilsonHog

Quote from: CDBHawg on November 20, 2017, 08:48:11 pm
It goes both ways. Why bring the "news" and say it's a done deal without a name? Why say it'll be announced as early as Monday, then say the time frame changed? People are going to want to know who it is. It's part of being a fan.

And if it really made you mad, well...there are more serious things in life to get mad about.

Part of being an unreasonable fan.

dmaxfan

Didn't know your personal opinion was in the rules. I just want to know the name the cryptic nostradamous posts from everyone claiming to have inside info is just old. I don't really know the guy, but I'm thinking someone gave him some bad info.

As for my contribution, i read a lot more than I post. If only others did the same.