Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bo is hopeless

Started by hawgon, November 16, 2017, 03:43:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: hawgon on November 20, 2017, 07:44:16 am
That is what I've been saying about those suites, until the money is in hand, they are not "sold".  People can and will back out of their commitments if the product in the field is so bad as to make them not want to attend the games.

The existing suites aren't sold for next year, are they? We've had years before, correct? I guess some people value a commitment more than you do.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: ricepig on November 17, 2017, 10:30:39 pm
I know nothing about bond issues, but I can read!

What your reading is not the problem, it's just a plan on paper.  There are other things connected to that plan that have become a problem.  You can read the contracts, bond issue etc all you want but when people start threatening to back out of agreements (something that is not in your reading material) and people start notifying the athletic department that they want renew, falling attendance, concessions,  memorabilia,  money becomes a big issue.  That's money needed to pay off the expansion. 

Dominicanhog

Quote from: ricepig on November 20, 2017, 08:03:14 am

As to the suites and loge boxes, I don't doubt on the % of money received. The existing 134 suites aren't all paid for next year either, haha.

Nothing like a new coach to create a buzz..a ray of hope in the future... though,  several bad seasons in a row has to have a negative monetary effect, even if for the short term..

We're far from "out over our ski's" financially, but so far, the expansion didn't sync with the on field results.. maybe it starts next year...

ricepig

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 20, 2017, 08:12:39 am
What your reading is not the problem, it's just a plan on paper.  There are other things connected to that plan that have become a problem.  You can read the contracts, bond issue etc all you want but when people start threatening to back out of agreements (something that is not in your reading material) and people start notifying the athletic department that they want renew, falling attendance, concessions,  memorabilia,  money becomes a big issue.  That's money needed to pay off the expansion. 

You don't think they are addressing that? That still has absolutely nothing to do with construction funds tied up to suite sales. The bonds were issued in 2016, fact.

ricepig

Quote from: Dominicanhog on November 20, 2017, 08:13:43 am
Nothing like a new coach to create a buzz..a ray of hope in the future... though,  several bad seasons in a row has to have a negative monetary effect, even if for the short term..

We're far from "out over our ski's" financially, but so far, the expansion didn't sync with the on field results.. maybe it starts next year...

RF went from $52m to $74m in assets from fiscal 2015 to fiscal 2016. I guess we'll see next June what the numbers are. I have no doubt that this year's football performance has cost money.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: ricepig on November 20, 2017, 08:27:23 am
RF went from $52m to $74m in assets from fiscal 2015 to fiscal 2016. I guess we'll see next June what the numbers are. I have no doubt that this year's football performance has cost money.

We've not seen decreased attendance until now, shouldn't be too bad ..... and it looks like they're trying to make sure it doesn't happen going forward........ the RF must have their assets in the market..ha

ricepig

Quote from: Dominicanhog on November 20, 2017, 08:41:07 am
We've not seen decreased attendance until now, shouldn't be too bad ..... and it looks like they're trying to make sure it doesn't happen going forward........ the RF must have their assets in the market..ha

They got a good chunk of the Founder's Suites money up front, and $12m of those assets are the 250 acres Jerry bought and donated and the old Clarion Hotel site on MLK and 49 that was donated.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: ricepig on November 20, 2017, 08:24:04 am
You don't think they are addressing that? That still has absolutely nothing to do with construction funds tied up to suite sales. The bonds were issued in 2016, fact.

Water under the bridge(2016), they were worried about the coming flood.  Irwin might or might not have explained it right but it(Longs Firing) absolutely is tied up with suite sales as well as everything else I mentioned.  Your arguing semantics while the subject all along is why they fired Long.

And by the way it's looking more and more like my cousin was right.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Mike Irwin on November 20, 2017, 07:38:15 am
First of all I wasn't making a statement. I passed it along as something I was told. In the space of the last three days I've been told by someone inside the athletic department that those suites have all been sold and by someone who says when the BOT asked to see paperwork on the suites it was clear that money had been deposited on only about half. The rest were "sold" on the basis of a promise of payment. I don't know if any of this is accurate either. Both people I talked to are generally good sources. 

I'm fairly certain in saying that the BOT is very concerned with the level of debt incurred by the athletic department over the past few years. When Frank started a project he generally had about half of it already paid for. I'm told that Long relied less on donations with more bond money involved.
You made a series of statements on Mattingly's show including:  the 80% of seats sold comment; people working nights and weekends running up the cost of the project; can't pay the contractor because the bonds can't be issued.  Every single statement you made about the expansion project and bonds were wrong.  And inflammatory.  With the intent of painting Long as doing something inappropriate.

31to6

Quote from: Mike Irwin on November 20, 2017, 07:38:15 am
First of all I wasn't making a statement. I passed it along as something I was told. In the space of the last three days I've been told by someone inside the athletic department that those suites have all been sold and by someone who says when the BOT asked to see paperwork on the suites it was clear that money had been deposited on only about half. The rest were "sold" on the basis of a promise of payment. I don't know if any of this is accurate either. Both people I talked to are generally good sources. 

I'm fairly certain in saying that the BOT is very concerned with the level of debt incurred by the athletic department over the past few years. When Frank started a project he generally had about half of it already paid for. I'm told that Long relied less on donations with more bond money involved.
I appreciate the nuanced difference between "This is a fact" and "A reliable source told me in confidence that this is a fact and I have confirmed that with at least one other reliable source".

However I am not sure everyone parses what they hear quite as carefully.

hawgon

We are one vote in Congress from having a massive debt that we can't pay.

ricepig

Quote from: hawgon on November 20, 2017, 09:25:33 am

As is the majority of college sports.

hawgon

Quote from: ricepig on November 20, 2017, 09:26:58 am
As is the majority of college sports.

Not really.  It will be worse for some than others and our recent expansions puts us in the "worse for some" category.

ricepig

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 20, 2017, 08:59:23 am
Water under the bridge(2016), they were worried about the coming flood.  Irwin might or might not have explained it right but it(Longs Firing) absolutely is tied up with suite sales as well as everything else I mentioned.  Your arguing semantics while the subject all along is why they fired Long.

And by the way it's looking more and more like my cousin was right.

Ok, lol. No, Long was fired because he couldn't/wouldn't play ball with big money, that's come out numerous places, including his own emails. Show me a modicum of proof that suites is the reason for his firing.

31to6

November 20, 2017, 10:05:18 am #214 Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 02:11:00 pm by 31to6
Hyperbole much? We have had a massive debt we can't pay for 30+ years.

edit: sorry.. misinterpreted your post as referring to the national debt...

hoghiker

MAGA- Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

ricepig

Quote from: 31to6 on November 20, 2017, 10:05:18 am
Hyperbole much? We have had a massive debt we can't pay for 30+ years.

Well, I do think the change in the tax code disallowing for deductions on 80% of the cost of suites and such would cause a major problem, but I don't see it surviving a joint conference bill.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: ricepig on November 20, 2017, 09:30:34 am
Ok, lol. No, Long was fired because he couldn't/wouldn't play ball with big money, that's come out numerous places, including his own emails. Show me a modicum of proof that suites is the reason for his firing.

Show it's not, I said it's all tied together and I think your a little to impressed with big money.  Sure they have a say and nothing moves without them but they don't move just because their cigar didn't burn properly. 

Tell you what, give us the one reason or a list of reasons.  If he does didn't play ball...whats that mean anyway?  It means the same things we normal fans complain about.  Were all football fans and we want to win, were all the same, big money doesn't change that.

ricepig

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 20, 2017, 10:58:34 am
Show it's not, I said it's all tied together and I think your a little to impressed with big money.  Sure they have a say and nothing moves without them but they don't move just because their cigar didn't burn properly. 

Tell you what, give us the one reason or a list of reasons.  If he does didn't play ball...whats that mean anyway?  It means the same things we normal fans complain about.  Were all football fans and we want to win, were all the same, big money doesn't change that.

A former board member asked for a vote of no confidence in 2012, you think coming off that 21-5 run that Long didn't have some "goodwill" Mike already alluded to a booster who had his parking spot moved that is now a BOT member, I think it's  been well documented that he didn't play nice with them, and when the losing started to pile up this year, they pounced.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: ricepig on November 20, 2017, 11:07:21 am
A former board member asked for a vote of no confidence in 2012, you think coming off that 21-5 run that Long didn't have some "goodwill" Mike already alluded to a booster who had his parking spot moved that is now a BOT member, I think it's  been well documented that he didn't play nice with them, and when the losing started to pile up this year, they pounced.

So good back and read my first post in this thread.  In the end they can pounce because of losing.  It's the same reason normal fans are pouncing.  Whatever smoke is in Longs dealings we will likely never know the details.  Or if we do we still won't know how much spin there is.

ricepig

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 20, 2017, 11:13:12 am
So good back and read my first post in this thread.  In the end they can pounce because of losing.  It's the same reason normal fans are pouncing.  Whatever smoke is in Longs dealings we will likely never know the details.  Or if we do we still won't know how much spin there is.

Assuming there are any dealings. If calling commitment a bit being donations, than about half of all donations would be bogus in layman's terms. Founder's Suite were given 5 years to make their $3m donation to secure a suite for 10 years. NEZ suites are 7 year "commitments". The Loge boxes were done as 1-3 year commitments, again commitments.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: ricepig on November 20, 2017, 11:23:18 am
Assuming there are any dealings. If calling commitment a bit being donations, than about half of all donations would be bogus in layman's terms. Founder's Suite were given 5 years to make their $3m donation to secure a suite for 10 years. NEZ suites are 7 year "commitments". The Loge boxes were done as 1-3 year commitments, again commitments.

Right commitments not contracts.  Do you or do you not believe(dispite no proof)that some strong arm tactics were employed concerning those commitments?

Tony Perkis

The thread has gotten a little derailed, but listen to JB in the mornings if you want some positive takes on the situation. Much more enjoyable than Bo. Doesn't belittle callers, has no agenda...complete opposite of whiney Bo.

hawgon

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 20, 2017, 11:36:36 am
Right commitments not contracts.  Do you or do you not believe(dispite no proof)that some strong arm tactics were employed concerning those commitments?

If people had told BOT members that they were going to back out of their commitments if Bert was here next year, and Long would not fire him, then Long had to go.

311Hog

Quote from: ricepig on November 20, 2017, 10:37:50 am
Well, I do think the change in the tax code disallowing for deductions on 80% of the cost of suites and such would cause a major problem, but I don't see it surviving a joint conference bill.

will also make fringe benefits taxable income which will crush basically anyone working at the uofa.

ricepig

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 20, 2017, 11:36:36 am

I have no way of knowing that. I tend to believe what I can see or read from the responsible parties. I would hope the BOT would do the same.

31to6

Quote from: ricepig on November 20, 2017, 10:37:50 am
I see the connection now. I thought hawgon was referring to the national debt.

ricepig

Quote from: 31to6 on November 20, 2017, 02:10:28 pm
I see the connection now. I thought hawgon was referring to the national debt.

What debt???

31to6

Steelhawg

"All things good or bad will come to an end. Except time."Roger Waters

Mike Irwin

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on November 20, 2017, 09:06:01 am
You made a series of statements on Mattingly's show including:  the 80% of seats sold comment; people working nights and weekends running up the cost of the project; can't pay the contractor because the bonds can't be issued.  Every single statement you made about the expansion project and bonds were wrong.  And inflammatory.  With the intent of painting Long as doing something inappropriate.
Again they were not statements. I was passing along what was being said by people who admittedly wanted Long gone. I said at several points that I had no idea if this was true.

Bo wanted to know, why did Long get fired? I told him that I did not feel comfortable discussing most of the reasons I'd been given because they were too controversial to be mentioned without proof. The NEZ stuff, which was all I discussed, was tame by comparison.

I'm fairly sure that Jeff Long knows what these people are claiming. It came up in the discussions that lead to his dismissal. I am told that the BOT did it's own investigation of these issues. If they believed there was nothing to it I seriously doubt that he would have been fired.

As for me trying to make Long look bad that's incorrect. I have no reason to do that. I did an extensive report on his tenure at Arkansas and 99% of it was positive. Many times on the radio over the past several years I have defended him against complaints from callers that he was a bad AD.

Again some of you don't seem to understand what a radio talk show is about. You don't sit there and say, I can't talk about this because it's not been confirmed. You say, these people say this. Other people say that.

When you offer an opinion you make it clear that it's an opinion. If you have any facts to contribute that's great but often you do not. But again on the matter being discussed I did not offer an opinion.

Sweet Feet

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Mike Irwin on November 20, 2017, 10:23:13 pm
Again they were not statements. I was passing along what was being said by people who admittedly wanted Long gone. I said at several points that I had no idea if this was true.

Bo wanted to know, why did Long get fired? I told him that I did not feel comfortable discussing most of the reasons I'd been given because they were too controversial to be mentioned without proof. The NEZ stuff, which was all I discussed, was tame by comparison.

I'm fairly sure that Jeff Long knows what these people are claiming. It came up in the discussions that lead to his dismissal. I am told that the BOT did it's own investigation of these issues. If they believed there was nothing to it I seriously doubt that he would have been fired.

As for me trying to make Long look bad that's incorrect. I have no reason to do that. I did an extensive report on his tenure at Arkansas and 99% of it was positive. Many times on the radio over the past several years I have defended him against complaints from callers that he was a bad AD.

Again some of you don't seem to understand what a radio talk show is about. You don't sit there and say, I can't talk about this because it's not been confirmed. You say, these people say this. Other people say that.

When you offer an opinion you make it clear that it's an opinion. If you have any facts to contribute that's great but often you do not. But again on the matter being discussed I did not offer an opinion.
So a radio talk show is all about spreading stories that are 100% inaccurate and could have been have been clarified in a five minute phone call? What you offered were not opinions.  They were very specific statements about the project and the bonds.  And they were all BS. 

hogsanity

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on November 21, 2017, 11:12:08 am
So a radio talk show is all about spreading stories that are 100% inaccurate and could have been have been clarified in a five minute phone call? What you offered were not opinions.  They were very specific statements about the project and the bonds.  And they were all BS. 

Actually a radio show is about getting listeners, period. In Arkansas ( and maybe everywhere ) caller driven shows are horrid due to the horrendous nature of the callers. They can't put  a sentence together, they just want to spout for 5 minutes without being challenged on anything they say, and when asked to back anything up they start in with the conspiracy crap about how the hosts are just mouthpieces for whoever they are on there ranting about.

Quote from: Tony Perkis on November 20, 2017, 11:41:10 am
The thread has gotten a little derailed, but listen to JB in the mornings if you want some positive takes on the situation. Much more enjoyable than Bo. Doesn't belittle callers, has no agenda...complete opposite of whiney Bo.

Most of the callers that Bo belittles deserve it because they will not have a conversation, they just want to expound on something, without challenge, and if they do get challenged they start making it personal.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ricepig

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on November 21, 2017, 11:12:08 am
My only problem with this, it wouldn't have taken two minutes to clarify it before going with it. I googled "RRS stadium bond issue" and had to scroll thru about 10 sites before I found the actual bond issue. To all the other stuff, of course there is no definitive proof out there, so I understand it's an "opinion".

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on November 20, 2017, 11:07:21 am

You do realize that "no confidence" vote ended up 9 to 1 in Long's favor right??  Obviously something major occurred in the last 4 years to change that and I seriously doubt that it was just the football program failure or big money boosters not liking Long that caused him to be terminated.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on November 21, 2017, 12:10:13 pm
You do realize that "no confidence" vote ended up 9 to 1 in Long's favor right??  Obviously something major occurred in the last 4 years to change that and I seriously doubt that it was just the football program failure or big money boosters not liking Long that caused him to be terminated.

You have that vote on record? Just give the date it was on, I'll look it up in the minutes.

Kevin

has his inside info ever been correct?

he is just being silly today
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Grizzlyfan

Bo is stating again today that the Bielema buyout (before 1-1-18 at least) is the $11 million number.  So is who is FOS on this deal?  Does anybody know the real number?

revolution

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on November 21, 2017, 03:17:06 pm
Bo is stating again today that the Bielema buyout (before 1-1-18 at least) is the $11 million number.  So is who is FOS on this deal?  Does anybody know the real number?

Bo is taking the same position as Coach Bielema and his legal team will.  He's probably going on what Coach B told him.  The university will take the position that the lower figure is what is dictated.  They will negotiate and somewhere in between will be the actual buyout.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: revolution on November 21, 2017, 03:22:03 pm
Bo is taking the same position as Coach Bielema and his legal team will.  He's probably going on what Coach B told him.  The university will take the position that the lower figure is what is dictated.  They will negotiate and somewhere in between will be the actual buyout.
So the contract is so poorly written that there is room for negotiation between the two extreme numbers?

HF#1

The buyout isn't an issue.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: HF#1 on November 21, 2017, 03:25:52 pm
The buyout isn't an issue.
I don't know if it's an issue or not.  I just want to know what the number is.  Determining the number should be clear in the contract.  Not a flip of the coin.

ricepig

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on November 21, 2017, 03:26:59 pm
I don't know if it's an issue or not.  I just want to know what the number is.  Determining the number should be clear in the contract.  Not a flip of the coin.

And numbers are subject to negotiations and interpretations.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: ricepig on November 21, 2017, 03:29:51 pm
And numbers are subject to negotiations and interpretations.
I give you negotiation.  But you should be able to read the contract and know what the number is today or on 1-1-18.  If you can't definitively state the number it's a poorly written contract.

hawgon

If you can read a lick and didn't get your law degree from a Cracker Jack box, the buyout is clearly around that $5.9 million number.

By all means let those idiots file suit over it.  Guess where the court of proper jurisdiction and venue will be...Washington County Circuit Court.  Yeah, good luck winning that one, Bert.

duckman

Bo is quite possibly the most butthurt individual in the state right now...  All that ass kissing is now wasted

HawgTide

Quote from: duckman on November 21, 2017, 03:56:37 pm
Bo is quite possibly the most butthurt individual in the state right now...  All that ass kissing is now wasted

Exactly. It's like he realizes he sucked all that butt for nothing. With a new AD and coach he has to do it all over again. So sad

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: duckman on November 21, 2017, 03:56:37 pm
It SHOULD be jenn's backside hurting. I'd piihb and make her pay some karma costs.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang