Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top DFW football program under investigation

Started by twistitup, January 24, 2018, 07:32:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

247Hog

Wouldn't be surprised to hear some bribes being accepted. Still a shame because you know it's tough on the kids.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

onebadrubi

Mind sharing more info?  That pos website keeps popping up wanting me to subscribe. 

twistitup

HogNTX

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 24, 2018, 08:28:30 pm
Mind sharing more info?  That pos website keeps popping up wanting me to subscribe.

Southlake Carroll football coach Hal Wasson, who led his team to a 2011 state championship, has been placed on administrative leave while the district conducts a review of the football program, the district announced in a statement on Wednesday.

The review is being conducted by Southlake Carroll athletic director Darren Allman, assistant superintendents and the district's human resources department.

"Our review covers three main areas," the statement reads. "1. the culture of the football program as it compares to district expectations and the upholding of our core values; 2. our procedures as they relate to UIL rules; ande 3. ensuring employees' understanding and compliance with district policies, practices and guidelines."

Carroll ISD said it has been in the contact with the UIL.

Wasson, Allman, and school board president Sheri Mills didn't immediately respond to requests for comment.

Parents at the school were sent an email about the investigation on Wednesday afternoon from superintendent David Faltys. The email consists mostly of the statement Carroll ISD released to media outlets but also asks parents not to comment.

"As we move forward, there will likely be rumors and misinformation circulating," the email read. "I wish that speculation and opinions wouldn't be shared without fact, but in this day and age we understand that is the nature of social media. I would ask you out of respect for all involved to refrain from comment during our review."

Wasson just finished his 11th season at Southlake Carroll, taking the team to a 10-4 record and the 6A regional finals. Carroll is 121-26 in Wasson's 11 years. He inherited the program in 2007 after Carroll won three state titles and head coach Todd Dodge left for North Texas.

Here is the information released by Carroll ISD:

Carroll ISD has been conducting an administrative review focused on several aspects of our Dragon football program. We have an outstanding history of excellence in this program but sometimes it is necessary for us to take a closer look at our operations and ensure that they are aligned with our core values and with the rules and regulations that go with high school athletics.

The review is being conducted by our Athletic Director, Assistant Superintendents and our Human Resources Department. Our priority will be taking care of kids and moving the program forward as we protect the tradition of Dragon athletics.

Our review covers three main areas:

the culture of the football program as it compares to district expectations and the upholding of our core values;
our procedures as they relate to UIL rules; and
ensuring employees' understanding and compliance with district policies, practices and guidelines.
At this time, we are working with the head coach of this program, as well as his staff, to identify any areas of concern that need to be addressed with the UIL, the School Board or administratively. Paid leave is standard procedure for this kind of review, which means our assistant coaches will continue to handle off-season football. At this point there have been no other administrative actions or decisions impacting staff or the program.

Carroll ISD takes this matter seriously and wants to be thorough in our review on behalf of our district, program and community. We have been in direct contact with the UIL to let them know of our ongoing review. Once completed, there will be a report of our findings shared with the UIL.

I'm geographically close and play some middle schools from their school district in tournaments etc. I'll let you guys know of anything I hear related directly to this. I can say that there was some concern about middle school athletes being ineligible and birth certificates being changed by a year or two for 50k. This was from a coach/ref from another neighboring district who plays them regularly in middle school games.

Arthur pigby sellers.

We got the same Carroll Dragon blast email last night. I'll I'm gonna say is haters gonna hate!

hoghearted

Just saw the report on Fox4 news this morning. Wonder what triggered the investigation?
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on January 25, 2018, 06:50:17 am
We got the same Carroll Dragon blast email last night. I'll I'm gonna say is haters gonna hate!

Some Parent with Money and Political power started a witch hunt cause Little Johnny did not get enough playing time.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

BigSexyHog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 25, 2018, 08:13:56 am
Some Parent with Money and Political power started a witch hunt cause Little Johnny did not get enough playing time.

Or something major is going on with hazing or something along those lines.  Don't be to quick to judge.   Instead of jumping to conclusions why don't you wait for facts and details. 
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Hogarusa

On message boards, I prefer jumping to internet conclusions so lets play:

Is it:
1 hazing
2 sexual _____
3 bribes
4 physical/yelling abuse
5 parents complaining
6 racism
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

hogfaninmo

NBC 5 Sports Director Newy Scruggs reports sources are saying there are concerns being raised about funds Wasson was receiving while coaching at football camps, and that though Wasson is on administrative leave, he will not return as Southlake Carroll's head coach.

DeltaBoy

Sad to hear they are cutting off their nose to spite their face.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: hogfaninmo on January 25, 2018, 09:06:29 am
NBC 5 Sports Director Newy Scruggs reports sources are saying there are concerns being raised about funds Wasson was receiving while coaching at football camps, and that though Wasson is on administrative leave, he will not return as Southlake Carroll's head coach.
These type deals are usually about money or sex, but with the statements about culture and UIL being mentioned. I am guessing this is about skirting the rules around team activities but just a guess.

BDSCT51

Quote from: Hogarusa on January 25, 2018, 08:23:16 am

Is it:
1 hazing
2 sexual _____
3 bribes
4 physical/yelling abuse
5 parents complaining
6 racism

Invalid Hogville poll! No "Frito Pie" choice!
Bleeding Razorback Red

Hog N Bama

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 24, 2018, 08:28:30 pm
Me too. Not taking the bait. I can google it free

AirWarren

Is it:
1 hazing
2 sexual _____
3 bribes
4 physical/yelling abuse
5 parents complaining
6 racism

#6 is a hot one these days.......easy way to make the water boil over.

Arthur pigby sellers.

Quote from: AP85 on January 25, 2018, 11:59:23 am
Pretty sure that's been a hot topic for quite some time. Sexual harassment has come on strong as of late.

247Hog

Quote from: AP85 on January 25, 2018, 11:59:23 am

#6 is always an issue for those always looking for it.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

twistitup

Quote from: 247Hog on January 25, 2018, 01:44:47 pm
#6 is always an issue for those always looking for it.

Don't have to look very hard

247Hog

Quote from: twistitup on January 25, 2018, 01:46:57 pm

I can say from personal experience, when i moved to OKC, i was on the receiving end of racism more than i ever saw anywhere else in my life.

It happens to every race/gender/religion...ALL...and like i said, if you look for it, any person on this board can find it in their lives. First step to fixing it is turning the other check and try solving the problem instead of bitching about it.

Yeah i know you don't agree and you can give me another smite in an hour.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: twistitup on January 25, 2018, 01:46:57 pm
You can just make it up. That's what is going on in America. People who always see and yell racism are the most racist people in the world. They only see color.

Hogarusa

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on January 25, 2018, 02:05:58 pm
You can just make it up. That's what is going on in America. People who always see and yell racism are the most racist people in the world. They only see color.

Hahahahahahaha, so it's the people who were judged simply by the color of their skin who are the racist ones.  😁
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

twistitup

Quote from: 247Hog on January 25, 2018, 01:51:34 pm
I can say from personal experience, when i moved to OKC, i was on the receiving end of racism more than i ever saw anywhere else in my life.

It happens to every race/gender/religion...ALL...and like i said, if you look for it, any person on this board can find it in their lives. First step to fixing it is turning the other check and try solving the problem instead of bitching about it.

Yeah i know you don't agree and you can give me another smite in an hour.

I agree w you

HiggiePiggy

Is it:
1 hazing
2 sexual _____
3 bribes
4 physical/yelling abuse
5 parents complaining
6 racism

I will go with 1,2, and 3
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Doesn't count because my Aledo Bearcats are Top!
Let's make some waves.

twistitup

Kickbacks is what I am hearing....possibly football camps but also from companies like Under Armour

pigture perfect

Does thread title prove that the Cowboys are not the top team in DFW?
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

DeltaBoy

twistitup

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 22, 2018, 10:23:18 am
Witch hunt and the Coach will land in their District and beat the brakes off them.

The words Witch hunt are being overused these days

DeltaBoy

Quote from: twistitup on February 22, 2018, 11:32:21 am
The words Witch hunt are being overused these days

Maybe but he took a his team who was supposed to be down this last year on a deep playoff run.

Folks down here are fudging on Practice limits and such all the time. And for having Camps tons of those schools do.

Rudy Baylor

what's funny as hell in Texas is the large powerhouses who recruit, public or private, under the table or openly, bitch about IMG Academy in Florida recruiting their players away to IMG

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: BigSexyHog on January 25, 2018, 08:17:14 am
Or something major is going on with hazing or something along those lines.  Don't be to quick to judge.   Instead of jumping to conclusions why don't you wait for facts and details. 

Wait for Facts? This is Hogville and you want someone to wait for facts. I wouldn't hold my breath.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

twistitup

I believe there is some sort of Town Hall meeting tonight dealing w this issue.....does he keep his job or not?

DeltaBoy

Nope he retired and they hired Todd Dodges Son Riley Dodge to be HC. I wish him all the best.

twistitup

I'm hearing Steve Lineweaver will be a top assistant to Riley.....man, he brought back a winner. I didn't think Lineweaver would come out of retirement, but I guess he really cares about Carroll not falling flat on it's face

DeltaBoy

I not heard anything so far but I bet someone will hire the former coach pretty soon.