Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If we played TCU again this weekend

Started by Arazorbackguy1, September 26, 2017, 10:39:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

hogsanity

Ummm, no. Did you see what their D did to Okie ST?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

jst01

Dear god. This is the same crap that everyone spouts at the end of the year after we lose 5 games.... "man they are lucky they got us early b/c Bret's teams always get better through the year and we'd win a rematch..."   

hawgon

rhames

Hahaha

TCU's defense is way better than A&M's

We lost to a bad A&M team.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

HognotinMemphis

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Hoggish1

Quote from: rhames on September 26, 2017, 10:46:12 am
Hahaha

TCU's defense is way better than A&M's

We lost to a bad A&M team.

I doubt that's true.  They are one bad half from being undefeated.

rhames

Quote from: Hoggish1 on September 26, 2017, 10:57:26 am
I doubt that's true.

Really? I would venture to say they will go on and have a 6 or 7 win season.  Good experienced defenses will make Mond look lackluster. Sumlin will be fired

This was Arkansas's last shot at having an ok season. Will be tough to get to six wins now.

I don't even want to know what our oline will look like VS Bama, Auburn, Miss State and lsu.

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

GunnerHawg70

Naaaaah, I'm good.  For some reason TCU QB Kenny Hill has hit a stride and is in a zone.  He looked better against Okie Lite than he did against the Hogs.  Rather keep that team in the rearview.  They look pretty good right now.

hawgon

Yeah, I don't think Arkansas was the most improved team in the country as Bert promised.

Hog Fan...DOH!

If we played TCU this weekend we'd still be down our three best players.

rhames

Arkansas has 3 games left they will be favored in. NMSU, CC, and Mizziou

Maybe LSU gives up on the season after another loss and we can sneak one out there. Ole Miss is a must win but will be tough. Hogs won't be favored in SC but I think they win there.

Seebs

If I remarried my ex-wife again I am sure the outcome would be quite similar.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

hawgon

Quote from: Seebs on September 26, 2017, 11:09:35 am

I know a guy who has tried that five times with two different wives.

Seebs

Quote from: hawgon on September 26, 2017, 11:10:09 am

Is his offensive line better than ours? I've used a ton of offensive lines. None work.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on September 26, 2017, 10:39:50 am
I think we win. 

If you believe that and it was true then the Coach should be fired for not having the ready to play.  This is a disturbing Trend with this Staff Slow starts.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HognotinMemphis

I heard that she wants to try again with you. Roll the bones, man.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Hogwild

Quote from: rhames on September 26, 2017, 11:00:03 am

Really? I would venture to say they will go on and have a 6 or 7 win season.  Good experienced defenses will make Mond look lackluster.

Nicholls State and ULL made him look lackluster

Redhogs

Quote from: Hogwild on September 26, 2017, 12:35:03 pm
Nicholls State and ULL made him look lackluster
Got an ESPN game day helmet sticker after playing us...true story. Of course that's what we do with bad qb's..
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

LRHawg

We would lose by even more. We actually had a good shot to beat them since they made several mistakes and left points off the scoreboard they should have scored. Just imagine, if we'd beaten them and held on against A&M, we'd be ranked in the top 20 probably and looking ahead to the meat of our SEC schedule. *sigh*

Mo_Better_Hogs

I figured TCU's defense would be solid. But look at what their offense is doing now. That's what shocked me about their OSU game.

I don't know how much better our D would have to be to stop TCU. A lot.

jst01

Quote from: LRHawg on September 26, 2017, 01:03:23 pm
We would lose by even more. We actually had a good shot to beat them since they made several mistakes and left points off the scoreboard they should have scored. Just imagine, if we'd beaten them and held on against A&M, we'd be ranked in the top 20 probably and looking ahead to the meat of our SEC schedule. *sigh*

You'll probably hear this in BB's Thursday night show "a play here and a different bounce there and we are ranked #20 and the fans are loving it.."

Hogtimes

PORKULATOR

I think we'd see overtime.... Winner? Idk probably them.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

twistitup

It would get nasty

and not in a good way
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

jgphillips3

September 26, 2017, 01:13:10 pm #25 Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 02:19:00 pm by jgphillips3
I think we would lose 42-24.  I guess that is some better.

jrulz83

Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

LRHawg

Quote from: jst01 on September 26, 2017, 01:07:58 pm
You'll probably hear this in BB's Thursday night show "a play here and a different bounce there and we are ranked #20 and the fans are loving it.."

yep which is just CBB's flavor of B.S. we were served by Nutt on a weekly basis.

mhuff

Quote from: hawgon on September 26, 2017, 10:44:52 am
I think we would lose by a lot more.

I just think that we would lose as we suffer from the definition of insanity. We would throw again on critical possessions when it was third and two.

PossumFan

Quote from: hawgon on September 26, 2017, 11:04:03 am
Yeah, I don't think Arkansas was the most improved team in the country as Bert promised.

Once again, HE DID NOT PROMISE THIS! He said we would "have to be the most improved team in the country" by the time we played A&M. Come on, people, quit twisting the man's words. He also didn't dissolve into a big puddle of tears at the post-game news conference; he just got a little choked up. He says and does enough things to warrant legitimate criticism without making up stuff or, at best, exaggerating.

hogsanity

Quote from: LRHawg on September 26, 2017, 01:23:32 pm
yep which is just CBB's flavor of B.S. we were served by Nutt on a weekly basis.

and it is all out of the same coach speak bucket that 130 fbs coaches draw from incessantly.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Atlhogfan1

Would like to have seen our A&M offense vs TCU.   
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hogsanity

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 26, 2017, 02:20:42 pm

Did you see what TCU did to the Okie St offense?

Grizzlyfan

We don't get to play them again this weekend.  We got to play them 2 and 1/2 weeks ago and lost.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: hawgon on September 26, 2017, 11:10:09 am

Maybe he needed a bye week.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 26, 2017, 02:20:42 pm

no kidding...The Hogs definitely would've pulled off a victory because until late 4th qtr the defense was playing pretty good.  If the offense installed for the TAMU game was incorporated into the TCU gameplan, we all would've been talking about how the boys just knocked off TCU who just beat Okie Lite...

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on September 26, 2017, 02:26:41 pm
no kidding...The Hogs definitely would've pulled off a victory because until late 4th qtr the defense was playing pretty good.  If the offense installed for the TAMU game was incorporated into the TCU gameplan, we all would've been talking about how the boys just knocked off TCU who just beat Okie Lite...

Don't know about win.   But it was much more diverse and better planned than the TCU crapshow.  Would have made for a different game. 

lahawg1

An awful lot of people seem to forget that TCU turned the ball over twice inside the 10 yard line right before they would have scored.

jvanhorn

zebradynasty

Not saying it's impossible for us to win but TCU is a better team and more talented than Arkansas. The sooner we be more honest with ourselves the sooner we can fix our problems. The chances of being a top 20 team let alone be in the hunt for an SEC title are slim when you start walkons and blueshirts on your offensive line and with 2 true 3-4 defensive lineman.

axharbor

No way we would win...  I guess we losing in OT to a young ATM team with a freshman QB must make you feel a LOT better about the Hogs...  I didn't think there was any chance we would lose to ATM with that QB.

Hogs-n-Roses

imaginary+1

Rzbakfromwaybak

I think we win.

Win what?  Maybe the Arkansas fans would be 1st in the number of beers purchased at the concession stand...but we're not going to beat their football team on the field.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Hogfan1660

Quote from: jst01 on September 26, 2017, 10:42:34 am
Dear god. This is the same crap that everyone spouts at the end of the year after we lose 5 games.... "man they are lucky they got us early b/c Bret's teams always get better through the year and we'd win a rematch..."   

^^^ This ^^^

We need to start our season in July so we will be ready to play by the time the real season starts....

johnny cash

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: jst01 on September 26, 2017, 10:42:34 am

Well it has been somewhat true.  BB's version of Nutt's 0 for October pattern.

Why I don't think we would beat TCU is Kenny Hill is playing pretty well.  Minimal competent qb play dooms us.  Still would have liked to have seen our A&M offensive game plan with getting more speed involved and CK plays vs TCU. 

Roaringboar

I think we win.

Sure we do.....we've said the same thing every year about A&M........so far that's not done much for us......
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

NaturalStateReb

It's amazing how much TCU has improved around here this week. 
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.