Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is Altman staying at Creighton?????

Started by IcedOutHog, April 03, 2007, 05:16:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorNick

Being reported on their boards that the local radio station there says it is 100% sure.

theoutsider

As Frank Broyles is forced to resign, he takes down UA athletics with him.

razorbackfan4life

I can't believe this..... I was really looking forward to seeing him coach.  Is there a possibility that we forced him out?  Is there a possibility we might be getting someone better????

RazorNick

Just had a funny thought.......JFB and the masters........lmao
Maybe he can bring back Hootie Johnson to be the coach.

jchill

I think this is a wake up call for not only the Razorback Administration, but also the fans and the media. If he is leaving, I do not blame him, no one wants to be insulted.

Ulysses_S_Grunt

Houston h

It's been reported everywhere now that he had a change of heart!
Way to go Frankie boy!!!!!!!  It's a freaking circus up there! I love it.........

rzrbcks2120

THINK TOM COLLEN CAN HANDLE BOTH BASKETBALL TEAMS??

Oliver

RazorNick

Their board is down now, it must be flooded.

LSUFan

Quote from: WxHog on April 03, 2007, 05:30:57 pm
Does anybody want to coach at Arkansas anymore?   

Did we do something wrong, or did he just feel too loyal to leave Creighton?
Somebody must have filled him in on the circus that is HDN and JFB.

Razor8

DTS is on it - we should know within the hour - hope dudley gives me good new - and no sunshine pumping this time.
Razorbacks

OldArmy94

Hey, maybe it'll be for the best anyway.  I know that many of you weren't overly pleased with Altman.

ballhog™

Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

jbfrye

ToY

Man, your athletic program is hilarious!

Hollywood_HOGan

dumbest decision he'll ever make in the business world if true!

Nobody will hire his ass now.

razorduck9

Sure is going to be hard to track Broyles down for comment at Augusta...........  this could get UGLY!

RazorNick

I'm sure somebody from their bpard tipped him off about this one. We may never get a coach in here now.

Pigmund Freud

All you had to do was look at his wife on the podium. Looked like she was being led into a concentration camp. Both embarassed by the Hog Call. Had a Creighton classmate in professional school who was FROM Arkansas and would never admit it after going there. This had to be perceived as socially unacceptable by them.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: jchill on April 03, 2007, 05:33:56 pm
I think this is a wake up call for not only the Razorback Administration, but also the fans and the media. If he is leaving, I do not blame him, no one wants to be insulted.

Get real.  This has nothing to do with the fans. 

The guy has just poured his heart and soul into a community and school for 13 years, it would make it hard on anyone to leave. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

razorhead69

You guys will love how this will play out in a couple of days.

KEEP THE FAITH!!

casken

Quote from: razorduck9 on April 03, 2007, 05:36:28 pm
Sure is going to be hard to track Broyles down for comment at Augusta...........  this could get UGLY!

get??????
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

LSUFan

Quote from: theoutsider on April 03, 2007, 05:33:12 pm
As Frank Broyles is forced to resign, he takes down UA athletics with him.
Truer Words Have Never Been Spoken.

U.P. HOGG

WHY WOULD YOU INTRODUCE HIM AND NOT HAVE A SIGNED CONTRACT!!  DID YOU FORGET THAT PART FRANK.  SO THIS IS HOW IT ALL ENDS HERE.

holdempig

They all believe it.  The Creighton board is up:

http://thebluejaycafe.com/BB/viewtopic.php?t=7326&start=15

Its just too silly to believe.  Florida has Meyer and Donovan...We have Nutt and Nothing.

HogHillbilly

Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

Hollywood_HOGan

is it too late to get Heath back??

Who the hell has a press conference and then backs out??

What a freakin putz if this is true.

razorbackfan4life

Quote from: razorbackfan4life on April 03, 2007, 05:33:18 pm
I can't believe this..... I was really looking forward to seeing him coach.  Is there a possibility that we forced him out?  Is there a possibility we might be getting someone better????

THINK ABOUT IT!  He said he wanted to end his career here.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on April 03, 2007, 05:36:27 pm

Except for Creighton, which is where he want to be anyway. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

whitecohogg

"Ohhhh, Lord it's hard to be humble" when you can't keep a coach over 24 hours

Richard_white

It has happened before.  Bobby Cremins.

hogrock

With the hiring of Altman the heat was beginning to be turned back up on nutt. this is jfb's and nutt's doing so that nutt can't be canned until the bball fiasco is settled, which now won't be until jan. 08.  :puke:

NWASooner

coach, my back hurts

April 03, 2007, 05:40:44 pm #84 Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 07:30:06 pm by coach, my back hurts

Not if 47% of the fans voted that they do not like him.  I wouldnt take a job either if i knew i would be facing an up hill battle the WHOLE time i was there. 

Lets face it.  If this is true our bball program is screwed.  We wont get the big name coach and we will have to settle for Sutton or some jerkoff.  Were done!

razorback3072

Quote from: ToY on April 03, 2007, 05:36:26 pm
Man, your athletic program is hilarious!

No, it's not funny.  It's a big fat joke.  If this is true, Broyles should be fired today.  If the BOT doesn't do anything right now to start to repair this, you can kiss the BB and FB programs goodbye for the next 10 years.
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

U.P. HOGG

Quote from: razorhead69 on April 03, 2007, 05:38:39 pm
You guys will love how this will play out in a couple of days.

KEEP THE FAITH!!

Why?  There is no reason to leave us hanging right now, especially in this kind of circumstance!!

hawaiianhogster

SouthpawSensation

Blame it on Broyles!!!! Fire Frank!!!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!

whoop1012

I really don't mean to add fuel to the fire, but "WOW!" That's really all I can say.

DEVICEHIGH

Well better we know what kind of man he his now rather than find out later. WHAT KIND OF MAN DOES THIS?

Show up at a press conference then changes his mind?

Is he a man?

UNBELIEVABLE!
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

DrSwineESQ

I'm as shocked as anyone, but how could this be JFB's fault?  The guy came down here for a presser?  He said he wanted to finish out his career here.... sorry, but I just don't see any way you can blame JFB. 

hawaiianhogster

You guys are so full of it it stinks.

rzrbcks2120

razorbackfan4life

This might spell bad news for our current basketball players.  Many might leave unfortunately :(

Jurassic Pork

Why is everyone so upset? Most of you were screaming about how bad a hire this was and bitching about him being our coach. Looks like you got your wish and ran off a coach. You should be proud.

casken

Maybe somebody showed him the crap on this sight and he decided to stay where he was welcome.
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

HarrisonHog

Quote from: fu-man-soo on April 03, 2007, 05:24:33 pm
he must have read all the fire him posts on here

If he or his wife did, it would be hard to blame them for changing their minds. 

code3hawg

Quit Whinning and support your Team!

catfanNar

am I the only one who thought he didnt want to be there during the press conf
yesterday?