Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game 3: UT-Arlington (1-2) vs. Arkansas (2-0) 11/18 @BWA

Started by razorhead94, November 16, 2016, 10:59:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

razorhead94

November 16, 2016, 10:59:07 am Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 08:55:47 pm by razorhead94
I always thought Extra Innings did a good job of posting the next game via a subject line like this.  I know several fans don't even know when our next game is.  Our next opponent UT-Arlington out of the Sun Belt is 1-2 on the year.

11/12/16 Texas Southern - W 89-82

11/14/16 @Minnesota - L 84-67

11/16/16 @Florida Gulf Coast - L 85-72

Season leaders for the Mavericks:
Rebounds: K. Hervey 8.5
Assists:  E.Neal 6.5

Coached by:
Scott Cross

***By the way this isn't intended to take over the game thread but more about discussion about the next opponent***
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

razorhead94

Biggus Piggus

UT Arlington played at Minnesota on Monday, is at Florida Gulf Coast tonight, and comes to Arkansas on Friday. That's a difficult travel schedule.

Their starters so far:

F Jorge Bilbao, 6-9, 245 sr
F Faith Pope, 6-8, 195 sr
G Erick Neal, 5-10 jr - all-conference guard
G Jalen Jones, 6-2 sr - scored 23 and 17 in first two games
G Drew Charles, 6-2 sr

Kevin Hervey (6-9, 230 jr), their best player, has been coming off the bench lately. Hervey missed half of last season with an ACL injury. I wonder when they will finally put him back in the starting lineup. Could be against us.
[CENSORED]!

The Hogfather

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on November 16, 2016, 11:13:01 am
Kevin Hervey (6-9, 230 jr), their best player, has been coming off the bench lately. Hervey missed half of last season with an ACL injury. I wonder when they will finally put him back in the starting lineup. Could be against us.

Oh goody!

razorhead94

UT-Arlington blew a 13 point halftime lead in a loss to Florida Gulf Coast tonight to go to 1-2 on the season.

Rawker

Fort Wayne's pre-game make-up scared me, and had the Hogs not worn out their legs, free throws might have seen them through, but UTA should be even scarier....no matter how they've fared in previous games.  Going to suck to have to play this team with 400 fans trying to get the Hogs going.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Rawker on November 16, 2016, 09:46:25 pm
Fort Wayne's pre-game make-up scared me, and had the Hogs not worn out their legs, free throws might have seen them through, but UTA should be even scarier....no matter how they've fared in previous games.  Going to suck to have to play this team with 400 fans trying to get the Hogs going.

Let's hope the players take an us against the world approach and play for each other, all others be darned! Maybe they will go on a win streak and bring wallflowers back onto the dance floor. Once they reignite the inflame the old passions of hawgball lust, the fans will come back and the romance will continue unabated. Unless the team falls off again. As Coach Richardson once said, "you have to feed the monster, if you don't feed the monster, the monster will eat you".

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: razorhead94 on November 16, 2016, 09:09:07 pm
UT-Arlington blew a 13 point halftime lead in a loss to Florida Gulf Coast tonight to go to 1-2 on the season.

FGC is without starting forward Marc-Eddy Norelia, who is recovering from a broken hand. They were good against the Florida Gators until their lack of frontcourt depth became too much to bear.

UT Arlington led 46-31 early in the second half, so that was a heckuva collapse. FGC used its quick guards to come off screens and drive to the basket, or fall back for threes.
[CENSORED]!

AugustaHog

If UTA has an issue with good guard play and being able to finish a game, we should be their kryptonite.  If we give the same type of effort as we saw on Monday, we'll be just fine. 

FaytownHog

i'll go if someone has some free tickets to give me. :)

dsgreen

Quote from: FaytownHog on November 17, 2016, 08:30:17 pm
i'll go if someone has some free tickets to give me. :)

Check craigslist. Surely people are giving them away with how few are actually going.

razorhead94

Our game tonight might give a good indication on the next game with Minnesota.  Minnesota won by 17 against UT-Arlington.

oldbooniehog

hawgrunner

phadedhawg

phadedhawg

phadedhawg

Moses parted the defense, thunder dunk to pull within 7.  Come on Hawgs!!!!

daprospecta

We are starting to see the running wear down UTA. They seem to have little depth but I really hope CMA is realizing we need to play sharper defense.  Some teams don't run out of energy and will bury 3's all night.

phadedhawg

Still killing us from the arc....very familiar to stretches we had last year

phadedhawg

phadedhawg

Loss of focus at end of half.  We gave back most of the points we'd scored to cut the deficit. 

Hopefully this game is the tale of two halves or we gonna lose this one.

HogInThaGrove

Defense killin us. On pace to give up 86 at home. Not acceptable.

TechDawg-Hawg

I saw UTA play at Louisiana Tech last year, they lead at half but the Bulldogs stormed back and won. Sadly Tech has issues scheduling decent- good opponents because nobody really wants to play them at home.

Danny J

Quote from: HogInThaGrove on November 18, 2016, 07:54:38 pm
Defense killin us. On pace to give up 86 at home. Not acceptable.
Well...at one point with 12:33 to go in the half they had 25 and that's not acceptable.  Our pick and roll D is beyond horrible. Hopefully we try something different in the second half

Rawker

I realize the entire team is really struggling in this game from a number of standpoints, but Jeez....Moses, except for a couple of plays, is pretty much killing the whole team with his lack of....a lot of things.  Just not even close to bringing it, and it has cost the Hogs defensively especially.  Except for a showy block that didn't count, he is letting whoever wants to just walk right in there down low and score.  Just seems to be a step behind everything they are doing. 

Rawker

We really need to outscore them in the second half 147-98 in this one game.

Rawker

phadedhawg

phadedhawg

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

phadedhawg

phadedhawg

and makes the free throw for the 3 pt play.  Good stuffs.

phadedhawg

phadedhawg

phadedhawg

2 pt Arkansas lead with 35 seconds left in the game.  Ugh...

Hope we find a way to escape this mess with a W

hobhog

phadedhawg

Barford just made the 2 biggest free throws of our young season. 

Good defense at the end and we escape with the win! 

#WPS