Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Had my first VA appointment to day for the BDD Program

Started by Großer Kriegschwein, May 06, 2016, 02:21:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Großer Kriegschwein

and nobody was frickin there. Office was empty.

Not a good start.
This is my non-signature signature.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on May 06, 2016, 02:21:19 pm

Not a good start.

From what I understand, that was a good visit. If they're not there, they can't try to kill you.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: The Chief on May 06, 2016, 02:39:45 pm
From what I understand, that was a good visit. If they're not there, they can't try to kill you.

I had all the daggum forms filled out in triplicate, a list of my disabling injuries with reference to my medical records.

Seriously annoying.

Hogfaniam

Not a good start.

no body working? or no body claiming?
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Großer Kriegschwein

Old Tusk

The Democrats are the party that says government can make you richer, smarter, taller and get the crabgrass out of our lawn. Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, and then they get elected and prove it....P.J. O'Rourke

Whiskeyhog

Not a good start.

I am an advocate for Veterans, if you want to PM me I can possibly help you out.  I am also a reservist with 17 years in, 11 active duty. 

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Old Tusk on May 08, 2016, 05:02:32 pm
I thought you retired

It's been approved for a while. I sign out in 100 days.

Quote from: Whiskeyhog on May 09, 2016, 11:44:17 am
I am an advocate for Veterans, if you want to PM me I can possibly help you out.  I am also a reservist with 17 years in, 11 active duty. 

I rescheduled. The liaison had a family emergency and the nurse figured it was a good time to call in sick.

Whiskeyhog

Well if it gets confusing or looking for some advice let me know.  I have been doing this job for five years and I work in a VA regional office.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Whiskeyhog on May 11, 2016, 10:26:40 am
Well if it gets confusing or looking for some advice let me know.  I have been doing this job for five years and I work in a VA regional office.

Cool. Thanks.

Großer Kriegschwein

Had my rescheduled appointment, finished a little paperwork then went into the VA Reps office and low and behold, Razorback memorabilia. A veritable VA Mecca of Razorbackdom.

He filed all my stuff, and told me that "You're where you want to be with your VA claim, sitting pretty good."

Whiskeyhog

Once you get your exams scheduled, go back to your rep and get advice for each exam.  If you know what to expect going into the exam you will be able to give the correct information pertaining to each disability.  A lot of veterans under report their symptoms, you know your limitations and stick to that.  One thing to focus on is pain is a symptom and even if you scream 12/10 on a pain scale, they will not give you a higher rating.  Hope this helps. 

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Whiskeyhog on June 03, 2016, 08:23:04 am
Once you get your exams scheduled, go back to your rep and get advice for each exam.  If you know what to expect going into the exam you will be able to give the correct information pertaining to each disability.  A lot of veterans under report their symptoms, you know your limitations and stick to that.  One thing to focus on is pain is a symptom and even if you scream 12/10 on a pain scale, they will not give you a higher rating.  Hope this helps.

I'm trackin. I've just been confused about GERD (rated as hiatal hernia) and Barrett's (rated as a stricture of the esophagus). I have both. Nobody has really been able to answer if Barrett's will be rated independently or secondary to or together with GERD.

I meet the 30% disability for GERD to the letter. But I also have some mild problems swallowing and such with my Barrett's. One is caused by the other, so that would seem to make it an independent rating probably secondary to GERD.

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on June 04, 2016, 02:55:26 pm
I'm trackin. I've just been confused about GERD (rated as hiatal hernia) and Barrett's (rated as a stricture of the esophagus). I have both. Nobody has really been able to answer if Barrett's will be rated independently or secondary to or together with GERD.

I meet the 30% disability for GERD to the letter. But I also have some mild problems swallowing and such with my Barrett's. One is caused by the other, so that would seem to make it an independent rating probably secondary to GERD.

Good luck man... I've had nothing but severe problems with the VA ever since I left the USAF, you would not believe the massive incompetence that I had to deal with when I desperately needed their help. They have cost me more than I could ever expect to recover in this lifetime and WILL NEVER go back... Unless it's been burnt to the ground along with the "problem" Staff that makes up this BS Agency.

For every "positive" story... I could give you a hundred ruined lives... Best of luck but they "franked" me at every turn, I hope you NEVER have to really depend on them.

Whiskeyhog

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on June 04, 2016, 02:55:26 pm

Unfortunately the Barrett's is going to be rated as a symptom of the GERD, most likely how you meet the 30%.