Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nam POW who blinked TORTURE to the Media has died.

Started by DeltaBoy, March 31, 2014, 12:26:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

March 31, 2014, 12:26:51 pm Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 10:18:04 am by DeltaBoy
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jeremiah-denton-ex-senator-and-vietnam-pow-who-blinked-torture-in-morse-code-dies-at-89/

Prisoner of war Jeremiah Denton declared his loyalty to the U.S. government during a 1966 interview for what was supposed to be a propaganda film. But his enraged captors missed his more covert message: "T-O-R-T-U-R-E," blinked into the camera in Morse code, a dispatch that would alert the U.S. military to the conditions he endured.

RIP to an American Hero!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

old hog

Prayers to a Hero and his family. May he RIP.

oldhawg

Kodiak

From one Nam vet to another, Thank you for service Mr. Denton.
Due to the lack of interest, the remainder of this day has been cancelled.
K.I.S.S.  Keep It Simple Stupid!