Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Petrino would have won 10 games with this team...

Started by JackTNHogfan, November 23, 2012, 05:27:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hoghiker

Quote from: Klynt21 on November 23, 2012, 05:35:36 pm
ahahaha....nope. BP beats ULM and we're 5-7, thats it. No depth in the trenches. Played well today, gave good protection and was able to penetrate against a really good o-line, but certainly very thin and playing on last game emotions.

Proud of these guys cause their gutsy, but BP set us up for failure. Apologize to all BP worshipers out there.
You didn't apoligize, really. With a coach, this team is better than average.

spiritof92

Quote from: HogNiner12 on November 23, 2012, 06:04:03 pm
Really ? Coach Petrino lost more then that last year and still won 11 games. So yes the percentage is greater he would have won 10 games this year

Joe Adams and Jarius Wright disagree with this post.

Wants2Win

At the very least 8 but closer to 9 or 10 depending on the bowl matchup.

Teebow62

Maybe 5. We were not talented and that's BP's fault.

LZH

Quote from: JackTNHogfan on November 23, 2012, 05:27:20 pm
Only losses to Bama and A&M.  Here's to coaching and Jeffy making the right hire this time.  Oh and to the players for fighting hard today and the seniors for all the work they have put in over the years.

Cheers!

Wake up!....*slap slap*.....wake up!  You're dreaming.

Sas Nakra

Quote from: intoxhog on November 23, 2012, 05:51:26 pm
whew.... Glad someone finally knows who it is. Can u please tell us now?
if you knew, you would not like it. Would ruin your weekend.
What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk?

Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny.

thefisher

Quote from: Sas Nakra on November 23, 2012, 05:32:15 pm
Most fans here are going to be really disappointed when they discover who Long has hired.
Link?  Or just more bloviating?
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

HotlantaHog

I agree with the OP totally and with the poster who said Nutt would won 8 games -- including this one. He was always good for a big upset vs LSU.

Alabama had too much of a talent edge, especially with Tyler's injury. That game was lost when No. 8 went down. Even if Bobby had been there. Had Tyler been playing and Petrino coaching, I don't rule out that Arkansas would have been in that game. Alabama is not quite as good as last year.

Texas A&M has been quite a surprise, and I always thought winning at College Station would be an uphill climb. With Johnny Football, and the team getting better every week, there was no way Hogs could have won.

I really think Arkansas's talent was about equal with the remaining teams, and 10-2 would have been quite realistic, maybe 9-3 with some missteps.

The_Iceman

So, when we almost win, it means Bobby would have won all those games.

But when Bobby almost lost, it's because he is a superior coach and all that matters is the win.

Hogville Logic?......

dynastyhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 23, 2012, 08:23:36 pm
So, when we almost win, it means Bobby would have won all those games.

But when Bobby almost lost, it's because he is a superior coach and all that matters is the win.

Hogville Logic?......

Winners, win and losers find a way to lose.  Take Les Miles for example.  His entire career is a bunch of "almost" losses, but the guy seems to find a way to win not a way to lose.
Life is too short to spend your precious time trying to convince a person who wants to live in gloom and doom otherwise. Give lifting that person your best shot, but don't hang around long enough for his or her bad attitude to pull you down. Instead surround yourself with optimistic people. - Zig Ziglar.

oldhog63

Quote from: Hogz87 on November 23, 2012, 05:35:30 pm
That's assuming we don't have the onslaught of injuries if Petrino was the coach this year.  However, without those injuries, and Petrino at the helm, I think we go 8-4 or 9-3 at the worst. 

Some of our blowout losses were actually a lot closer than the score indicated.  A lack of focus in the redzone killed us all year.  We had games where he'd have 4-5 redzone trips and come up empty (zero points) multiple times.  Not to mention the number of times we just basically quit after falling behind by two scores in the 2nd or 3rd quarter. 
Any competent, non lame duck coaching staff would have won 8+ games with this team.

Pork Twain

Dream on...dream on...dream until your dreams come true...
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

bosshawg89

Quote from: Sas Nakra on November 23, 2012, 05:32:15 pm
Most fans here are going to be really disappointed when they discover who Long has hired.
like u know idiot.

scottwillrazbackfan1

We beat ulm, rutgers, ole miss, msu, LSU and USC, thats a 10 win season.. this team turn the ball over to many times in the red zone to compete with the big boys. Even in 2008 with a lesser talented team, they were not as undisciplined as this current team.

TeedupHigh

Only if little bobby did his job!  His job was coach the ARKANSAS RAZORBACK FOOTBALL TEAM!  It was not lusting after a little girl young enough to be his daughter!  Dude slipped off the deep end over a little girl, he was not the man he was after this fling.  He lost his job, damn people he's gone and ain't coming back!  Get over it. Jeff Long did his job and fired his a$$ and good for Jeff!  At least he made a decision and didn't yell and scream like little bobby.

The Hogfather

ballz2thewall

i want some of what you bp 10-winner's are smoking.
The rest of the frog.

Grunt

Quote from: Pickeledpigfeet on November 23, 2012, 06:23:43 pm
Maybe ...if he wasnt a self centered f-wad that screwed around on the hognation as well as his family!
Seems the folks at ESPN and Atlanta were right after all!!!!
bs
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

Grunt

Grunt

pigture perfect

I don't think we would have beat Bama, A&M, USC-e, or Miss. St. And maybe not Rutgers.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

MC_Hog

Quote from: JackTNHogfan on November 23, 2012, 05:27:20 pm
Only losses to Bama and A&M.  Here's to coaching and Jeffy making the right hire this time.  Oh and to the players for fighting hard today and the seniors for all the work they have put in over the years.

Cheers!

We would have beaten Alabama.......hell Lsu had them beat!

SouthSide Johnny

:razorback: Woulda Coulda Shoulda If only CBP hadn't rode the Hog in the ditch on April Fool's day (kinda fits) the joke was on ALL of us!  We will never know for sure............. :razorback: :razorback:
Some Say it's Raining Elephants but They Go Outside Anyway..

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Let's make some waves.

dizzy_lavender

Quote from: SSJ on November 24, 2012, 08:10:45 am
:razorback: Woulda Coulda Shoulda If only CBP hadn't rode the Hog in the ditch on April Fool's day (kinda fits) the joke was on ALL of us!  We will never know for sure............. :razorback: :razorback:

If only jeff long hadnt fired THE ONLY coach to EVER play in a bcs game at arkansas.

SouthSide Johnny

Quote from: dizzy_lavender on November 24, 2012, 08:43:44 am
If only jeff long hadnt fired THE ONLY coach to EVER play in a bcs game at arkansas.

If ONLY CBP hadn't done A..B...C... I didn't see CBP make any plays in the BCS game, BaWaaaaa
Some Say it's Raining Elephants but They Go Outside Anyway..

mmorgent

CBP has the short man syndrome and was in love with himself. He is too arrogant to succeed anywhere. UoA gave him everything and he screwed everyone. I hope he never gets a chance to hurt young men like this again. He may have a great offensive mind, but he sucks at defense. Everyone needs to forget about him.

Jeff Long made the wrong decision as well. He needs to leave, too.

roothawg

Yes Bobby would have won alot this year. He knows how to call the right play at the right time unlike his brother.