Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maybe Louisville Will Volunteer Petrino

Started by Albert Swinestein, October 14, 2017, 01:58:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Albert Swinestein

Just kidding of course, but it is interesting that the boo birds are out at the Louisville game.  I guess most team's fans are not happy with either their coach or team performance nowadays.

With that said, Boston College is not exactly a team that is incapable of letting a team come back from two touchdowns in the 4th quarter, so I would not be surprised to see Louisville come back.

jcbville

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

rtr

Bert is great at coming from behind, he could call him.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

hoglady

This has been a very strange weekend so far in College football.
Clemson and Washington St both losing last night was shocking.
And very surprised at this Louisville game.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hog of steele

I don't really follow l'ville so this is speculation. I have to believe there is a not insignificant group of fans who are still a bit bitter at bp. Winning patches things over but any rough spot will bring out the "remember when he screwed us" crowd. I don't imagine that he gets much slack.

imtad16

Quote from: hog of steele on October 14, 2017, 02:20:02 pm
I don't really follow l'ville so this is speculation. I have to believe there is a not insignificant group of fans who are still a bit bitter at bp. Winning patches things over but any rough spot will bring out the "remember when he screwed us" crowd. I don't imagine that he gets much slack.

Well a loss at under .500 BC with a Heisman winner is a really bad loss.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

imtad16

HOGINTENNESSEE

Yeah, would still take Petrino back. Dude can coach offense

rtr

Quote from: imtad16 on October 14, 2017, 02:30:54 pm

Lamar Jackson covers a multitude of sins.
Easier to recruit at Arkansas than Louisville.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

imtad16

I think Louisville wins this one. Lamar Jackson with the ball at the end will be hard to stop.

imtad16

Next1_04

jcbville

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on October 14, 2017, 02:31:29 pm
Yeah, would still take Petrino back. Dude can coach offense

Really shows with all the big games he's won too...he's a real genius. I like how he challenges himself by not playing defense too. He knows hes so brilliant on offense he has to give everybody else a fair shot.

imtad16

Anyone ever had Bojangles (ACC Network sponsor) Bo-Berry Biscuits?

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

snoblind

Next1_04

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Throat Slash.

Hire Petrino!

(notOM)Rebel123

Potosihog

(notOM)Rebel123

jcbville

PorkRinds

Down goes Bobby. Down goes Bobby! Two weeks in a row. How long before it comes out he's banging some broad and heads out of town?

toxichog

Louisville fans expected to make a serious run at the ACC this year........they are now watching their team totally collapse against weaker competition.  There is no comparison in talent level between BC and Louisville...........but Louisville has underachieved all season.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

Cubbie08

jm

Quote from: Cubbie08 on October 14, 2017, 03:38:30 pm
His team had no defense when he was here.
[/quote

The motorcycle wreck was probably the best thing to ever happen to him. He did not do enough recruiting or developing his last year or two here. The wreck let him leave as a hero before everyone realized how poorly the program was established for the future.

Hogvillage Idiot

Maybe we should make a run at the B.C. coach; he must be the next Nick Saban.
"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hog of steele

Indiana game was interesting. They played fast at times and spread it out. But they also had some solid defense. we can have both!

SugarHillGaHog

Quote from: Kevin on October 14, 2017, 03:29:13 pm
no defense.

Todd Grantham packed up and went to Mississippi State.  I didn't think he would stay with BP long and he didn't.

FutureMan

This outcome really isn't surprising.  He was successful at first because he still had Charlie's players.  Once they were all gone Bobby's poor recruiting caught up with him.  He will leave at the end of this year just like he always does and Louisville will be in worst shape than how he found it.  Sound familiar...?
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

Kevin

Quote from: SugarHillGaHog on October 14, 2017, 04:01:45 pm
Todd Grantham packed up and went to Mississippi State.  I didn't think he would stay with BP long and he didn't.

the guy from miss state went to louisville

JaketheSnake

SugarHillGaHog

Quote from: Kevin on October 14, 2017, 04:07:12 pm
the guy from miss state went to louisville

They traded?  BP came out on the losing end of that deal.

daprospecta

Does it make you guys feel good to bash the one coach that gave us the feeling that we could compete with anybody in a two year period and gave us our one only BCS bowl appearance?

sowmonella

Quote from: FutureMan on October 14, 2017, 04:06:41 pm
This outcome really isn't surprising.  He was successful at first because he still had Charlie's players.  Once they were all gone Bobby's poor recruiting caught up with him.  He will leave at the end of this year just like he always does and Louisville will be in worst shape than how he found it.  Sound familiar...?

That has been the pattern. Many at HV think he's a cross between Superman and Saban.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: daprospecta on October 14, 2017, 04:14:25 pm
Does it make you guys feel good to bash the one coach that gave us the feeling that we could compete with anybody except Bama, Ohio St, Cam's Auburn, etc. in a two year period and gave us our one only BCS bowl appearance?

Fixt
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

jcbville

Does it make you guys feel good to bash the one coach that gave us the feeling that we could compete with anybody in a two year period and gave us our one only BCS bowl appearance?

Yep

CDBHawg

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on October 14, 2017, 04:18:14 pm
Fixt

24-20 is competitive.
31-26 is competitive.
Cam's Auburn went 14-0.

Even if those are the exceptions, they sure beat Toledo and Missouri as being exceptions for being competitive in a two year period.

SugarHillGaHog

The man that not only embarrassed himself with his poor morals but his family and Arkansas?  Yep.

jcbville

Quote from: SugarHillGaHog on October 14, 2017, 04:23:40 pm
The man that not only embarrassed himself with his poor morals but his family and Arkansas?  Yep.

And has been mediocre at best since then losing to anyone worth anything and some worth less at times such as today while still being called one of the greats and a genius. He's a myth. Those 2 seasons were great but they were a flash in the pan and the totality of his career is far from exemplifying genius or greatness. 

FutureMan

Yes, because he is an amoral scumbag.
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

Wayne Watson

Quote from: jcbville on October 14, 2017, 04:27:01 pm
And has been mediocre at best since then losing to anyone worth anything and some worth less at times such as today while still being called one of the greats and a genius. He's a myth. Those 2 seasons were great but they were a flash in the pan and the totality of his career is far from exemplifying genius or greatness. 

There may be a reason he hasn't anywhere longer than, what, 4 years.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

CDBHawg

Quote from: jcbville on October 14, 2017, 04:27:01 pm

Just based on his coaching resume...

Great? Absolutey not.

But he is a very good coach. 113-46 proves that.

DoctorSusscrofa

I've heard that some coaches have used defense to win games. Is there any chance  Louisville could try that?
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: CDBHawg on October 14, 2017, 04:30:25 pm
Just based on his coaching resume...

Great? Absolutey not.

But he is a very good coach. 113-46 proves that.

64-33 in P5 conference seasons. Avg a little more than 8 wins and 4 losses a season. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 14, 2017, 04:34:42 pm
64-33 in P5 conference seasons. Avg a little more than 8 wins and 4 losses a season. 
So that means he wins 9 or 10 or more every now and then with some 6 and 7 every now and then.  Exactly what a lot of programs not being the top tier programs hope for. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?