Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BOT meeting

Started by parallaxpig, November 08, 2017, 07:14:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

snoblind

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 08, 2017, 07:24:23 pm
it says "light lunch"

I hope Pillowhead Jackson doesn't see this

Word on the street is Twist is going to be setting up shop outside the meeting hall with a trunk full of lobsters.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ricepig on November 08, 2017, 07:58:35 pm
It goes in reverse order of your listing.........

The Chancellor makes more than the Prez?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

ricepig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 08, 2017, 08:08:15 pm

Yep, Bobbitt makes $650,000 or so including benefits, Steinmetz makes $700,000.

Tweeter

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on November 08, 2017, 08:04:11 pm
Nope. Not over one season of not making a bowl.
I just respectfully disagree.

Marshfieldhog

Quote from: Tweeter on November 08, 2017, 08:10:09 pm
I just respectfully disagree.

Lot more going on here than not making a bowl one year. 11-26 in the SEC in 5 years and I'm sure the President will get the message about CBB and/or Long.

Rayzback

Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

Tweeter

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on November 08, 2017, 08:11:08 pm
Lot more going on here than not making a bowl one year. 11-26 in the SEC in 5 years and I'm sure the President will get the message about CBB and/or Long.
Now I agree with this.

snoblind

Quote from: ricepig on November 08, 2017, 07:30:01 pm
I did, I said would you please get me a beer while you're mopping the kitchen.

So that's how you got that scar.

Am I the only one that caught Center for "Irumanities"? 

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 08, 2017, 08:08:15 pm

ricepig doesn't know what he's talking about

WilsonHog

You will hear one of two things after the BOT meeting tomorrow:

(1) that Long's contract has been extended, or

(2) silence.

There will not be an announcement that Long has been terminated.

There will also not be an announcement made that Long's influence over who our next football coach will be has been curtailed.

If you think either is about to happen, have a few adult beverages to steel yourself for the disappointment.

swineology

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on November 08, 2017, 08:11:08 pm

If the BOT has to tell the Pres and the Chancellor that we suck, then our situation is worse than I thought.

BOT doesn't have the power that fans think they do. It's been pointed out in this thread and has been ignored.

Quote from: swineology on November 08, 2017, 08:20:14 pm
If the BOT has to tell the Pres and the Chancellor that we suck, then our situation is worse than I thought.

BOT doesn't have the power that fans think they do. It's been pointed out in this thread and has been ignored.

I think the problem is that many people only think of the Board when it comes to Razorback athletics. That is so far down their list of priorities. Which doesn't mean that they don't care, but it's not a top 10 matter for them. I don't think most people even understand the role of the board, and how many schools it oversees.

farmhawg

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on November 08, 2017, 07:42:48 pm
Why do you care what the BOT says. Hawgon and PRJ obviously know what's going on. You got Hardon spreading unfounded rumors about BB and PRJ wining and dining with the elite to get their opinion. What more could you possibly learn from the BOT? ;)
I hope you follow dumpling when he leaves. Would make me sleep better.....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

MrKlem10

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 08, 2017, 08:17:46 pm

(2) silence.

There will also not be an announcement made that Long's influence over who our next football coach will be has been curtailed.

If you think either is about to happen, have a few adult beverages to steel yourself for the disappointment.

We shall see... My source says different

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: farmhawg on November 08, 2017, 08:30:23 pm
I hope you follow dumpling when he leaves. Would make me sleep better.....
I hope he stays just to keep you up at night..I'll sleep like a baby either way.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: MrKlem10 on November 08, 2017, 08:34:06 pm

We shall see. Should be entertaining. History has not been too kind to source based claims here.  Good luck!
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

ricepig

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on November 08, 2017, 08:43:08 pm
We shall see. Should be entertaining. History has not been too kind to source based claims here.  Good luck!

My sources are saying that the situation is very fluid, like 2 jiggers in every cocktail tonight.

WilsonHog

Quote from: MrKlem10 on November 08, 2017, 08:34:06 pm

Let me be clear; I do not have a source.

Sometimes boards operate outside of their lane.

parallaxpig

Quote from: ricepig on November 08, 2017, 08:46:16 pm
My sources are saying that the situation is very fluid, like 2 jiggers in every cocktail tonight.

This is when the real work is completed.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: ricepig on November 08, 2017, 08:46:16 pm

My sources concur. The situation is as fluid as a Depend full of miso soup.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Piggfoot

Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

swineology

(2) silence.

This is what will transpire.

All the JL haters will break out their pitchforks and torches.

mckinneyhog5

Two things I can tell people and it won't make them happy..BB was NOT told he had to win so many games this year to keep his job. Of course that can be reevaluated at the end of the season but at this time there are no plans to fire him. JL will get an extension as AD and will be here next year regardless. The schedule is setup nicely next year and conditions will be placed on BB to achieve better results, minimum of 8 wins. He's not on the hot seat but will be next year. Sorry folks but that's the gist...
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

PorkRinds

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on November 08, 2017, 08:58:56 pm
Two things I can tell people and it won't make them happy..BB was NOT told he had to win so many games this year to keep his job. Of course that can be reevaluated at the end of the season but at this time there are no plans to fire him. JL will get an extension as AD and will be here next year regardless. The schedule is setup nicely next year and conditions will be placed on BB to achieve better results, minimum of 8 wins. He's not on the hot seat but will be next year. Sorry folks but that's the gist...

I don't really have a problem with keeping Long. Despite the crazy talk, he's probably safe.  If CBB comes back next year I'll start questioning whether Long knows what he's doing. 

swineology

If this comes to pass our fine program is worse off than I figured.

Bookmarked and will bump

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 08, 2017, 09:03:15 pm
We'll bookmark this one.
I have no problem with that..I don't speak with emotion. I don't care either way about BB staying but I'm also not the one making the decisions.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 08, 2017, 09:04:54 pm
If CBB comes back next year I'll start questioning whether Long knows what he's doing. 

That would be an understatement.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Razorback de Nosferatu

My God, who is your source? Jeff Long? Or do you you transform into a fly and hang out on his walls?

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on November 08, 2017, 07:37:33 pm
Folks just don't seem to get how boards work.
I know how boards work... my pappy blistered my ass a few times with one.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Oklahawg

No one on a message board knows what was said in CBB's last peformance review with Long. If the discussion found CBB acknowledging he had to make changes and that he miscalculated his way into a long-term fix then Long will likely see this year as a logically product of what CBB was predicting. (For those wanting the short version, it is a professional version of a 2-year pass. And, whereas Nutt was not doing anything different through the years leading up to the 2-year pass CBB has been modifying things trying to find a good formula for success.)

This is NOT an apology of CBB it is an explanation that if you are allowed a "plan of improvement" then the boss is obligated to allow that plan to play out...as long as it is played out as stated. If CBB said he'd do certain things and has done them then he is compliant.

One more year doesn't seem out of the question. And the situation is still fluid as we are still playing games.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

grayhawg

Quote from: Razorback de Nosferatu on November 08, 2017, 09:10:34 pm
My God, who is your source? Jeff Long? Or do you you transform into a fly and hang out on his walls?
That was a couple of weeks ago and things can and do change.
That was last week, and things have changed. If we lose these last three games and we very well could I think CBB is fired or "resigns" one way or another he gone.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 08, 2017, 09:26:45 pm
No one on a message board knows what was said in CBB's last peformance review with Long. If the discussion found CBB acknowledging he had to make changes and that he miscalculated his way into a long-term fix then Long will likely see this year as a logically product of what CBB was predicting. (For those wanting the short version, it is a professional version of a 2-year pass. And, whereas Nutt was not doing anything different through the years leading up to the 2-year pass CBB has been modifying things trying to find a good formula for success.)

This is NOT an apology of CBB it is an explanation that if you are allowed a "plan of improvement" then the boss is obligated to allow that plan to play out...as long as it is played out as stated. If CBB said he'd do certain things and has done them then he is compliant.

One more year doesn't seem out of the question. And the situation is still fluid as we are still playing games.
BB has explained his shortcomings and just like Anderson he is contrite and not arrogant. Both are respectful guys and that buys a lot of leeway. At this time he has the backing to possibly come back next year if certain conditions are met. I think he's back next year if I had to guess right now. There will be changes in the staff and a plan for improvement going forward.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: grayhawg on November 08, 2017, 09:28:43 pm
That was a couple of weeks ago and things can and do change.That was last week, and things have changed. If we lose these last three games and we very well could I think CBB is fired or "resigns" one way or another he gone.
I'm speaking as of today..of course it's not necessary to win the last three games, the effort will go along way in showing improvement in certain areas of concern. The players haven't quit and 1/3 or 2/3 games will solidify his position next year.

GoldCoastHog

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on November 08, 2017, 08:04:11 pm
Nope. Not over one season of not making a bowl.
Which "one season"? Looking at three of last six. Not the kind of batting average we're looking for. Especially when almost 80 teams go bowling these days.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on November 08, 2017, 08:49:52 pm
My sources concur. The situation is as fluid as a Depend full of miso soup.

Hmm...that's weird.  My source(s) have told me the situation is as solid as the day after a full brick of Velveeta. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

WilsonHog

I'm not sure I would want to come back to an already extremely difficult job, made more so by a fan base and statewide media that has almost totally turned on me.

Razorback de Nosferatu

Concerning staff changes, in the event CBB is back next year.

Kurt Anderson would be the logical choice, but given the circumstances, it'd have to go deeper and wider than that, right?

You'd think one of the coordinators would have to be scapegoated, but who?

Scapegoat Enos, even though offense (overall), till recently, really wasn't an issue at all?

Hire yet another DC?  At what point do we accept that maybe the soft identity on defense isn't the product of the coordinator?

"Staff changes" would almost certainly be underwhelming.

Davidr295

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on November 08, 2017, 09:36:27 pm
BB has explained his shortcomings and just like Anderson he is contrite and not arrogant. Both are respectful guys and that buys a lot of leeway. At this time he has the backing to possibly come back next year if certain conditions are met. I think he's back next year if I had to guess right now. There will be changes in the staff and a plan for improvement going forward.

hoofer

(2) silence.

pretty much disregard anything else this guy posts. Long is on his way out, that's a lot of what tmro's executive session will be about - finding out if Chancellor is in agreement with BOT's (7 - 8 votes against Long). Long will not have his contract extended. If they find out Stinemetz extended JL's contract things could really get interesting. JL has very little chance of being here after Jan 1.

cjack

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 08, 2017, 09:26:45 pm

Exactly. No one on a message board knows what was said in CBB's last performance review with Long.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

grayhawg

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on November 08, 2017, 09:37:41 pm
I'm speaking as of today..of course it's not necessary to win the last three games, the effort will go along way in showing improvement in certain areas of concern. The players haven't quit and 1/3 or 2/3 games will solidify his position next year.
We will have to let it play out. Lots of speculation going on right now I think he's gone

PorkRinds

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 08, 2017, 09:41:21 pm
I'm not sure I would want to come back to an already extremely difficult job, made more so by a fan base and statewide media that has almost totally turned on me.

Same here. If he has an out, he should friggin take it. It's not going to miraculously get better next season.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: hoofer on November 08, 2017, 09:47:00 pm
pretty much disregard anything else this guy posts. Long is on his way out, that's a lot of what tmro's executive session will be about - finding out if Chancellor is in agreement with BOT's (7 - 8 votes against Long). Long will not have his contract extended. If they find out Stinemetz extended JL's contract things could really get interesting. JL has very little chance of being here after Jan 1.
Shots fired! Shots fired!

urkillnmesmalls

Now that the "real" buyout number is estimated at around $5M, I'm more inclined to think CBB will move on (be moved on...hush, hush) after this season.  That's really a little more than a year's salary for him at his current level, and that gives him some time to re-evaluate, and start fresh somewhere new.  The UA gets a chance to avoid the revenue issues and bad PR an empty stadium will bring moving forward, and eliminate the possibility that they have to can him during the season next year if it goes really south. 

But...the flip side is... 

We've done so poorly this year, that his stock has likely dropped dramatically.  If they were to lose the remaining three games soundly, his only chance to remain a viable choice as a HC at a respectable level very well may be to hang on, deal with the fallout, and see if he can defy everything and have a good season next year...IF he's allowed to try. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Davidr295

Marshfieldhog

This.

Also I keep hearing of an easy schedule. I see a likely 0-3 SEC start right off the bat. Can you imagine the heat then?

grayhawg

Quote from: hoofer on November 08, 2017, 09:47:00 pm
Troll much? ;)

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: ricepig on November 08, 2017, 07:22:28 pm
Wrong, breakfast is first.

I know I never could fire a man on an empty stomach...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.