Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adams, Wright, Boyd, et al. we need you!!!

Started by schmeck, January 02, 2008, 09:36:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

schmeck

Watching the Cotton Bowl (and every other game this season for that matter), I've noticed that our WR Corps has to be one of the weakest in the nation.  I know that C. Dick is adequet at best and even that can be debated, but our recievers did not help at all.  None of them can get separation from the DB's, and none of them can catch the ball.  I watched several bowl games yesterday and saw WR's making highlight after hightlight.  When was the last time a Hog WR was wide open, and when was the last time one made a tough catch?

We must get top flight recruits like Adams, Boyd, Wright, and Williams in the program and SOON!  Paul Petrino needs to sprinkle his magic dust on the lot of them and hekp with the ones we already have on campus.

Does anyone have any new info on Adams or Boyd?  I know both are scheduled to make Officials to Arkansas sometime later this month.
Deny everything and make counter-accusations.

jim hog

We need them alright. UofA passing game isn't as good as our local high school.

hog_fan

WR's will be fine. They need quality coaching combined with practice time to work on it. I truly believe we will be fine. Ben should return along with Tuck. Crawford will have a chance to step up. Salters could be a sleeper. Fish will move to the bench. D J Williams should be solid as well. Combined those with new guys and we should be just fine. Paul Petrino is one of the best WR's coaches in the country. Even top Atlanta WR's liked the guy.

Bacon The Saddle Again

After watching Davie yesterday, I think DJ should have been playing a lot more yesterday.

jgphillips3

It will all be about talent when Petrino hits the field.  Those who can play will have their chance to show it and wide receivers won't be left on the bench just because they are poor down-field blockers.

bobcat ball

Where was DJ Williams with out Ben Cleveland he is far and away our best receiving TE we did not use a TE at all this season and a TE can be a very hard thing for a defense to stop especially if they use a LB to do it then the running game can be more effective.  BAD JOB OF GAME PLANNING YESTERDAY I AM GLAD THOSE COACHES ARE GONE.
WOO PIG

Razorvet

Brewerfan10

PorkSoda

Quote from: Bacon The Saddle Again on January 02, 2008, 01:03:09 pm
After watching Davie yesterday, I think DJ should have been playing a lot more yesterday.
I got nothing against Davie, he is a good blocking TE, but where were the receiving TE's?  I think I say DJ like twice all game.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

mbgrulz

what about rod coleman? that guy is one of the best athletes on the team. i bet the petrino boys can make something out of him.

VenturaHog

I'm pretty positive our WR corps are good its just that for 10 years we have practiced the run game 80% of the time, which will give you the results you see.

Grateful Hog

Its all about coaching. We have a decent group of recievers (Excluding Fish). Look at what Paul Petrino did with Roddy White this year in Atlanta. He had a breakout year and was the only bright spot on a terrible football team.  We are in for a treat with our new staff.

want2be

People that have seen Adams practice in Orlando said he could start on defense or offense next year.

I sure would like to see him at a DB full time with some playing time at flanker.

jpenrod1

I hope he agrees to play D. It is a lot harder to come by good DBs than WRs. He needs to be at PR and on O some too, but mostly DB.