Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When will Petrino announce staff?

Started by hog_fan, January 01, 2008, 05:42:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hog_fan

Tomorrow or Thursday

Petrino mentioned Jan 3rd today, but an arkansas spokesman has said Petrino would comment on staff Wednesday. Does anyone know for sure. What is point in waiting until Jan 3rd and not do it tomorrow. 4-7 is quiet period so hopefuly we bring some guys to campus this weekend

hog_fan

Why was this moved. it has to do with the hogs.

Coach Obvious

No idea why it's in here.

But maybe Petrino is waiting until the 3rd because there is a coach still playing on the 2nd.

Maybe this game?

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/bowls/fiesta

Hawgvillain

January 01, 2008, 05:57:20 pm #3 Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 05:59:18 pm by Hawgvillain
The only reason that I can think of as to why we would wait until the third is if one of our new coaches is coaching for WVU or OU (who plays tomorrow)...

It wouldn't surprise me if we try to get a coach from WVU.  Rich Rodriguez had a high quality staff there - and with him on his way to Michigan, it might be an opportunity to grab a good coach or two.

BigArkyintheRock

And in the 10th year, the Razorback faithful finally fired Houston Dale Nutt! Preach this, brotha!

If you want to eliminate the mental mistake - FIRE HDN! WPS!

Hawghiggs

Dr Swineglove

Who are the remaining question marks for staff positions? I think two defensive assistants are about the only people who haven't been accounted for - we've got the DC and QBC named unofficially, and the TEC and OLC penciled in, I think.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

hog_fan

Quote from: Dr Swineglove on January 01, 2008, 10:39:16 pm
Who are the remaining question marks for staff positions? I think two defensive assistants are about the only people who haven't been accounted for - we've got the DC and QBC named unofficially, and the TEC and OLC penciled in, I think.

That would seem to be correct.  Few different names rumored for other positions.

PigPusher

Quote from: BigArkyintheRock on January 01, 2008, 06:13:35 pm
Jan. 3

Yes, he did say January 3rd in his last interview.  He also said, during the Cotton Bowl interview, that he was preparing for a National Championship.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

Oklahawg

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra