Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will Compton / TB-Athlete

Started by want2be, December 31, 2007, 03:11:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

want2be

Does anyone have any information on Will Compton who Petrino is interested in  ??

He is listed at 6' 2" 215 lbs 4's............Sounds like a fit to the larger TB's that Petrino had at Louisville.

Maybe he is a backup plan for Schuler, who nobody has been able to reach.

Hopefully R. Davenport can give us an update.

The real Hogules

Will Compton can hardly be considered a plan "B" type athlete, as he's a four star, number 11 rated MLB in the entire nation.

He is projected to be either a LB'er or safety on the collegiate level.

Here's a link to his bio - http://arkansas.scout.com/a.z?s=10&p=8&c=1&nid=3114888
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

ListenHereMister

I think Dr. Tom Osborne visited this kid!!
Tim Horton offered him as a FB if I am not mistaken.

PorkSoda

what is it with offering 4 star LB's and turning them into back up FB's?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Hogs12

I think with the new coaching staff in place, we should try everything to get this guy. I know it says he needs to gets bigger but everything else about him seems pretty good. With a great Strength and Conditioning coach in Jason Vetkamp( sorry if mis-spelled) and a great workout Gym, he will get bigger. I really look forward in who the coaching staff tries to get this year.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 02, 2008, 09:14:40 pm
what is it with offering 4 star LB's and turning them into back up FB's?

You offer a recruit a chance at that position and if it doesn't work out you can relocate him to another useful position.  Most people don't recall how many D-1 programs wanted McFadden at SAFETY! 
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hogbody

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on January 03, 2008, 01:41:47 am
You offer a recruit a chance at that position and if it doesn't work out you can relocate him to another useful position.  Most people don't recall how many D-1 programs wanted McFadden at SAFETY! 

McFadden would  have made a beast of a safety.  He was pretty good at it in HS.
Better RB though!

old hog

Seems we had another one move from WR to DE a few years back. Anderson didn't turn out too bad.