Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach Petrino, do yourself a favor and call Michael Dyer

Started by swinesation, December 25, 2007, 01:05:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

swinesation

The DemGaz sophmore of the year, many people believe Michael was the best running back in the state this season. LSU already has the jump on the Hogs, and is Michael's favorite. However, if Petrino jumps on him and stays on him for the next couple of years, he should be able to lock him up. Many solid football people consider Michael to be the next McFadden, and yet Arkansas has yet to show any interest.

Here's a recent article on him:  http://www.nwanews.com/adg/Sports/211532/

Here's an excerpt:
"Dyer, the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette Sophomore Offensive Player of the Year, led the state in rushing with 2, 710 yards and 28 touchdowns on 279 carries.

Dyer's rushing yardage is the seventh-highest singleseason total in Arkansas high school history and a record for a sophomore."
-

The_Bionic_Pig

LSU is playing in the National Title Game -  I doubt he grew up a Tiger Fan.  At the moment Coach Petrino is attempting to assemble the coaching pieces to attract the recruiting pieces.   Tim Horton is very aware of Michael Dyer and I am sure he has made him a priority. 
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Tomhog™

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on December 25, 2007, 01:13:06 am
LSU is playing in the National Title Game -  I doubt he grew up a Tiger Fan.  At the moment Coach Petrino is attempting to assemble the coaching pieces to attract the recruiting pieces.   Tim Horton is very aware of Michael Dyer and I am sure he has made him a priority. 

what he said.  Petrino has his plate full trying to complete his staff and finishing up this year's class.

The_Hill

Michael Dyer is so in tune with LSU because he went to their camp and they completely butter him up. They took him to dinner and everything else the works. He ran a 4.32 40 laser timed at their camp, that is why he got so much attention from them.
John, I was first team All-State. I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I'll make it rain out here.

jrodell

I know Dyer personally and he ran a 4.37 at LSU and has been an LSU fan all his life. We can maybe sway him, but it'll be very tough. I saw him run for almost 400 in the state semi-finals against Vilonia. His speed, vision, agility, and toughness are remarkable. He single handedly carried that team to the finals as a sophomore.

Beaverfever

What's with these arkansas guys wanting to go out of state.  LSU?  WTH?

SquidBilly

Because, unlike most of us on this board, these kids grew up in the Nutt era of Razorback football which, like most of us, didn't excite them very much.

want2be

It would be nice if Petrino could go see him play next year

jgphillips3

We have all of next year and most of the following year to make an impression on the kid.  I would agree that contact needs to be made but there are more pressing issues right now regarding this current class.

HogFanInBigD

Callin Woo Pig From Big D!

SquidBilly

For a RB 5'9 is not a bad thing.  Allows them to keep there pad level low and also makes them a little shiftier.  Barry Sanders and Emmitt Smith were about 5'9 or 5'10 I think.  Now I'm not saying this kid will be one of those guys but being short doesn't hinder a RB like it does most other positions.

kimjongsqUeAl

Quote from: Beaverfever on December 25, 2007, 11:29:38 am
What's with these arkansas guys wanting to go out of state.  LSU?  WTH?
3 words: Houston - Dale - Nutt

the end.
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

The Boar War

Michael Dyer is a must get.  Barring injury he will be a great college runningback.  I hate to hear that he's an LSU fan.  Hopefully Miles will be able to take the polish off of some of that LSU tradition.

jpenrod1

Quote from: ATLpiggie on December 25, 2007, 03:50:56 pm
Because, unlike most of us on this board, these kids grew up in the Nutt era of Razorback football which, like most of us, didn't excite them very much.

well unless you grew up in the 60's the Nutt era has been one of the best.

mykidsdad

Quote from: jpenrod1 on December 26, 2007, 12:32:55 pm
well unless you grew up in the 60's the Nutt era has been one of the best.

BS. The only excitement that Nutt ever produced was the excitement of seeing how he would screw up a game, or lead the band after beating Ole Miss, or tell everyone how he "called that play brotha" even though we know that it was a check off.

HogFanInBigD

Quote from: ATLpiggie on December 26, 2007, 08:13:04 am
For a RB 5'9 is not a bad thing.  Allows them to keep there pad level low and also makes them a little shiftier.  Barry Sanders and Emmitt Smith were about 5'9 or 5'10 I think.  Now I'm not saying this kid will be one of those guys but being short doesn't hinder a RB like it does most other positions.
i am aware of that. im just saying that the mcfadden comparisons dont work.

mcfadden is in the herschel walker/bo jackson mold-a freak athletically

dyer is a completely different player.
Callin Woo Pig From Big D!

SquidBilly

Quote from: HogFanInBigD on December 26, 2007, 02:05:55 pm

I agree with you that the McFadden comparisons don't work.  Just like Georgia with Herschel and Auburn with Bo I don't think we can ever expect to see another back come in that's comparable to McFadden.

jackflash

plenty of time on this kid. What to say BP doesn't come up with a back as good in the next two classes. Arkansas has had RB that have been good, don't think this will be a problem in the future.

BigArkyintheRock

Wow, laser timed 4.32 40 and only a soph?  Dude could have some serious sub 4.3 speed in 2 years!

With that kind of blazing speed, and if he can hold onto the football, Arkansas needs to recruit this guy BIG TIME! Hope we get him!
And in the 10th year, the Razorback faithful finally fired Houston Dale Nutt! Preach this, brotha!

If you want to eliminate the mental mistake - FIRE HDN! WPS!

swinesation

Believe it or not, even though he is very fast, he is a power back. His legs are already a lot bigger than McFadden's. His spectacular runs usually involved several broken tackles and carrying players an extra few yards. What I'm trying to say is that he is not only a flyer - he is a beast!

Stewie, I'm pretty sure Tim Horton has never contacted Dyer.

Razorvet

I read where he said he was a solid LSU fan. That Was B4BP. Heres hoping LSU gets embarrased in the NCG.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: swinesation on January 02, 2008, 03:28:46 pm
Believe it or not, even though he is very fast, he is a power back. His legs are already a lot bigger than McFadden's. His spectacular runs usually involved several broken tackles and carrying players an extra few yards. What I'm trying to say is that he is not only a flyer - he is a beast!

Thanks for the insight Double S (Swinesation) keep us updated as things come out.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: swinesation on January 02, 2008, 03:28:46 pm

never contacted?

good lord, gotta get in on that.

RazorBassin

This kid is definitely a must get.  I hope we can persuade him we are the place for him in the next 2 years.

RationalHog

Quote from: HogFanInBigD on December 26, 2007, 02:05:55 pm

He's like a Fred Talley with power.
"Nothing is ever as good as it seems and nothing is ever as bad as it seems.  Reality lies somewhere in the middle." - Lou Holtz

lumphog

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on December 25, 2007, 01:13:06 am
LSU is playing in the National Title Game -  I doubt he grew up a Tiger Fan.  At the moment Coach Petrino is attempting to assemble the coaching pieces to attract the recruiting pieces.   Tim Horton is very aware of Michael Dyer and I am sure he has made him a priority. 
Stewie, you delta folks are sharp as a tack.

Carl Lazlo

He is a MUST get.  All the tools to be the best back in the country.  Got the opportunity to watch him play monticello in the second round.  Dominating comes to mind.  Funny thing is, he was the best defensive player (OLB) on the field too.  Kid is truely a beast.  Hardly ever came off the field.