Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ginoboli-Waiters no call

Started by Atlhogfan1, May 03, 2016, 09:18:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlhogfan1

I think this is simple:  Ginoboli is probably the biggest flopper of his generation.  Officials are so used to his acting, I'm thinking the officials were of the mindset they weren't going to fall for it in that situation.  It was a foul - this time.  But Ginoboli and the Flopping Spurs have flopped, acted and baited officials into making calls so much during their era it finally backfired against them. 

What isn't understandable is why the media covering the story and discussing it are ignoring this Spurs' history and its effects.  The lead official had to address the no call and say it was missed ignoring a real possible reason why Ginoboli wouldn't get the call in that situation.  This again reminds me of how the NBA seems like the WWE.  Now there is drama and interest in the series. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Dr. Starcs

When's the last time Ginobili was fined for flopping?

The official missed it because the situation was too big for him and he had never seen a play like it.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on May 03, 2016, 03:55:54 pm
When's the last time Ginobili was fined for flopping?

The official missed it because the situation was too big for him and he had never seen a play like it.

Maybe.  Or he and the other 2 are used to Manu's antics and missed an actual foul because of his and the Spurs' past actions. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Dr. Starcs

I'll ask again, when's the last time Ginobili or any spur was fined for flopping?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on May 03, 2016, 05:58:26 pm
I'll ask again, when's the last time Ginobili or any spur was fined for flopping?

No idea.  They were a big part of the reason I stopped paying close attn to the NBA.  You will have to rely on someone else to answer that specific question. 

Dr. Starcs

May 03, 2016, 08:34:53 pm #5 Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 10:04:34 pm by Dr. Starcs
I'll answer the question. Never. Not Ginobili. Not any Spur.

But there have been many other teams and players.

Grizzlyfan

The refs missed 3 calls during that series of events before play ever got to the Ginoboli-Waiters situation.

Hogz87

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on May 04, 2016, 11:01:06 am
The refs missed 3 calls during that series of events before play ever got to the Ginoboli-Waiters situation.
Yep, and the first one they missed was Ginobili stepping out of bounds before the ball was ever inbounded.  That should've been a technical, a FT for the Thunder to increase the lead, and a retry inbounding the ball.