Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

two new transfers that will have to sit a year

Started by flippinhogmana, May 16, 2017, 01:44:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/WBB-Signee-Template-Gaulden.png

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – University of Arkansas head women's basketball coach Mike Neighbors announced the addition of transfer A'Tyanna Gaulden to the Razorback roster on Monday.
Gaulden joins Arkansas after her freshman season at Florida State. She will not play in 2017-18 due to NCAA transfer rules.
"Explosive, high IQ, great decision making guards are rare in women's college basketball but we got one to be a Razorback today," Neighbors said. "From the day that A'T announced her decision to transfer from Florida State, Coach Todd Schaefer was relentless in pursuit of reaching her and her family. Once we made contact, we made an immediate connection like no other that I have ever experienced in recruiting. Her mother, Zenochia Johnson, and siblings Un'Naka Gaulden and Roniya Wynn have provided a wonderful support system for her to grow into the leader she is. Her coaches Sherri Harris at Americus Sumter HS and summer coach, and Godfather, Rick Jones have mentored A'T into a fierce competitor and caring teammate.
"Although she will sit a year in residency as a transfer, she will immediately impact our program challenging Malica Monk and Devin Cosper on a daily basis," Neighbors continued. "A'Tyanna brings NCAA Tournament experience that is invaluable for those who have never experienced the tournament. She will remind Razorback fans of Brittany Vaughn, Cierra Ricketts, and Kamara Stancle. We are thrilled she is a Razorback."
The 5-7 guard is originally from Ocilla, Georgia, where she averaged 20.9 points per game, 7.5 assists per game, 6.3 steals per game and 5.1 rebounds per game for Americus Sumter High School. As a prep player, Gaulden was ranked sixth among all guard in the ESPNW 2016 recruiting class and was No. 23 overall. She was a five-star player who earned Atlanta Journal Constitution Player of the Year after her senior season.
In addition, Gaulden earned AJC First-Team honors in 2015 and 2016 while averaging 21.4 ppg, 6.8 apg, 4.3 spg and 4.6 rpg in her junior season. She paced Americus Sumter to a 29-2 record as a junior and the Elite Eight of the Georgia state playoffs.
As a freshman at Florida State, Gaulden came in off the bench in 21 games averaging 1.1 ppg, 0.6 rpg and 1.0 apg in 5.7 minutes per contest. She was 7-of 15 from the floor and had 22 assists.

http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics33/400/MV/MVNUXQAGSPBQVRR.20161011182238.jpg

2016-17 (FRESHMAN)
Became just the eighth Sooner to earn a spot on the Big 12 All-Freshmen Team ... Appeared in all 33 games and made 18 starts ... Ranked second on the team with an .811 free throw percentage ... Averaged 7.4 points, 2.5 rebounds and 0.8 assists per game ... Shot .379 from the field and .338 from beyond the arc ... Led the team with a .867 clip at the foul line during Big 12 play ... Picked up near double-double and rallied OU to victory on the road at Texas Tech (Feb. 11) with a career-high 18 points, nine rebounds and three steals ... Was 6-of-12 from the floor with a pair of 3-pointers to finish with 16 points in the second round of the NCAA Tournament at Washington (March 20) ... Scored 15 points on the road at Texas (Jan. 17) and became the first Sooner to hit 10 straight free throws in a half since 2011 ... Recorded 15 points on 6-of-9 shooting in OU's Big 12 opener at Kansas (Dec. 29) ... Led OU in scoring twice and had 10 double-digit scoring games.

PRIOR TO OKLAHOMA: Ranked No. 15 guard and No. 61 overall by ESPN Hoop Gurlz ... Played final two prep seasons at Sapulpa (Okla.) High School ... Scored 18.4 points per game and averaged 4.7 rebounds a contest during senior season ... Was named second team all-state after senior season ... Led Sapulpa to a playoff berth as a junior, finishing with 16.5 points per game ... Led Preston (Okla.) High School to a state championship as a sophomore, averaging 25.9 points, 10.0 rebounds and 5.3 assists per game ... Scored 52 points on 18-of-25 shooting against Tulsa Rogers during sophomore season ... Earned Gatorade Player of the Year honors as a sophomore and was named to the Oklahoman's Super 5, earning first team all-state honors as a sophomore ... Led USA Basketball's U16 squad to a gold medal at the 2013 FIBA Americas Championships.

Women's Basketball Videos:
Video Play
> More Videos
Women's Basketball Photos:
_37V6584.jpg
> View Gallery

Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

psycHOGlogist

Very exciting!

(But man, do we need some post players! I assume they're coming soon.)

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on May 16, 2017, 01:47:24 pm
Very exciting!

(But man, do we need some post players! I assume they're coming soon.)

well this year it might just be Williams, Thomas, Swenson and Weaver (6-1 soph, 6-1 frosh, 6-1 junior and 6-3 freshman).

We will just have to cut them off at the pass with the guards.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

yraciv

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=211059247

Ya'll could post a name and not make people dig. Looks like we're going to have a pretty good backcourt duo.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: yraciv on May 16, 2017, 02:16:31 pm

Ya'll could post a name and not make people dig. Looks like we're going to have a pretty good backcourt duo.

haha, maybe we like a little mystery, besides she isnt announced yet.  I dont want us to run afoul of any NCAA rules.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: yraciv on May 16, 2017, 02:16:31 pm

And yes we will be really deep in the backcourt next year, not this fall, but next year.  The front court hower could use a couple of 'center' pieces.

psycHOGlogist

Here is an interesting piece about her early commitment. Like Roshunda Johnson, now at Miss St., Dungee had committed very early to OK State, but when their coaches died in the plane crash (they were flying home from visiting Johnson), unlike Johnson, Dungee re-opened her commitment. Seem like good people.

http://www.espn.com/espnw/news-commentary/article/9636934/hoopgurlz-oklahoma-sooners-recruit-chelsea-dungee-finds-new-home-oklahoma-state-tragedy;

GoPigs69

Quote from: flippinhogmana on May 16, 2017, 02:18:52 pm
haha, maybe we like a little mystery, besides she isnt announced yet.  I dont want us to run afoul of any NCAA rules.

I don't think message board speculation violates any NCAA rules! :)

flippinhogmana

Quote from: GoPigs69 on May 16, 2017, 03:03:02 pm
I don't think message board speculation violates any NCAA rules! :)

one hopes, but one just making sure, two, I still like a little mystery!

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on May 16, 2017, 02:34:27 pm
Here is an interesting piece about her early commitment. Like Roshunda Johnson, now at Miss St., Dungee had committed very early to OK State, but when their coaches died in the plane crash (they were flying home from visiting Johnson), unlike Johnson, Dungee re-opened her commitment. Seem like good people.

http://www.espn.com/espnw/news-commentary/article/9636934/hoopgurlz-oklahoma-sooners-recruit-chelsea-dungee-finds-new-home-oklahoma-state-tragedy;

Fayetteville is nearly as close to Preston (about a 100 miles), as Preston it is to Norman (about 90 miles)  or Stillwater (about 60 miles).  I might help that she has now ruled out both of the others and that we were one of the first ones to offer.  I hope Fayetteville is much more to her liking.  But if she had committed back then we might be losing her now.

hawg1221

According to her twitter account, it's a done deal.  Chelsea Dungee apparently has committed to the University of Arkansas.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: Richard Davenport on May 16, 2017, 04:26:24 pm
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/may/16/nieghbors-adds-another-highly-regarded-transfer/

Thanks for alerting us and for gracing our humble room!  I appreciate your reporting in all sports!  I know you have plenty on your plate.  It would be nice to get some more reporting in general on women's sports but the recruiting sites aren't as developed, etc.  It would be though.  Thanks again for the piece and for all you do..

flippinhogmana

May 16, 2017, 04:35:47 pm #14 Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 05:07:43 pm by flippinhogmana
Welcome to the hogs to both of you.  And to you Chelsea, not bad for a Preston girl!  I hope great things for you in Fayetteville.

hawg1221

Quote from: flippinhogmana on May 16, 2017, 04:32:49 pm
Thanks for alerting us and for gracing our humble room!  I appreciate your reporting in all sports!  I know you have plenty on your plate.  It would be nice to get some more reporting in general on women's sports but the recruiting sites aren't as developed, etc.  It would be though.  Thanks again for the piece and for all you do..
What?  I get no love? :-)

flippinhogmana

Quote from: hawg1221 on May 16, 2017, 05:01:19 pm
What?  I get no love? :-)

Okay just a schoch. But then you arent a Richard Davenport either! 

I think several of us knew about it already anyway though Hawg.  When you hear the hogs 'feel good' about a player, its too soon to announce it.  When guys like RD start writing about it (as careful as he generally is) then its much more probable, maybe even a done deal. 

rolyat_2008

The 15 spots are now currently filled. What other than Wilson's decision could open more spots? Ratliff?

hawg1221

I just wish these transfers could play next year.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: rolyat_2008 on May 16, 2017, 05:17:18 pm
The 15 spots are now currently filled. What other than Wilson's decision could open more spots? Ratliff?

Ratliff wont be with the basketball team next year, so that's one more, if Wilson leaves that's two (one for miss Morris and another big girl?)

Posted by: hawg1221
« on: Today at 05:24:10 pm » Insert Quote

Dont we all!

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: flippinhogmana on May 16, 2017, 06:15:45 pm
Ratliff wont be with the basketball team next year, so that's one more, if Wilson leaves that's two (one for miss Morris and another big girl?)

Posted by: hawg1221
« on: Today at 05:24:10 pm » Insert Quote

Dont we all!

Let's do this in an organized way. Presuming that everyone returns that has not announced a departure. (I am assuming that Ratliff's departure is real.) The numbers available are as of today.

2017/18 scholarships (presumably) - 1-2 available
M. Monk - Jr
K. Swenson - Jr
K. Williams - So
J. Mason - So
S. Stout - So
D. Cosper - Sr
B. Zimmerman - Jr
M. Weaver - Fr
G. Spangler - Fr
T. Thomas - Fr
R. Northcross-Baker TR-Jr
A. Gaulden* - RS
C. Dungee* - RS
A. Wilson^ - So

2018/2019 scholarships - 2-3 available
M. Monk - Sr
K. Swenson - Sr
K. Williams - Jr
J. Mason - Jr
S. Stout - Jr
B. Zimmerman - Sr
M. Weaver - So
G. Spangler - So
T. Thomas - So
R. Northcross-Baker - TR-Sr
A. Gaulden - RS-So
C. Dungee - RS-So
A. Wilson^ - Jr

2019/2020 scholarships - 6/7 available
K. Williams - Sr
J. Mason - Sr
S. Stout - Sr
M. Weaver - Jr
G. Spangler - Jr
T. Thomas - Jr
A. Gaulden - RS-Jr
C. Dungee - RS-Jr
A. Wilson^ - Sr

*Sitting out due to NCAA transfer rule
^May transfer/still up in the air

Birminghog

Quote from: flippinhogmana on May 16, 2017, 01:57:49 pm
well this year it might just be Williams, Thomas, Swenson and Weaver (6-1 soph, 6-1 frosh, 6-1 junior and 6-3 freshman).

We will just have to cut them off at the pass with the guards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQvu4H3BXM8

flippinhogmana

May 17, 2017, 05:58:35 am #22 Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 06:15:47 am by flippinhogmana
Quote from: Richard Davenport on May 16, 2017, 04:26:24 pm
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/may/16/nieghbors-adds-another-highly-regarded-transfer/

Here is one more line in that story from coach neighbors (at least on the school site).  Interesting to who he compares her too.  Interesting that she wore number 33 at OU (Melissa Wolff's number) She plays a very similar role to Wilson just in case you are asking.  She will be a very welcome addition to Monk and Gaulden in the lineup next year.

Note this as well:  Was 6-of-12 from the floor with a pair of 3-pointers to finish with 16 points in the second round of the NCAA Tournament at Washington (March 20)   Mike has seen her in action!

And here is her pic (and presumably her number) in a hog uni!

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/WBB-Signee-Dungee2.png

flippinhogmana

I believe I am correct in saying that the transfers can practice with the team.  That being said  if the second unit has gaulden and dungee and Thomas on it, they might just beat the starters.  Should be interesting practices.

LadybackBBFan

Players are allowed to practice while red shirting as transfers.  Looking at the roster, we are guard heavy - especially is Wilson stays.  We will have to play a 3 guard lineup in both the next two years with 9 guards on the roster and 5 forwards/posts.  I doubt that we will sign any guards next year unless they are a 5* can't miss even if Wilson decides to leave.  Based upon MN limited use of his bench this year at Washington, some guards will not get much if any playing time.  It will be interesting to watch who emerges under his guidance. 

flippinhogmana

Quote from: LadybackBBFan on May 17, 2017, 07:42:21 am
Players are allowed to practice while red shirting as transfers.  Looking at the roster, we are guard heavy - especially is Wilson stays.  We will have to play a 3 guard lineup in both the next two years with 9 guards on the roster and 5 forwards/posts.  I doubt that we will sign any guards next year unless they are a 5* can't miss even if Wilson decides to leave.  Based upon MN limited use of his bench this year at Washington, some guards will not get much if any playing time.  It will be interesting to watch who emerges under his guidance.

MN used a three guard, one forward (Okafor) and a center (Collier) at Washington last year. 

Dungee will likely play as a true guard/forward (she has guard skills and is physical, a baller), I think that MM will be the point guard, and that Mason/Gaulden/and the new JC transfer will play the off guard with both Mason and Gaulden subbing for MM. 

I think Swenson/Williams/Thomas will play the four, and Weaver fill try to fill the five spot (being subbed for my Williams and Thomas and depending on new commitments at that position).   

Not sure where Spangler/Stout/Zimmerman play (I think most of them are three types also), probably depends on who's hot, fouls, and on match-ups.  I also wont be surprised to see some four guard lineups at times with Dungee playing the four, and Thomas or Williams playing the five and Swenson/Zimmerman on the wing in the three.

I think it will certainly be up tempo and that we will see a half-court offense for the first time in four years.

LadybackBBFan

I think it will certainly be up tempo and that we will see a half-court offense for the first time in four years.

We did not have a good offense under Collen.  A lot of dribbling by Rickets and then Berna.  I remember telling Niki that she should take over the offense also.  Remember we had a tremendous defense under her.

I think Swenson/Williams/Thomas will play the four, and Weaver fill try to fill the five spot (being subbed for my Williams and Thomas and depending on new commitments at that position).   

Not sure where Spangler/Stout/Zimmerman play (I think most of them are three types also), probably depends on who's hot, fouls, and on match-ups.  I also wont be surprised to see some four guard lineups at times with Dungee playing the four, and Thomas or Williams playing the five and Swenson/Zimmerman on the wing in the three.

Stout and Swenson are both too slow to play the three defensively.  Williams is not a four as she can not shoot from outside.  She is a good post up player, but of course needs more height in most games.

flippinhogmana

May 17, 2017, 10:11:35 am #27 Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 10:27:32 am by flippinhogmana
Everything you say is of course true coach.  Swenson is a true tweener and to some extinct so is Zimmer.  Swenson has the shot making ability to play the three, and has the length (arms especially) defensively for it, but not the mobility.  Simmer is a lot bet defensively in some respects (mobility).  It certain situations they could both do some damage from the outside even if they give up something defensively.  Both can make up some of their deficiencies with hustle.

I also agree with what you say about Williams.

We truly dont know what Weaver will bring to the table, especially as a freshman the first time she is exposed in SEC play. 

I do think that Mike will play more players than he did last year at Washington.  He had two dominant stars that pretty much locked down two spots and played the whole game.  he wont have that so much here his first two years (at least the first one). 

It should be an interesting year.  I wish Neighbors had been the coach when we were recruiting Mallory Vaughn the 6-4 girl from Collinsville that ultimately went to Arizona.  She would have made an interesting addition to this team.  Her mom is also a coach btw. 

I am not factoring in A Wilson because most indicators tend to point toward both Coach Neighbors and her having moved on, even if it isn't official yet. 

Next year will be an adventure-a lot of enthusiasm, some talent, not a lot of height, but you have to play with what you have, not what's in the wings.  Still we will be a better team, and we will win more. 

LadybackBBFan

I agree with everything that Flippin just stated.  One additional point - there are times when we will need to play Swenson at the 3.  That is when we are forced to play a zone against a taller much better rebounding team.  That is what we needed to do against Florida in our last game this year, but as I pointed out after that game, our coach did it in the first half after falling down, but was not smart enough to do it in the second half.  A coach has to recognize the matchups and use their talent to counter deficiencies.  JD never learned that.  I am sure that MN will do that.  However, I do not know what his defensive philosophy is.  Both Gardner and Dykes hated zones and never practiced them until they had to use them in the SEC.  There have been some very good coaches in the SEC who prefer zones - especially match-up zones.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: LadybackBBFan on May 17, 2017, 11:09:02 am
I agree with everything that Flippin just stated.  One additional point - there are times when we will need to play Swenson at the 3.  That is when we are forced to play a zone against a taller much better rebounding team.  That is what we needed to do against Florida in our last game this year, but as I pointed out after that game, our coach did it in the first half after falling down, but was not smart enough to do it in the second half.  A coach has to recognize the matchups and use their talent to counter deficiencies.  JD never learned that.  I am sure that MN will do that.  However, I do not know what his defensive philosophy is.  Both Gardner and Dykes hated zones and never practiced them until they had to use them in the SEC.  There have been some very good coaches in the SEC who prefer zones - especially match-up zones.

the way I was always taught and subsequently taught zone defenses Is that they are inherently 'match-up' defenses.  You dont just stay in your area but once a player moves into your area you take her woman to woman and stay with her like you would a 'man' defense until she moves well our of your area, or until you have to let her go because you have to cover someone else moving into your zone. 

A lot of people didnt use to use screens in a zone in the past, but thats no longer true, so you have to fight through screens in a zone now at least to some limited extinct.  When zones were first employed the typical defeat for them was ball movement, but now you see limited driving and kick outs as well as screens.

In a man you have sole responsibility (until at least you have to switch) for one player.  In a zone you have shared responsibility, you dont 'chase' as much, but that doesn't mean you dont work as hard.  A zone where the players communicate and cover for each other as they have to extend the zone, works just as hard and is just as effective if not more so that a man defense.

I think I prefer it most of the time because you can actually attack the strengths of the opposing team better.  I remember commenting last year as well Coach that I would have went to a box and one or triangle and two in a couple of games that JD just didnt seem able to employ.

Some teams make it hard for you though.  For example Washington.  If you do a box and one (one taking Plum all over the court in a man) you still have to deal with Okafor because in effect a box and one makes it easier for her to operate.   I used man a lot of the time, but I always used the particular zone that applied when we were out-manned especially down low.   The idea is when you use a zone thought is to keep switching it so they can attack it as effectively.  The idea of a zone is to limit the damage their best players can do and to make their lesser players beat you. 

Whatever defense you use, there is a strategy to defeat it.  But a lot of the time it comes down to personnel.  Sometimes a coach can know how to defeat a particular zone (or any defense for that matter) but they may not have the athletes with the skills to get it done.  But imho that wasn't JD's problem last year.  We would have won several more games last year with more effective coaching. 

Youngsta71701

Quote from: flippinhogmana on May 17, 2017, 05:58:35 am
Here is one more line in that story from coach neighbors (at least on the school site).  Interesting to who he compares her too.  Interesting that she wore number 33 at OU (Melissa Wolff's number) She plays a very similar role to Wilson just in case you are asking.  She will be a very welcome addition to Monk and Gaulden in the lineup next year.

Note this as well:  Was 6-of-12 from the floor with a pair of 3-pointers to finish with 16 points in the second round of the NCAA Tournament at Washington (March 20)   Mike has seen her in action!

And here is her pic (and presumably her number) in a hog uni!

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/WBB-Signee-Dungee2.png
Ok, let me go ahead and address the elephant in the room. Damn she fine! Now, that's out the way. ;D
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on May 17, 2017, 02:36:09 pm
Ok, let me go ahead and address the elephant in the room. Damn she fine! Now, that's out the way. ;D

Man, you beat me to it, haha. I'm waiting for the Ladybacks pin up calendar. One more reason Macon and Barford are glad they came back.
Hogs up! Covid down!

GoPigs69

Could we possibly avoid the sexist remarks and judging our women's players by their appearance. That's pretty pathetic.

You don't find women doing that in the men's forums.

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: GoPigs69 on May 18, 2017, 08:18:06 am
Could we possibly avoid the sexist remarks and judging our women's players by their appearance. That's pretty pathetic.

LadybackBBFan

Your moderator agrees.  Any further comments will be deleted.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: LadybackBBFan on May 18, 2017, 08:38:14 am
   Your moderator agrees.  Any further comments will be deleted.

Not sure why women spend so much time on their appearance and seem offended if someone notices but ok, you're the boss.
Hogs up! Covid down!

flippinhogmana

The proper identification of the remark isn't sexist, its worldly and shallow.  It is just simply looking at the outward appearance, not the heart or the skill.  No one, male or female or any race or creed wants to be minimized to just being appraised for their outward appearance or in any other way. 

I am thankful for all our new commits and transfers.  I celebrate their work, their heart, their intelligence and their attitudes of not giving up even if they have had to look elsewhere to find a team and coach that lets them seek fulfilling their dreams.  May they all be of one heart and mind form this day forward.   

GoPigs69

Quote from: flippinhogmana on May 18, 2017, 09:54:36 am
The proper identification of the remark isn't sexist, its worldly and shallow.  It is just simply looking at the outward appearance, not the heart or the skill.  No one, male or female or any race or creed wants to be minimized to just being appraised for their outward appearance or in any other way. 

I am thankful for all our new commits and transfers.  I celebrate their work, their heart, their intelligence and their attitudes of not giving up even if they have had to look elsewhere to find a team and coach that lets them seek fulfilling their dreams.  May they all be of one heart and mind form this day forward.   

I couldn't agree more - thanks for the added commentary.

FineAsSwine

Worldly and shallow, that's what I think of when I see all those old videos of girls screaming, sobbing and chasing after the Beatles and nowadays, Bieber.

All I said was she was an attractive lady but hey my wife thinks Dusty Hannahs is a nice looking guy but that doesn't mean she doesn't notice all of the three pointers he was hitting.

Lighten up o' ye righteous ones and go Ladybacks.  :razorback:
Hogs up! Covid down!

flippinhogmana

Quote from: FineAsSwine on May 18, 2017, 11:09:22 am
Worldly and shallow, that's what I think of when I see all those old videos of girls screaming, sobbing and chasing after the Beatles and nowadays, Bieber.

All I said was she was an attractive lady but hey my wife thinks Dusty Hannahs is a nice looking guy but that doesn't mean she doesn't notice all of the three pointers he was hitting.

Lighten up o' ye righteous ones and go Ladybacks.  :razorback:

Not trying to be pejorative or preachy, Fine, but hey I didnt draw attention to the subject.  The point I made is not that I don't celebrate the beauty of a woman or a man, but that I am whole enough that I am not blinded or overly obsessed with just one facet of a person's being.  I am not threatened or enticed by beauty, anymore than I am with intelligence.  When I really say and feel wow, is when they are all things, and yet dont act like God's gift to humanity.  That is very rare indeed (for fans, too). 

FineAsSwine

I really like how CMN has come in and landed some really, really good players to build with. As tough as the SEC is, we won't be in contention but I think we start to make some moves and have some momentum by the end of year three. Gonna be fun watching the development of this team.
Hogs up! Covid down!

hawg1221

Yes. The program was left in disarray for CMN. If he can recruit this well this year, I can only imagine how well he could recruit once he gets his stamp on this program.

flippinhogmana

It may very well be that is the extinct of new personnel for this year, and not bad either!  I think we will see the third assistant named this week.  Hogs 63 and Psych tell me we will 'love' her. 

brs_hogfan

Maybe we will hear about Aaliyah Wilson soon now that U19 USA basketball trials have concluded (she did not make the roster although Christyn Williams did).

rolyat_2008

Quote from: flippinhogmana on May 21, 2017, 11:48:52 am
It may very well be that is the extinct of new personnel for this year, and not bad either!  I think we will see the third assistant named this week.  Hogs 63 and Psych tell me we will 'love' her.
Oh... tell me more

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: brs_hogfan on May 21, 2017, 01:52:56 pm
Maybe we will hear about Aaliyah Wilson soon now that U19 USA basketball trials have concluded (she did not make the roster although Christyn Williams did).
So Williams has another year left.
I know Hogs aren't in her Final 5 choices.
But that was also before the recent coaching change and new developments.
Any possible way anyone sees a change of heart from her over the next few months?

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on May 22, 2017, 12:34:31 pm
So Williams has another year left.
I know Hogs aren't in her Final 5 choices.
But that was also before the recent coaching change and new developments.
Any possible way anyone sees a change of heart from her over the next few months?

Honestly, no. I am sure we are going to try, but I think she is set on going out of state.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on May 22, 2017, 12:55:37 pm
Honestly, no. I am sure we are going to try, but I think she is set on going out of state.
Those are my thoughts as well.
I fear too much water has already passed under the bridge and sealed thoughts in her head.
But I do think there will be some consideration, slowly, to considering UA. Right now? No. But later, I think she will think about it again.
I'm sure Neighbors will contact her first opportunity and give it a shot.

It's said to consider how good UA women's basketball could have been all these years with so many talented girl players that have played in this state.
Arkansas is setup fairly well, both men and women. Ark is a small state, but it produces enough great basketball players to field very good SEC teams....if you can just keep them here.

psycHOGlogist

Well, Williams has added a sixth school back to her list, but it ain't us. She is again considering Texas.

http://www.scout.com/college/tennessee/story/1779895-christyn-williams-chats-with-it

However, I don't believe for a second that the decision to drop Arkansas has any relationship to Dykes' "resignation," as stated in the article, since I think she dropped us well before he "resigned." (FTR - I know she announced after the Dykes announcement, but I think the writing was on the wall back in the fall.)

FineAsSwine

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on May 23, 2017, 10:56:29 pm
Well, Williams has added a sixth school back to her list, but it ain't us. She is again considering Texas.

http://www.scout.com/college/tennessee/story/1779895-christyn-williams-chats-with-it

However, I don't believe for a second that the decision to drop Arkansas has any relationship to Dykes' "resignation," as stated in the article, since I think she dropped us well before he "resigned." (FTR - I know she announced after the Dykes announcement, but I think the writing was on the wall back in the fall.)

She is more highly rated than Malik Monk was in high school so it hurts that she doesn't even list us but on the other hand it keeps us from wasting time when we never had a shot.

Didn't crush the men's team when Monk chose to go elsewhere and I think it will play out the same with this one. Besides, CMN is wasting no time getting some great talent in here at her position.

Also, part of her consideration is finding a place that is "Christian based". Not sure if she has noticed what goes on at Texas and Baylor.
Hogs up! Covid down!