Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"Massive brawl" at World Baseball Classic (USA UPDATE!)

Started by dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya, March 09, 2013, 06:29:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

PorcineSublime

Baseball fights tend to be nastier than BB or FB fights, but this one had a lot of punches landing. Then the fans got in the act and one of Canada's coaches got hit with what looked like a bottle. Pretty ugly.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

DOGALUM

A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

Ray Piggers

Great game.. You can finally see this team coming together. It took till the 8th inning today, but it happened.
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

Quote from: TaylorAlderson on March 10, 2013, 10:55:07 pm
Great game.. You can finally see this team coming together. It took till the 8th inning today, but it happened.

Yep, we could make a run

Ray Piggers

Looking GOOD right now up 7-1 in the bot. 8th on PR

Man, David Wright is a BEAST!

Quote from: TaylorAlderson on March 12, 2013, 10:19:23 pm
Looking GOOD right now up 7-1 in the bot. 8th on PR

Man, David Wright is a BEAST!

YEP!!!

gutshot

Damn, Craig Kimbrel was as off as I've ever seen him tonight. Breaking ball was weak and his fastball was missing his spots. That's not the CK we are used to seeing.

Ray Piggers

Yeah, it was reaaalllly disappointing to see that from CK.

Stanton has been awful, and having him in the 5 hole instead of Capt. America was tough. DW has to play tomorrow.

I have a friend who lives in the D.R. and she was telling me last night on fb that the whole country was shut down, all inside watching the game - when they won, she could hear her whole city going crazy....baseball is a religion down there.

Ray Piggers

There was too much fire power in that lineup to go out like that. Disappointing

Quote from: TaylorAlderson on March 15, 2013, 10:40:36 pm
There was too much fire power in that lineup to go out like that. Disappointing

I know, it sucks.  Maybe that will cause the powers that be to think about taking this tourney seriously and sending our best players.

Ray Piggers

Quote from: Notshavin on March 16, 2013, 01:12:10 am
I know, it sucks.  Maybe that will cause the powers that be to think about taking this tourney seriously and sending our best players.

They really need to. I know Bryce Harper and Mike Trout have expressed interest, but it's clear we need to take this thing more seriously.

Kind of irked me that Trout and other MLB stars would show up to WATCH, but not participate.

Quote from: TaylorAlderson on March 16, 2013, 06:18:07 pm
They really need to. I know Bryce Harper and Mike Trout have expressed interest, but it's clear we need to take this thing more seriously.

Kind of irked me that Trout and other MLB stars would show up to WATCH, but not participate.

Same here, but I would like to get some more information - like if they even had a say in the matter.

bsking

Many clubs won't let young stars play in exhibition tournaments.

Ray Piggers

The MLB should step in and change that. This has become more than just exhibitions in my eyes. It's basically the Olympics.. In baseball form.

And we wouldn't have even come close to getting a medal. That can't happen.

clutch

Quote from: TaylorAlderson on March 16, 2013, 06:18:07 pm

I'd love to see them play, but if I was in their shoes I can't say that I wouldn't have done the same thing this year. Especially if I'm Trout, where possibly the biggest payday in history is coming soon. I'd hate to get injured in an exhibition tournament before that day comes.

Ray Piggers

.. But do you consider the Olympics an exhibition?

I don't. This, I think, is on par with the Olympics, and should be treated as such. Look at the guys who played for the US basketball team this past Olympics. Yeah, in the wbc we had a lot of nice players, but we should have the best team every time we step on the field. Definitely shouldn't be the world no. 2

clutch

Quote from: TaylorAlderson on March 19, 2013, 12:19:13 am
.. But do you consider the Olympics an exhibition?

I don't. This, I think, is on par with the Olympics, and should be treated as such. Look at the guys who played for the US basketball team this past Olympics. Yeah, in the wbc we had a lot of nice players, but we should have the best team every time we step on the field. Definitely shouldn't be the world no. 2

The problem is, this is viewed nothing like the Olympics. In all honesty I guess it won't be viewed anything like that until the best players play. However, the problem is, the best players won't played until it is viewed like that. So I'm not real sure how you fix that. Right now, outside of hardcore baseball fans, it seems that the WBC  is viewed as a big joke.

DOGALUM

Ray Piggers

Quote from: clutch on March 19, 2013, 06:42:06 am
The problem is, this is viewed nothing like the Olympics. In all honesty I guess it won't be viewed anything like that until the best players play. However, the problem is, the best players won't played until it is viewed like that. So I'm not real sure how you fix that. Right now, outside of hardcore baseball fans, it seems that the WBC  is viewed as a big joke.

I hear you, and I guess I'm just a hardcore baseball fan, but until it's viewed on the same level as the olympics we will probably never win it.

Which is sad considering we invented the game.

clutch

Quote from: TaylorAlderson on March 19, 2013, 09:42:07 pm
I hear you, and I guess I'm just a hardcore baseball fan, but until it's viewed on the same level as the olympics we will probably never win it.

Which is sad considering we invented the game.

Yeah it sucks. I love the WBC, but I realize that I'm in the minority and the majority of the country will never view it the same. Which is what it would take to get most of the stars to play I think.

clutch

I think the big thing here is really the added games. Baseball players already have an extremely long season. The last thing the players want to do is add more games, especially if they aren't getting paid. If you play the WBC and do well, you are playing close to 200 games. That's a ton of baseball.

bbates1

After watching this years classic, I think USA players are gonna get more involved.

clutch

Quote from: bbates1 on March 30, 2013, 10:46:12 am
After watching this years classic, I think USA players are gonna get more involved.

I don't know. I would have thought so after the others as well.

DOGALUM