Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

V Bama

Started by flippinhogmana, January 05, 2018, 11:53:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket23

Like to see more go to the boards on those long perimeter shots.  Need a stop here at 2:04 mark.

Rocket23

Alabama is just attacking more with the big players and going to the line.

flippinhogmana

tide with another call and back to the line, up by one, misses the first, and hits the second, hogs down two,
they call mason for traveling
Mn really needs ot light up these refs
tide scores inside and draws the foul on monk, ft is good, hogs down five wiht 1:19 to go
cosper drives and is blocked out of bounds, hogs in bund with 20 on the shot clock, monk drives and misses inside,
tide scores inside, tide by seven,sorry, sorry refs, its hard to beat 8 on five, I dont care what you say
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: Rocket23 on January 07, 2018, 04:54:30 pm
Alabama is just attacking more with the big players and going to the line.

thats true, but the fact is tht when the refs are protecting you, you get a whole lot more bold
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

cosper hit a ft to cut it back to a six point lead
and hits the second, five point game with 38 seconds to go
hogs foul (RnB) tide to the line, hits the first, and the second back to a seven point lead

flippinhogmana

bama doesnt deserve this win

Rocket23

They have more height and when you are shorter and try to block every shot, you are going to get fouls called.  And we are not attacking, look at the shot chart. 

flippinhogmana

cosper misses a three
tide bb, hogs foul
cosper with her fourth
tide to the line, hits the first, and the second, nine point games
swenson hits a three
six point game with 20 seconds to go
tide to the line
hits the first and the second, eight point game, monk drives and draws the foul, with 13.9 to go
monk hits the first, and hits the second, six point game,
time out bama

Rocket23

We are tons better than last year.  See can see Mike making progress.  It is actually fun to watch the Lady Razorbacks again.  And these ladies actually show more effort than the guys.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: Rocket23 on January 07, 2018, 05:01:36 pm
They have more height and when you are shorter and try to block every shot, you are going to get fouls called.  And we are not attacking, look at the shot chart.

cmon rocket, see what is there, what you say is generally true, and we have had our screwups, but when the refs start doing a job on you, its hard to keep your head, I have seen it before more than once

flippinhogmana

cosper fouls out with 24 points
12.5 seconds left bama misses the first
and hits the second, itde by seven, monk fouled and will go to the line probably to deny the chance for a three shot, monk misses the shot, and the second as well

flippinhogmana

tide back to the line, misses the first, and the seocnd, mason misses the three at the buzzer, bama should back up for this win and apologize for it.  these refs need to be fired

flippinhogmana

i dont think I recall a game where I have been as mad at the refs.

flippinhogmana

we defenently took a step back on this game.  Yes we should havent gotten rattled and we should have been able to overcome the officiating, but we didnt. 

BWS

That technical foul on Mason was garbage.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: BWS on January 07, 2018, 05:13:26 pm
That technical foul on Mason was garbage.

so was the foul called on the block by williams before it.  that four gift point to the tide when we had a six point lead and we starting to assert ourselves.  Its not just how many bad calls you make, its when you make them.  They got 15 more foul shots than us.  Despite our poor shooting we still had five more buckets than them.

Basketball fan

Same ole same ole....your not gonna beat a 5th grade youth team with 16 tu

Basketball fan

Same ole same ole....your not gonna beat a 5th grade youth team with the number of turnovers we commit..we beat bama at their place last year by 20 without danberry...freeman and devin having to deal with her family tragedy...this team would be horrible without cosper and monk...

Basketball fan

In response to rocket23...how can u justify that we are better than last year at this point when we let carolina torch us for 111 points and we only lost by eight against them last year and then we beat bama at their place by twenty ?? Keep telling ur self we are better......not yet as far as I can tell

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: flippinhogmana on January 07, 2018, 05:17:06 pm
so was the foul called on the block by williams before it.  that four gift point to the tide when we had a six point lead and we starting to assert ourselves.  Its not just how many bad calls you make, its when you make them.  They got 15 more foul shots than us.  Despite our poor shooting we still had five more buckets than them.
We shot 21 free throws for the game, they shot 25 in the fourth quarter.  We had five fouls within the first two minutes of the fourth quarter.  Referees were horrible the fourth quarter.  They had a fast break and Mason caught up with the drive and took the ball away from the ball handler when she still had the ball in her hands at her waist.  Both referees were behind the play and could not see the steal - yet they both called a foul on Mason.  Swenson blocked one shot and the ball came back into the opponents hands and Swenson blocked again - arms straight up.  They called a foul.  It was like that the first four or five minutes of the fourth quarter.

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: Basketball fan on January 07, 2018, 05:36:56 pm
Same ole same ole....your not gonna beat a 5th grade youth team with the number of turnovers we commit..we beat bama at their place last year by 20 without danberry...freeman and devin having to deal with her family tragedy...this team would be horrible without cosper and monk...
True our turnovers hurt us in the fourth quarter, but I think the referees took us out of the game.  Alabama had almost the same number of turnovers.  It was the freethrow difference in the fourth quarter that beat us - not the turnovers.  You forgot we beat Alabama last year with Jackson sitting on the bench the entire game for whatever reason our former coach had.  Maybe you should stick to band.

Rocket23

Quote from: Basketball fan on January 07, 2018, 05:42:43 pm
In response to rocket23...how can u justify that we are better than last year at this point when we let carolina torch us for 111 points and we only lost by eight against them last year and then we beat bama at their place by twenty ?? Keep telling ur self we are better......not yet as far as I can tell

Is that you Jimmy? 

BTW we haven't played Carolina yet, North or South...

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: Rocket23 on January 07, 2018, 07:35:31 pm
Is that you Jimmy? 

BTW we haven't played Carolina yet, North or South...

Don't bother him with facts. He's just mad that Sonny Jim isn't the coach anymore. Sour grapes.

BWS

Someone that compares scores from a previous season as a measure of how good a team is has little sense of how basketball is played. Its like saying UConn should have beat Miss St by 70 this past season and not lose to them after beating them by 60 in 2016. You want to compare something, compare the fact that were just three games into conference play and were only one victory away from matching our conference win total of last season.