Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gus Malzhan shouldn't even be a candidate....

Started by bighog77, September 23, 2012, 06:38:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bighog77

right now. He is not a proven head coach. Until he is a head coach for a few years then he can be a legitimate candidate. One good year at Auburn with the best player in college don't make you a decent candidate for the Arkansas job.  Beating up a FCS school is the best he had done so far. He got drilled against Oregon and Nebraska.  Until he does something notable he should not be considered any more than JLS!!!

RazorbackRon

Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

jkelly107

I seem to remember people saying similar things about Barry Switzer, Jimmy Johnson and Butch Davis. People always said the real reason we didn't take any of the above was because Frank Broyles didn't want his record surpassed.

Boog41

He's got more head coaching experience than Bo Pelini had when he got the Nebraska job...and the guy with the Florda Gators..... Just saying :)

bighog77

High school coaching vs College no comparison.  I guess we should consider Clay Totty and Mike Malhan also!!! Since they have a lot of head coaching experience!!!

bighog77

Bo Pelini and Will Muschamp has over 40 years combined of nfl/college experience.  Malzhan has less than a decade of college experience the rest high school!!

The Golfer

NO....and i dont like his goofy offence either.... :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:Just please move on to someone else!!!!

MountieDawg

Ron Zook, John L Smith, Houston Nutt, Jerry Dinardo all have a lot of head coaching experience... I would take Gus over them... I would prefer Saban, Peterson or Bill Bellechik... but none of those guys are coming to a team with less than 4 wins this season.
SEC!

MrThunderhog

Gus isn't a real candidate, don't worry. Jeff Long will not make that mistake.

On second thought, he is prolly at the very tippy top of Jeffs list.
What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' *******, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your ass.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: bighog77 on September 23, 2012, 06:58:11 pm
Bo Pelini and Will Muschamp has over 40 years combined of nfl/college experience.  Malzhan has less than a decade of college experience the rest high school!!

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444620104578008590551287874.html

Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

jimgenie

Quote from: Fatty McGee on September 23, 2012, 07:02:21 pm
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444620104578008590551287874.html
+1
Love this part...
Gus Malzahn, who is now Arkansas State's coach, blew up high-school defenses with offensive pyrotechnics until he moved to the next level in 2006 and won the 2010 national championship as Auburn's offensive coordinator.

Hogustus Caesar

I remember all the drama with Gus, tctwf, and the other stuff. Then the YouTube video of mrs. Malzahn during a conference and her comments on $cam newton. No way I want him here. Don't want to hear about how it worked with $cam, $cam can come visit during off weeks in the nfl. They can show him with all his bling in between plays at razorback stadium on the new hd scoreboard. No thanks. Pass.

"Mastering the art of discourse with the tenacity of a razorback and the eloquence of an emperor – HogustusCaesar, where discussions meet greatness."

Tim Harris

pigmania

Quote from: bighog77 on September 23, 2012, 06:38:17 pm
right now. He is not a proven head coach. Until he is a head coach for a few years then he can be a legitimate candidate. One good year at Auburn with the best player in college don't make you a decent candidate for the Arkansas job.  Beating up a FCS school is the best he had done so far. He got drilled against Oregon and Nebraska.  Until he does something notable he should not be considered any more than JLS!!!
Why don't you just say you don't like Gus instead of giving us the line of BS about his lack of experience. There are a lot of successful HC that were coordinators. Many of them haven't got a NC or been named coordinator of the year.

myriad_rocker

Butch shouldn't be a candidate, either, but he's the second coming of Jesus according some around here.