Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who holds the Hogs accountable?

Started by Adam Alter, September 24, 2012, 08:57:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam Alter

The Razorbacks continue to point to executions and attention to detail as the difference between winning and losing, but if a player's not doing his job, who on this team's holding him accountable?

"I feel like we need to do a better job of holding each other accountable, but at the same time, we do hold each other accountable," senior linebacker and team captain Alonzo Highsmith explained.  "The coaches do it but I feel like we have players on the team.  They all do a good job."

To read and watch the entire story, click here: nwahomepage.com/fulltextsports?nxd_id=368452

razorsharptusk

Obviously, no one other than the fans.  And we can't fix any of it. Some of the responses on here I'll agree are spoiled brat responses. But there are some that truly expect and want the best out of this football team. They express the displeasure they feel often. 

I know these are young men, but when I see laughter coming from the sidelines while taking a beat down, that doesn't set right with me.

Alonzo also said something to the point of "When we get where we need to be, we will be the team YALL are expecting."   This speaks volume's to me.  It's almost a "team against the fan's expectations" mentality.  Tyler said what he said for the fans because he knows the bar and expectations we set for them.  So, apparently, the fans are what is holding this team accountable, and that's just not going to cut it unfortunately.
GO HOGS!!

wachhog

This is ludicrous.  These are kids.  The only ones who should be held accountable are the egotistical maniacs responsible for this debacle--the big money boosters who think they own the team and their sychophants on the hill.