Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Updates from '19 Hog commit Justice Hill's weekend at Elite80 Camp in Dallas

Started by Kevin McPherson, October 23, 2016, 09:21:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

EngrHog

Thanks for posting. I haven't watched any video of Justice, but I had no idea he had that kind of athleticism, especially as young as he is. Even more excited for the future of Razorback basketball now!
Whether you think you can do something or not, you are probably right

Danny J

Quote from: Hogs1994 on October 25, 2016, 01:45:30 pm
Thanks for posting. I haven't watched any video of Justice, but I had no idea he had that kind of athleticism, especially as young as he is. Even more excited for the future of Razorback basketball now!
Could literally be the best player on campus in 20 years...that kind of talent. He has fire in him to.

hogwood

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: Danny J on October 25, 2016, 03:50:48 pm
Could literally be the best player on campus in 20 years...that kind of talent. He has fire in him to.

Slow your roll a little bit. I hope you are right, but let's not make him the next Todd Day before he even finishes his second high school year.

Let's all enjoy his development, but not get unrealistic expectations and be drastically disappointed.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on October 26, 2016, 08:53:46 am
Slow your roll a little bit. I hope you are right, but let's not make him the next Todd Day before he even finishes his second high school year.

Let's all enjoy his development, but not get unrealistic expectations and be drastically disappointed.

I like being drastically disappointed and I'm use to it.. so lets continue on with "he'll be the greatest ever", at least until he proves otherwise... :razorback:

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: Dominicanhog on October 26, 2016, 09:29:42 am
I like being drastically disappointed and I'm use to it.. so lets continue on with "he'll be the greatest ever", at least until he proves otherwise... :razorback:

Sound like a happy Hog fan then! ;)

The_Iceman

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 26, 2016, 11:45:52 am
Who does Justice Hill's game compare to?

He reminds me some of Lee Mayberry. Not as tall as Lee was, obviously, but a plus-athlete who is facilitator-first yet can score at all 3 levels when he wants to. Similar dribble-drive-into-pull-up-mid-range-jumper to Lee. Excellent footwork defensively like Lee. I can't remember a Hog PG who ran the show so well, so consistently at a high level like Lee, but I see similar traits in Justice Hill. Forget national recruiting rankings and measurables with this kid, he's a winner with high BBall IQ who has been "playing up" with kids 2-3 years older than him his entire life.

hogwood

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on October 26, 2016, 12:58:36 pm
He reminds me some of Lee Mayberry. Not as tall as Lee was, obviously, but a plus-athlete who is facilitator-first yet can score at all 3 levels when he wants to. Similar dribble-drive-into-pull-up-mid-range-jumper to Lee. Excellent footwork defensively like Lee. I can't remember a Hog PG who ran the show so well, so consistently at a high level like Lee, but I see similar traits in Justice Hill. Forget national recruiting rankings and measurables with this kid, he's a winner with high BBall IQ who has been "playing up" with kids 2-3 years older than him his entire life.

Sounds like the ideal PG for our system. Hill was the real instigator for this 2018 class, and overall Arkansas takeover. No doubt his dream is to bring a natty home with his friends. He now has a vision to work towards over the next few years and he should be very energetic and ready to be a star when he arrives on campus.

The_Iceman

When Hill gets here as a freshman, we will have  (assuming no one leaves):

Hill
Isaiah Joe
Desi Sills
Garland
Cj Jones
Hall
Bailey
Hazen
Henderson
Gafford
Reggie Perry

If that stays together, that's a deep tournament looking roster.

hogwood

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 26, 2016, 02:48:08 pm

Hill
Isaiah Joe
Desi Sills
Garland
Cj Jones
Hall
Bailey
Hazen
Henderson
Gafford
Reggie Perry

That is already a great roster. But now add 2 or 3 of the kids we are on for the 2018 class and we will really be ballin'!

The Hogfather

Hill
Isaiah Joe
Desi Sills
Garland
Cj Jones
Hall
Bailey
Hazen
Henderson
Gafford
Reggie Perry

WOW!

Hawg Red

Hill
Isaiah Joe
Desi Sills
Garland
Cj Jones
Hall
Bailey
Hazen
Henderson
Gafford
Reggie Perry

That would be remarkable.

songofthesword

Justice hill= think  Toronto's point guard.  Can't think of his name now

I've seen Moore he's a thoroughbred but the basketball skills aren't there yet.  A slightly more polished Adrian Moore.

Justice hill. Will be the best hog since Corliss he has that type of talent and doesn't have NBA measurable to be one and done.  If he grows to 6'2 or 6'3 you are looking at atop 3-5 pick. He will play in the league.

dboone11

Quote from: songofthesword on October 31, 2016, 02:59:38 am

I've seen Moore he's a thoroughbred but the basketball skills aren't there yet.  A slightly more polished Adrian Moore.

Justice hill. Will be the best hog since Corliss he has that type of talent and doesn't have NBA measurable to be one and done.  If he grows to 6'2 or 6'3 you are looking at atop 3-5 pick. He will play in the league.

Kyle Lowry?

I was thinking more of a mix between Mike Conley & Damian Lillard.  Good facilitator and can [highlight] finish at the rim.

A dominant PG is what we've been missing for years. 

Pig Papi

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 26, 2016, 11:45:52 am
Who does Justice Hill's game compare to?

His game is similar to a young Derrick Rose.  He can flat break down a defender or even two and get to the rim and finish.  He needs to work on his outside shot, which he is doing daily.

RazorAg

Quote from: songofthesword on October 31, 2016, 02:59:38 am

That's lofty, even with the time and if's.

I think his game is mosy like Tyler Ulis'.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: RazorAg on October 31, 2016, 10:18:01 pm
That's lofty, even with the time and if's.

I think his game is mosy like Tyler Ulis'.

That would be pretty good

songofthesword

He's more athletic and already bigger than ulis though I see the similarities

Dame  is a great comparison and probably most apt

Hawg Red