Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

High School Football?

Started by lamont7906, October 19, 2016, 05:14:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

lamont7906

October 19, 2016, 05:14:24 am Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 08:29:25 am by lamont7906
     I've been out of state for quite some time now ( a very long time) and have not been able to keep up with the high school football games. My question is wondering where do Arkansas High school play there championship games? The reason I ask, I was wondering have their every been an attempt to play just the championship games at Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium. If they are playing there already disregard this message; however if not why not the push to get the games there?
     The reason I suggest this is playing the championship games there would get kids that don't get a chance to travel to Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium often, a little more exposure to the stadium. Plus kids that play for the power houses in the state could possibly build a stronger bond with the stadium and getting a chance to play at the stadium could probably convince more kids to play football to get a chance to play at the stadium. In fact I believe doing this will basically be an unofficial visits for the football players. I don't know the regulations but could the whole team possibly take a tour of the school while they their?
     I might be wrong maybe it have been thought of already and against the rules of the NCAA but if not why are we not doing this?

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

The games are still in War Memorial in Little Rock. What you propose sounds good until you think of all the schools in south Arkansas that would have to drive 5+ hours to Fayetteville. I Don't think having the kids cramped up in a bus for that long is really fair to them.
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

TexHog188

War Memorial is a good high school championship venue.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

Rayzback

Wasn't Har-Ber vs Fayetteville last year in the 7a. Two schools in NWA so it seemed crazy to have to go to WMS. Har-Ber going to win it this year btw :)
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

1highhog

Quote from: Rayzback on October 19, 2016, 07:21:26 am
Wasn't Har-Ber vs Fayetteville last year in the 7a. Two schools in NWA so it seemed crazy to have to go to WMS. Har-Ber going to win it this year btw :)

How many schools in the other classifications that were in the finals were from NWA?  If all of them were from NWA I guess it'd be okay then.  But I'd bet a quarter that the UofA wouldn't allow that to happen anyway.

clutch

War Memorial is really good for the High School State Championships. Center of the state, so it makes it easier on both fan bases to show up and support.

ricepig

Quote from: Rayzback on October 19, 2016, 07:21:26 am

I guess Har-Ber is waiting until they get to WMS to play?

hoglady

Quote from: ricepig on October 22, 2016, 10:28:39 am
I guess Har-Ber is waiting until they get to WMS to play?

That score last night was very surprising.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Dr. Starcs

Hs football in this state sucks.

ricepig

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 23, 2016, 02:44:48 pm

I'm sure those who participate appreciate your attitude, lol.

Dr. Starcs

Lol, sorry. Still bitter over yesterday. I get 24 hours right?

ricepig

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 23, 2016, 04:37:40 pm
Lol, sorry. Still bitter over yesterday. I get 24 hours right?

Take as long as you need, lol.

Ben

Quote from: lamont7906 on October 19, 2016, 05:14:24 am
     I've been out of state for quite some time now ( a very long time) and have not been able to keep up with the high school football games. My question is wondering where do Arkansas High school play there championship games? The reason I ask, I was wondering have their every been an attempt to play just the championship games at Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium. If they are playing there already disregard this message; however if not why not the push to get the games there?
     The reason I suggest this is playing the championship games there would get kids that don't get a chance to travel to Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium often, a little more exposure to the stadium. Plus kids that play for the power houses in the state could possibly build a stronger bond with the stadium and getting a chance to play at the stadium could probably convince more kids to play football to get a chance to play at the stadium. In fact I believe doing this will basically be an unofficial visits for the football players. I don't know the regulations but could the whole team possibly take a tour of the school while they their?
     I might be wrong maybe it have been thought of already and against the rules of the NCAA but if not why are we not doing this?

Forget playing in NWA. Little Rock is where all state finals games should be. Its in the biggest city with more facilities and space, and the fact LR is in the dead middle of the state makes it very manageable for all high school teams in that nobody would have to travel more than 2.5 to 3 hours away from home. Plus Little Rock is the only "city" setting in this state. There is nothing in NWA but mountains. :puke:
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

clutch

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 23, 2016, 02:44:48 pm

It's getting better and better. Everyone is starting to do a lot more year around stuff now and it is showing. Most teams are now taking advantage of the spring practice period and playing 7 on 7 all summer. The only time off is really during December-March and most schools are running an offseason program during that period. There's a lot more emphasis on offseason programs now than there used to be.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: hoglady on October 22, 2016, 11:58:21 am
That score last night was very surprising.

Har-Ber and the Hogs switched places.  That's why both scores were as close as they were.

riccoar

I think trying to have the finals in DWRRS would be cool to at least try one year.  The baseball and softball finals are held at U of A, so the center of the state thing is moot.  How many of these kids make it to the championship game more than once in their 3-4 years?  Not many.

DeltaBoy

They are staying in LR.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

clutch

Quote from: riccoar on October 25, 2016, 10:20:04 am
I think trying to have the finals in DWRRS would be cool to at least try one year.  The baseball and softball finals are held at U of A, so the center of the state thing is moot.  How many of these kids make it to the championship game more than once in their 3-4 years?  Not many.

Way more fans travel to football state championship games than they do baseball/softball. That's where the center of the state thing comes into play.