Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Uh oh Arizona

Started by ADavisTheGOAT, February 23, 2018, 09:20:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ADavisTheGOAT

"Oh man.... the FBI got Sean Miller talking to DeAndre Ayton on a wiretap discussing a $100k payment. That comes a day after Allonzo Trier gets suspended for PEDs. Not good at all for Arizona Basketball"
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

WooPigFarm

If been hearing this today, "these schools didn't know what was going on"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHiD

guys I thought there wasn't evidence that shoe companies were driving players to specific schools
My name...is Jerruh

k.c.hawg

He looks a little stressed and schwetty!! His long time assistant is rolling over. They paid more than one player. Arizona was heavy on the radar from the get go in this investigation.....surprised they decided to play it out rather than suspend. My best guess is, no proof money changed hands.....just conversations.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

thebignasty

wish they'd have caught Calipari

k.c.hawg

the 4000 wire tapped calls are mostly the Addidas guys. Plenty more to come. This is the trickle to keep the story front and center for a long time. No coincidence that it is beginning to leak and get unsealed right before tournament time.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Arazorbackguy1

Resignation tonight or tomorrow?
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

hogsanity

Quote from: Arkansas Hog in Dallas on February 23, 2018, 09:35:30 pm
guys I thought there wasn't evidence that shoe companies were driving players to specific schools

No one said that. Some of you have reading issues. What was said was that in the reports issued this morning there was no mention of schools paying players. This latest yahoo article, which I just read, seems to show there was some of that. So much so that they called someone from IU during a game to ask them about it.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

RagingHawgOn

This is the first of many.

Adidas, Nike, etc.

Fun times ahead.

King Kong

I mentioned in another thread the NCAA wouldn't do much to these programs. However, if the FBI caught coach in the middle of these payments or a HC like they just did to Arizona. They have to be hammered

WMHawgfan

Why haven't these schools learned from the $cam Newton ruling? As long as you get someone that is not an employee of the university to deal with one of the kids parents without his knowledge then its all good.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Kevin

that is why calipari never gets in trouble but his program does. he learned a long time ago, that nothing is to reach his desk, or any communication device.

he always has plausible deniability

but we are seeing in all of this, the true character  of these coach. notice all these players are playing, & as of right now coach miller is still coaching.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: thebignasty on February 23, 2018, 09:36:26 pm

He has someone else do his bidding for him.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Some coaches know how to use Plausible Deniability better than others.

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

fullfan

IMO the over/under on sitting head coaches getting fired is 2.   No faith in the system no matter the facts.

maxhog5

Oh, it will be way over two although it will be "resignations", not firings.  Coaches will be paid to fall on their swords, then the NCAA will throw up its hands and say "we can't put everyone on probation, the coaches responsible are gone and we are cleaning up the system."

deserthog

I would be surprised to see Miller at the Oregon game tonight. I feel bad for the fans.

Hoggish1

Quote from: thebignasty on February 23, 2018, 09:36:26 pm

..already 

Take heart and remember that it's early in this breaking scandal.  Patience grasshopper...

LRrazorback

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 24, 2018, 06:45:01 am
He has someone else do his bidding for him.

And he's the best one in the business doing it, WWW.

Topcat

Quote from: LRrazorback on February 24, 2018, 09:59:50 am
And he's the best one in the business doing it, WWW.
Exactly. Been going on for a long time.