Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PBev to the Clippers

Started by greenEGnHAWGS, June 28, 2017, 11:15:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

greenEGnHAWGS

Due to the CP3 trade. Hate it for him that he won't be a part of that team in Houston.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Tusks

But he's got a good owner, Jerry West and a good HC waiting for him in LA, not a bad thing.  He has to live in LA but it's not forever.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: tusked on June 28, 2017, 11:21:49 am
But he's got a good owner, Jerry West and a good HC waiting for him in LA, not a bad thing.  He has to live in LA but it's not forever.

Maybe. I've just never been impressed with the new team around him. Always thought Griffin and Jordan were overrated. But I hope you're right. Hope he succeeds there. 
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: tusked on June 28, 2017, 11:21:49 am

West didn't do all that great when he worked for the Grizzlies. I will admit he didn't have an owner then with as big of a bank account that he has now.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

greenEGnHAWGS

I know I may be in a minority here, but I truly believe that Doc Rivers is also quite overrated. He seems to get tons of credit for winning a championship with the Big 3 in Boston, but when I hear him in timeouts, it always just sounds like he's a cheerleader, telling em all to keep pushing and keep going. No X's and O's.

It just always seems like it was CP3 who carried that team...could be wrong though. My wife tells me that I have been before...

ShadowHawg

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on June 28, 2017, 11:28:33 am
Maybe. I've just never been impressed with the new team around him. Always thought Griffin and Jordan were overrated. But I hope you're right. Hope he succeeds there.

I have felt like cp3 was a bit of cancer on that team. Griffin isn't overrated. Just think cp3 had him 💀 screwed if you know what I mean.

The Clips inability to get by Utah without Griffin was a taste of what the clips would be with cp3 as the focal point of the franchise.

RagingHawgOn

I think the Clips won that trade big time.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on June 28, 2017, 11:38:39 am
I know I may be in a minority here, but I truly believe that Doc Rivers is also quite overrated. He seems to get tons of credit for winning a championship with the Big 3 in Boston, but when I hear him in timeouts, it always just sounds like he's a cheerleader, telling em all to keep pushing and keep going. No X's and O's.

It just always seems like it was CP3 who carried that team...could be wrong though. My wife tells me that I have been before...
Same thing everyone says about mike Anderson  ::)
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

onebadrubi

Quote from: ShadowHawg on June 28, 2017, 12:51:11 pm
I have felt like cp3 was a bit of cancer on that team. Griffin isn't overrated. Just think cp3 had him 💀 screwed if you know what I mean.

The Clips inability to get by Utah without Griffin was a taste of what the clips would be with cp3 as the focal point of the franchise.

I've always thought CP3 and Doc Rivers were overrated. 

navyhog24

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on June 28, 2017, 01:41:22 pm
Same thing everyone says about mike Anderson  ::)

Exactly what I was thinking

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: navyhog24 on June 28, 2017, 01:51:41 pm
Exactly what I was thinking

Huge difference from College and NBA though.

Adam Stokes

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on June 28, 2017, 11:38:39 am

FWIW, stations purposefully don't broadcast when a team talks X's and O's.

sickboy

Quote from: onebadrubi on June 28, 2017, 01:51:11 pm
I've always thought CP3 and Doc Rivers were overrated. 

Doc yes. CP3... overrated? Guy basically averages 20/10 per game. I honestly think he's the best pure PG in the league. I think Westbrook is more productive, but I think Westbrook doesn't make his teammates better like CP3.

I think CP3 was the only real thing the Clippers had going. Jordan and Griffin are physically gifted, but they're not really versatile enough to win you a championship. I think they're overrated when it comes to building a franchise. They sell tickets with their dunks.

I honestly think Houston made out like crazy in this deal, depending on what the Clips do with that draft pick. Dekkar is nothing more than a body with little upside. Williams is 30 and super inconsistent, but capable of scoring some points for you. He's basically like what the Clips had from Mo Williams there for a bit. And Beverly is a good defender and a decent player overall.

The Clips are going to lose Griffin to free agency and with him gone they will have lost 40ppg and replaced it with around 25ppg. Unless they can manage to trade Griffin before he leaves for free agency and salvage something there.

Houston just got a guy who's going to give them scoring and make the guys around him a lot better. I don't think they have the depth to hang with Golden State, but Houston got better, for sure.

onebadrubi

Quote from: sickboy on June 28, 2017, 02:24:14 pm
Doc yes. CP3... overrated? Guy basically averages 20/10 per game. I honestly think he's the best pure PG in the league. I think Westbrook is more productive, but I think Westbrook doesn't make his teammates better like CP3.

I think CP3 was the only real thing the Clippers had going. Jordan and Griffin are physically gifted, but they're not really versatile enough to win you a championship. I think they're overrated when it comes to building a franchise. They sell tickets with their dunks.

I honestly think Houston made out like crazy in this deal, depending on what the Clips do with that draft pick. Dekkar is nothing more than a body with little upside. Williams is 30 and super inconsistent, but capable of scoring some points for you. He's basically like what the Clips had from Mo Williams there for a bit. And Beverly is a good defender and a decent player overall.

The Clips are going to lose Griffin to free agency and with him gone they will have lost 40ppg and replaced it with around 25ppg. Unless they can manage to trade Griffin before he leaves for free agency and salvage something there.

Houston just got a guy who's going to give them scoring and make the guys around him a lot better. I don't think they have the depth to hang with Golden State, but Houston got better, for sure.

Houston didn't lose games last year because of lack of offense, they couldn't stop anyone that could make shots.  They already have enough offense to destroy anyone assuming they can hold the opposing team under 125 or so.  CP is not going to help them that much defense since they lost two of their better defensive players and one being a first team all defense guy.  They also did not help their post play with CP3 which was another weak point.  CP3 is also going to take shots away from the established houston offense, it worked for GS by adding durant but often it does not work. 

colemjh

Quote from: onebadrubi on June 28, 2017, 03:24:56 pm
Houston didn't lose games last year because of lack of offense, they couldn't stop anyone that could make shots.  They already have enough offense to destroy anyone assuming they can hold the opposing team under 125 or so.  CP is not going to help them that much defense since they lost two of their better defensive players and one being a first team all defense guy.  They also did not help their post play with CP3 which was another weak point.  CP3 is also going to take shots away from the established houston offense, it worked for GS by adding durant but often it does not work. 

CP3 was also on the  NBA All-Defensive First Team as a guard.

onebadrubi

Quote from: colemjh on June 28, 2017, 03:28:22 pm
CP3 was also on the  NBA All-Defensive First Team as a guard.

Yes, but I believe that falls into the part of the argument that he is overrated.  I don't believe CP3 is as good of a defender as beverly. 

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: onebadrubi on June 28, 2017, 03:24:56 pm

The reasoning behind this (imo) is how the season ended this year for the Rockets. Harden...as great as he was all season...just ran out of gas and was irrelevant at the end. CP3 can take off that work load off of Harden, so there's not another break down like this year.

lynbug

I don't know.....but PB seemed to thrive in Houston.  I think Houston will miss him.

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: lynbug on June 28, 2017, 06:21:07 pm
I don't know.....but PB seemed to thrive in Houston.  I think Houston will miss him.

Houston will misd PBev.  He brought a toughness to that team.  Take Green off the Warriors and they are not near as good.

husker71

Clippers got the better end of this deal IMHO     heck Paul was going to walk so why not get something for him and I think the Clippers got as much as they could.  \

ShadowHawg

Quote from: sickboy on June 28, 2017, 02:24:14 pm

He does such a poor job of involving his teammates in the game. He pouts and sulks on the court about his teammates at times. I would hate to play with a guy like that. I can't wait to see how Houston is going to work for him because he won't be allowed to challenge Harden for leadership of that team.

Big guys like Griffin and Jordan aren't supposed to be versatile. They require a good point man to maximize their talents.

Everyone looks at one end of the court with a point guard. He is supposed to guide the team on BOTH ends. He may play defense well individually, but the Clippers were awful against the Jazz defensively and the Jazz are awful on offense.

If CP3 were the only thing going for the Clippers, then they would have walked away from the Jazz. They still had the talent edge because the Jazz played the majority of the series without the guy that made their defense work.

CP3 is tough, but that's Beverly's strength also and awards aside, Beverly is a better defender hands down.

lynbug

Quote from: husker71 on June 28, 2017, 09:12:54 pm
Clippers got the better end of this deal IMHO     heck Paul was he going to walk so why not get something for him and I think the Clippers got as much as they could.  \
I really wish he could possibly go to another division.....I'm a loyal Grizzlies supporter, watch all their games, and even attend some, especially the playoffs.  But, regardless, I always root for PB, even if it's silently (lol). 

311Hog

i to think the clips got the better end of this deal.  they got what? 4 players and a possible top 3 draft pick next year? for a player that never got them past the 2nd round and was going to walk in a year anyway.

I bet the Pacers are hoping to cash into something similar for Paul George.

btw i have no idea how it is going to look in Houston, basically two ultra ball dominate guards.  It is like Westbrook playing with a clone of himself (not in style but in terms of TOP).

sickboy

Quote from: ShadowHawg on June 29, 2017, 01:19:08 am
He does such a poor job of involving his teammates in the game. He pouts and sulks on the court about his teammates at times. I would hate to play with a guy like that. I can't wait to see how Houston is going to work for him because he won't be allowed to challenge Harden for leadership of that team.

Big guys like Griffin and Jordan aren't supposed to be versatile. They require a good point man to maximize their talents.

Everyone looks at one end of the court with a point guard. He is supposed to guide the team on BOTH ends. He may play defense well individually, but the Clippers were awful against the Jazz defensively and the Jazz are awful on offense.

If CP3 were the only thing going for the Clippers, then they would have walked away from the Jazz. They still had the talent edge because the Jazz played the majority of the series without the guy that made their defense work.

CP3 is tough, but that's Beverly's strength also and awards aside, Beverly is a better defender hands down.

CP3 does pout from time to time, but so does Doc and the entire team. I think Jordan is the worst offender there. I guess I just feel differently about CP3 as a facilitator. I think he makes that team work. And I watch a lot of Clips as a season ticket holder.