bama offers hammonds

Started by #1 STUNNA, December 30, 2015, 12:41:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

#1 STUNNA

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

TNhawgfan

seems like saban and muschump let coach B do the work and then offer everyone he likes
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

presidenthog

I think this is about as likely as you squeezing lemonade out of a tree. he is an arkansas kid who has been committed to Arkansas for forever, but man that bama offer just swayed him and he has to go. I doubt that seriously. the kid is a hog. probably been one since birth.

wholehog92

Good.  I like it when Bama wants what they can't have.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

hogfan870

What is up with all these late Bama offers.  I think that makes 3 - Hammonds, Harris, and maybe Fulton? (I know there was one other).  I haven't looked, but it seems like Bama would be about full by now. 

dhizzle

This is what Saban does. He knows he's stacked everywhere with talent, so he goes and finds a couple players he doesn't want the competition to have. Then those players set on the bench for three years or may never see the field.   

Hoggish1

Hoggish1

Quote from: dhizzle on December 30, 2015, 01:07:17 pm
This is what Saban does. He knows he's stacked everywhere with talent, so he goes and finds a couple players he doesn't want the competition to have. Then those players set on the bench for three years or may never see the field.   

Oh, they see the field alright but it's on special teams.  All red shirt then play on one of the special teams the rest of their career until they are asked to step in after injury.

Players should be wise to it, but some are still sucked in...

Tony Perkis

Wouldn't be surprise to see him flip. Recruiting seems to have taken a turn for the worst in the past week.

Hog Pharm

Quote from: Tony Perkis on December 30, 2015, 01:33:07 pm
Wouldn't be surprise to see him flip. Recruiting seems to have taken a turn for the worst in the past week.

Considering we haven't missed on any recruits or lost any of our commits I don't see how you can say that.

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: Hog Pharm on December 30, 2015, 01:59:09 pm
Considering we haven't missed on any recruits or lost any of our commits I don't see how you can say that.
He's just trolling.

Vantage 8 dude

Don't you know that every kid 'Bama offers automatically faints with excitement? That's why even if their commitment list is running over kids will pay their own way just to say they've been able to get a glimpse of the mighty god-like Saban. I don't know why we (or anyone else for that matter) even try to compete. Just going to lose their best to the folks down in T-Town anyway. (Heavy sarcasm button now off) :puke:

scruf

He will flip. Into the endzone. When he scores a TD against Bama next year FOR THE WIN.

Too easy.

Vantage 8 dude

Well you'll never have to worry about being accused of being some type of "sunshine pumper" when it comes to the Hogs. I mean who knew someone could be so positive about the home team?! ??? :puke: 

theFlyingHog

Saban really likes CBB so he offers our commits to get the recruiting services to bump up their rankings so our class looks better. Heard it at the Catfish Shack in DeWitt

Sir Oinksalot

Ive posted this over and over about Bama, they get who they want then try to steal the best recruits from the teams they play as backups///

they prey on the ignorant...any kid that dang naive --- vin gauxe...not just in football - take for example WELDING...Tulsa welding school comes in here
and hits these small arkansas schools and makes them believe can't nobody weld in the country but them.....they get these small town school kids all
pimped up to sign a contract...if they get homesick and quit after a week they get sued for the full contract about....they could have gotten the same training for basically
free AND keep their Pell Grant money to go to the local vocational school right down the road....they lie cheat and steal and its all legal...Nashvill Tenn does the same thing
with their mech. school same thing...

Bama does the same thing in college football because they can...we cannot, they can...
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

scruf

Bama isn't going to get Hammonds in this or any other universe but it's pretty funny to watch the hand-wringers crawl out of their rat holes.

Country Stylz

The Bama offer just validates what kind of player he is. Didn't they offer Jordan Jones last year after he committed? I just like seeing our commits offer sheets grow. I was worried about Pollard and D. Harris though, I'll admit.

SemperFi

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 30, 2015, 01:32:05 pm
Yeah, it's been just awful at Alabama since Saban arrived.....stop and think for a moment.
Every Alabama recruit since Saban arrived has either won a NC or made the playoffs at least once during their career there. 

Just awful I tell you.   

Athletes like to compete and not just watch the action from the sidelines. I know that when I played I wanted to play every snap, offense, defense and special teams. To wear a ring or call yourself a champion after riding the pine is in no way the life that true competitors want to live.

These kids that believe the hype and lies that Saban and his staff tell them earn the splinters in their butts from sitting on the bench. As soon as these kids realize what their being recruited for (scout team) then the better the rest of the SEC will be.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

wildhogman

maybe I am too optimistic. But this could mean Bama knows they are not gonna get either white or whaley(spelling)

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 30, 2015, 01:32:05 pm
Yeah, it's been just awful at Alabama since Saban arrived.....stop and think for a moment.
Every Alabama recruit since Saban arrived has either won a NC or made the playoffs at least once during their career there. 

Just awful I tell you.
are you in favor of participation trophies?

PP

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Pulled(PP)pork

well, I for one wouldn't brag to much about my team being _______, if I was a bench warmer.  but that's just me.

PP

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: Sir Oinksalot on December 30, 2015, 03:33:00 pm
Ive posted this over and over about Bama, they get who they want then try to steal the best recruits from the teams they play as backups///

they prey on the ignorant...any kid that dang naive --- vin gauxe...not just in football - take for example WELDING...Tulsa welding school comes in here
and hits these small arkansas schools and makes them believe can't nobody weld in the country but them.....they get these small town school kids all
pimped up to sign a contract...if they get homesick and quit after a week they get sued for the full contract about....they could have gotten the same training for basically
free AND keep their Pell Grant money to go to the local vocational school right down the road....they lie cheat and steal and its all legal...Nashvill Tenn does the same thing
with their mech. school same thing...

Bama does the same thing in college football because they can...we cannot, they can...

This is a great post!

jgphillips3

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 31, 2015, 06:21:10 pm
Championships are why players play.

Or not play and warm the bench as the case may be...

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 31, 2015, 06:21:10 pm
Is/Are playing special teams not being part of the team?
Is working to actually achieve a starting spot - instead of having it simply given to you - not important?

Championships are why players play.
you and I both know, some of these kids will be content with wearing the jersey and never getting between the hashmarks....which is fine, if that's all that matters.

PP

tophawg19

problem here is y'all are wrongly assuming that Hammonds isn't good enough to play at bama. This is a kid that can fill many roles and be dangerous in any of them. We are starting him at RB with the ability to split him out . he brings a versatility that we have been missing for a while He has some of the same gifts and abilities Felix Jones brought to us.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: tophawg19 on December 31, 2015, 07:17:18 pm
problem here is y'all are wrongly assuming that Hammonds isn't good enough to play at bama. This is a kid that can fill many roles and be dangerous in any of them. We are starting him at RB with the ability to split him out . he brings a versatility that we have been missing for a while He has some of the same gifts and abilities Felix Jones brought to us.
not at all, but my post in another thread still rings true....can you name an arkansas kid that has been a star while Saban has been there?

PP

Birminghog

Ardarius Stewart is a kid from one of our county schools in the Birmingham area - in fact, the smallest school in the Jefferson County system. He played both ways in high school, quarterback on offense and D.B. on defense. I saw him play several times during his high school career. He was clearly the best player on his high school team. Saban recruited him as an athlete, I think, but he knew they wanted to make him a wide receiver. He was flattered that Bama wanted him and he took the scholly. It has taken him into his junior year to start for them, but he worked hard and finally made it. I would say he's looking pretty good.

No, he's not from Arkansas, but he is from a school the size of many in Arkansas. The point is that, like him or not, Saban and his coaches tend to give a kid a chance to make it, and they do a good job developing those kids. I want us to beat Bama every time out, but I'm going to give them their due.

I want Hammonds on the Hill, but more than that, I want every kid who will work hard and play by the rules to do well and have a bright future, wherever they go.

Pulled(PP)pork

I guess my point is, at Bama, you better be exceptional, there is no time to work your way into playing, not the way they recruit.

PP

IronHog

Quote from: wildhogman on December 30, 2015, 06:38:47 pm
maybe I am too optimistic. But this could mean Bama knows they are not gonna get either white or whaley(spelling)

Bama has the luxury of offering kids like this late.

If they commit good.  If not the home state team has to use recruiting resources to keep kids vs improving their class.

It's a fine strategy by Bama.  Hard on "smaller" programs.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Iamjacksleftnutt

Hammonds is Percy Harvin type talent. I believe he is ALL hog though. And I do believe that Saban offers kids at Arkansas bc he doesn't want to compete against them on the field. Before scholarship limits this was common practice among most coaches.

TJ would play at any school. He's THAT good. If you have a talent like him then you play him, period.

I hate Saban. Coming after our commits late like he does is sleazy.

Country Stylz

Quote from: tophawg19 on December 31, 2015, 07:17:18 pm
Excited about Hammonds I am.

Hogtastichog

he can play anywhere and be a star. some of us just want him to stay home and be a hog.

tophawg19

Quote from: Iamjacksleftnutt on January 01, 2016, 01:34:26 pm
Hammonds is Percy Harvin type talent. I believe he is ALL hog though. And I do believe that Saban offers kids at Arkansas bc he doesn't want to compete against them on the field. Before scholarship limits this was common practice among most coaches.

TJ would play at any school. He's THAT good. If you have a talent like him then you play him, period.

I hate Saban. Coming after our commits late like he does is sleazy.
it's not sleazy . We are doing the same thing to fill needs . they need speed guys and we happen to have two , in jones and hammond . we saw what riddley could do and they will be looking for his replacement soon . until then these guys can help in the rfeturn game and Hammonds is the speed RB they will need next year .

redeye

I think they've offered several running backs lately, so could be.

Just wanna add that I think the point PP is trying to make is simply that players will have more competition at Alabama, which means they're less likely to see the field.  The only place where that's not true for us may be at TE.

tophawg19

Bama can only have 85 just like us. they aren't recruiting guys who can't play on their team to keep them from us. they recruit players they think can fill roles just like we do. Their role guys are just higher ranked than ours . they aren't going to sign a kid that they think will never see the field

Country Stylz

Maybe Saban knows White is coming to Arkansas, and he's all like " I'm just gonna take your TJ Hammonds then, cause I do what I want!"

RaisinHog

I don't think they are even on whaley ???

Iamjacksleftnutt

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 01, 2016, 02:57:21 pm
it's not sleazy . We are doing the same thing to fill needs . they need speed guys and we happen to have two , in jones and hammond . we saw what riddley could do and they will be looking for his replacement soon . until then these guys can help in the rfeturn game and Hammonds is the speed RB they will need next year .

Really ? Why be a know it all ? Saban is a sleaze bag. Have you ever watched his press conferences ? He makes Petrino look like a sweetheart. All of his success has gone to his head. And FYI Arkansas has played him uncomfortably close the last two seasons. So him coming in late and offering guys that will be important to our long term success is sleazy. If you want to say I disagree with you imo its not sleazy then go for it. But to dismiss me and just say I'm wrong ?

Its a message board and thats my opinion. Maybe you are the one whose opinions are wrong ?

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Quote from: sevenof400 on January 02, 2016, 08:45:36 am
Well then, how about some substance to some of these points? 

Did you really compare Saban to Petrino because of the content of Saban's press conferences? 

Why is Saban a sleaze bag? 

Why is it sleazy for more than one school to offer an athlete a scholarship?  Are you saying Alabama is the only school to do this?  You could look at this in the inverse - the fact that Alabama is trying to recruit some of the same players Arkansas is could be viewed as confirmation that other coaches see value in those players.
Exactly right... +1
If at first you don't succeed,
then skydiving is not for you...

RussVegas Hawg

I think it says more about where we are headed and our coaches ability to evaluate quality players.

Cinco de Hogo

I like Hammonds a lot and he is the type kid we need to keep despite getting Whaley and even if we get White.  Hammonds can play and wherever he plays he will add to the team.  If we are ever going to get to where we want to get, keeping kids like this is how you do it.

I'm just making a statement, not saying I think Bama has a snowballs chance in hades to sway him.

Iamjacksleftnutt

Quote from: sevenof400 on January 02, 2016, 08:45:36 am
Well then, how about some substance to some of these points? 

Did you really compare Saban to Petrino because of the content of Saban's press conferences? 

Why is Saban a sleaze bag?  I don't need to offer you verifiable evidence to have an opinion. Geeze. Some of you guys have been on here so long that you think you own this place and all opinion.

Why is it sleazy for more than one school to offer an athlete a scholarship?  Are you saying Alabama is the only school to do this?  You could look at this in the inverse - the fact that Alabama is trying to recruit some of the same players Arkansas is could be viewed as confirmation that other coaches see value in those players.

Yeah the problem is that the biggest value Saban is seeing in offering our LONG TERM commits is that he won't have to compete against them. And yes he's as disgusting or moreso to me than Petrino. He's an ass in his PC's. I can't stand the guy. Saban is a sleaze bag because he operates one of if not the most dishonest program in all of college football. If you can't see that then me spelling it out for you isn't going to help.

Nick has all the talent he needs at running back and then some. Yes Hammonds is very talented. But I question his rational for offering him. This is a message board right ? So thats my opinion. I'm not violating any rules by having one am I ?

Opinion Nazi.

Iamjacksleftnutt

Some posters have been on this board so long that they think they actually have a right to demand a reason for you to have an opinion. Its laughable.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Iamjacksleftnutt on January 03, 2016, 07:18:03 pm
Yeah the problem is that the biggest value Saban is seeing in offering our LONG TERM commits is that he won't have to compete against them. And yes he's as disgusting or moreso to me than Petrino. He's an ass in his PC's. I can't stand the guy. Saban is a sleaze bag because he operates one of if not the most dishonest program in all of college football. If you can't see that then me spelling it out for you isn't going to help.

Nick has all the talent he needs at running back and then some. Yes Hammonds is very talented. But I question his rational for offering him. This is a message board right ? So thats my opinion. I'm not violating any rules by having one am I ?

Opinion Nazi.

Saban may just be a jerk, but I tend to think he just gets sick and tired of all the stupid media questions so he gives them smartass answers.  I just love to see somebody ask him a dumbass question just so he can stare at them like they were the biggest idiot on the planet. Its funny. He's a great coach. At this point in his career his name recognition recruits kids. I wouldnt think he has to cheat as much as an auburn or an ole miss. I could be wrong, certsinly, but until he's exposed I just believe he's a great coach and would LOVE to have him at Arkansas.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

Vantage 8 dude

Some on here really crack me up. On the one hand we have those who fret and worry 'cause we don't offer all those four and five star recruits that folks like 'Bama are landing. On the other hand we have those who fret and worry     'cause we offer all those four and five star recruits that folks like 'Bama want to land.