Started by Hogfaniam, January 26, 2015, 06:21:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogfaniam

[attachment deleted by admin]
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

popcornhog

WPS

jry04

Thankfully the BPI is not even considered when selecting teams.

Fayettechill14

Dayton, SMU, and Georgia higher than us.

Sounds legit...

Atlhogfan1

BPI was looked at favorably in the forum last year. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

popcornhog

Quote from: jry04 on January 26, 2015, 06:28:33 pm
Thankfully the BPI is not even considered when selecting teams.

BPI (much like RPI) is a much more accurate representation at year's end.

Also, it gained steam in recent years as being more accurate than RPI or the polls.
WPS

onebadrubi

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on January 26, 2015, 06:50:27 pm
Dayton, SMU, and Georgia higher than us.

Sounds legit...

Am I incorrect thinking the BPO the last year or two has been a better representation of the middle of the pack?  Now all of a sudden three teams weves beat are ahead of us, 2 of which were on the road!  Maybe I was off thinking the BPI was a good indicator

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 26, 2015, 06:52:13 pm
BPI was looked at favorably in the forum last year. 

I still think it is a good metrics

Thepigdoctor

Rpi has Kansas #1. Yeah, the team UK throttled on a neutral court. Sadly there isn't a perfect ranking system in college basketball, be it computer or human. Your best bet is to average bpi, coaches, ap, sagarin, rpi, and espnrpi, then look at where everyone averages out.

Take Notre Dame for instance. Stuck in the 30's in rpi, at 19-2 with excellent losses (providence and Virginia), a handful of good wins, and nothing close to a bad loss. Their problem? SOS. Played a few of those sub 300 rpi teams and no matter how convincingly you win, they are leaches.

Best thing about our schedule this year, currently no teams sub 300 (one or two are close) to be found. Really keeps that rpi looking good.

sigpooie

Massey's comp ratings are the best way to see where we are. They Avg the ranks of 45 computer services and others. we are 26th right now. Kan is 7th UKY is 1st and all of those look about right.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson