Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interesting statistic regarding beard/bell

Started by FreshHog, January 26, 2015, 03:53:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FreshHog

Arkansas' starting lineup vs. Mizzou ( Bell/Harris/Madden/Portis/Qualls) played together for 16 minutes, 58 seconds and had a +/- of minus-2.

When Beard subbed in for Bell, giving the hogs a lineup of Beard/Harris/Madden/Portis/Qualls, they were plus-10 in 9 minutes, 40 seconds on the court together.

-- This stat was posted by Andrew Hutchinson who I follow on twitter.

So what do you guys think of this? I personally think Beard should be in the starting line up, as it gives our bench squad some much needed depth in the scoring department, while providing our starters that much needed bump in a true point guard.

latrops

Quote from: FreshHog on January 26, 2015, 03:53:01 pm
Arkansas' starting lineup vs. Mizzou ( Bell/Harris/Madden/Portis/Qualls) played together for 16 minutes, 58 seconds and had a +/- of minus-2.

When Beard subbed in for Bell, giving the hogs a lineup of Beard/Harris/Madden/Portis/Qualls, they were plus-10 in 9 minutes, 40 seconds on the court together.

So what do you guys think of this? I personally think Beard should be in the starting line up, as it gives our bench squad some much needed depth in the scoring department, while providing our starters that much needed bump in a true point guard.

Nobody here will be surprised.  Jump Ball has been calling for more Beard and less Bell/Durham for weeks.  It's not that simple, though, as our style doesn't lend itself to a core set of five playing 35 minutes each. 

That said, it is likely that Beard's minutes continue to go up.  He is averaging 14 minutes a game for the season....but in the last two he is averaging about 25 minutes.

Atlhogfan1

How much of the positive number was Harris having one of his great offensive games? 

I think this has been a solution to some of our problems for a while.  Durham was given a chance in the games between the Dayton win and Tenn loss. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Danny J

Quote from: FreshHog on January 26, 2015, 03:53:01 pm

I think I have been saying this for several days!!! It is right now our best lineup and also I would have Bell coming off the bench with the second lineup to offer more scoring. So it would be Durham, Bell, Watkins, Williams and Kingsley off the bench. I also think babb would be interchangeable with Durham or Bell.

mhuff

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 26, 2015, 04:44:52 pm
How much of the positive number was Harris having one of his great offensive games? 

I think this has been a solution to some of our problems for a while.  Durham was given a chance in the games between the Dayton win and Tenn loss. 

You bring up a very valid point. Harris has been playing many games this year that he has aggressively attacked the basket or has shot well. Last year he shot 46% if memory serves me correctly. There is nothing wrong with 46%. However, the difference this year is the fact that he is not turning the ball over as much. I still don't want him dribbling excessively ,but he has been taking it to the hole and converting making the defense like it whether they want to or not. Therein lies the difference.

The_Iceman

Bell fits in better with the second group anyways.