Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs #25 in Coaches poll January 26, 2015

Started by popcornhog, January 26, 2015, 12:11:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

popcornhog

WPS

WarPig88

Coaches must not spend much time on Hogville. LOL! ;D :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

chiefhawg

popcornhog

Quote from: WarPig88 on January 26, 2015, 12:14:41 pm
Coaches must not spend much time on Hogville. LOL! ;D :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Yeah, I mean, inside of our bubble there is a lot to be excited about and a lot to be frustrated about. But objectively, things have gone well this far.

We just need to finish strong.
WPS

popcornhog

Quote from: chiefhawg on January 26, 2015, 01:35:21 pm
Nooooooo! :'(

Not ranked again.

Maybe being "half ranked" (in one poll but not the other) will work out well. Haha
WPS

The Divine Swine

Quote from: popcornhog on January 26, 2015, 01:36:15 pm
Maybe being "half ranked" (in one poll but not the other) will work out well. Haha

The more we can be ranked the better. It helps recruiting. I will take ranked any day regardless of a perceived curse of losing when we get there. Being ranked gives us a little spotlight. Kids are attracted to that and if they come to Arkansas enough of the time we can cement the ranking like back in the day.
Romans 10:9-10

"That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

popcornhog

Quote from: The Divine Swine on January 26, 2015, 05:08:24 pm
The more we can be ranked the better. It helps recruiting. I will take ranked any day regardless of a perceived curse of losing when we get there. Being ranked gives us a little spotlight. Kids are attracted to that and if they come to Arkansas enough of the time we can cement the ranking like back in the day.

100%. The biggest advantage is getting your highlights in Sports Center for every game when you're ranked.
WPS

chiefhawg

Quote from: popcornhog on January 26, 2015, 05:19:43 pm
100%. The biggest advantage is getting your highlights in Sports Center for every game when you're ranked.
Qualls does that alone.

popcornhog

Quote from: chiefhawg on January 26, 2015, 05:31:26 pm
Qualls does that alone.

Haha. Even when Qualls gets a highlight though, we don't get the full game highlights like we do when we're ranked.

Huge game Tuesday night against the Vols.

WPS
WPS

3of5-2

Only rankings that matter are the ones at the end of the season. That's what recruits look at, and the ESPN highlights. Like chiefhawg said, Qualls does that on his own.

popcornhog

Quote from: 3of5-2 on January 26, 2015, 05:35:25 pm
Only rankings that matter are the ones at the end of the season. That's what recruits look at, and the ESPN highlights. Like chiefhawg said, Qualls does that on his own.

I disagree strongly. The week to week rankings keep us front and center in the eyes of recruits all year. Not to mention, each week you're ranked, allows you to move up the next week and get better NCAAT seeding.
WPS

3of5-2

Quote from: popcornhog on January 26, 2015, 05:54:38 pm
I disagree strongly. The week to week rankings keep us front and center in the eyes of recruits all year. Not to mention, each week you're ranked, allows you to move up the next week and get better NCAAT seeding.
I understand your point, and yes, the higher rankings will get us a better seed in the NCAAT, but I was using some reverse psychology because it seems like every time we have been ranked this year, we lose. If we are going to make the NCCAT, and I believe we will, the ranking will have to be there. It is good to be ranked, because it's been so many years that we weren't, just don't want that jinx to pop up anymore.

WarPig88

Quote from: popcornhog on January 26, 2015, 01:36:15 pm

+1!

That's funny right there! ;D