Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bracketology

Started by BigE_23, January 26, 2015, 10:28:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigE_23

Has Hogs in with a 7 seed in the East...FWIW, he's correctly picked 67/68 and 68/68 teams in the last two season's brackets.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology/_/iteration/210

CBS has the Hogs with a 6 seed in the Midwest

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

forrest city joe

The Hog are going to the dance this year. just like i said they would.

popcornhog

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 26, 2015, 10:35:03 am
The Hog are going to the dance this year. just like i said they would.

No doubt about that.

however, I was hoping to finish around #12-#18. I thought we had the team to do it at the start of the year.

It's still possible, but finishing in the 25-35 range is looking more likely.

WPS

89ALUM

Quote from: BigE_23 on January 26, 2015, 10:28:08 am
FWIW, he's correctly picked 67/68 and 68/68 teams in the last two season's brackets.

I'm not meaning to be a nitpicker, but I don't think he's picked that accurately in the middle of the season.  He's only measuring his picks from the day before the selection committee makes its announcement.

If the Hogs drop 6 or 7 more games in conference, that prediction won't be close to accurate.

I hope he's right, though.  If they play in Pittsburgh, it would be near enough from me to drive there.
I'm in shape.  Round is a shape.

"That's what." - she

WarPig88

Quote from: popcornhog on January 26, 2015, 11:13:53 am
No doubt about that.

however, I was hoping to finish around #12-#18. I thought we had the team to do it at the start of the year.

It's still possible, but finishing in the 25-35 range is looking more likely.

I am just curious about this line of thinking.

What about sucking for the last 15 years has made people think you go from being unranked to a  top 15 type program?

15 years is a long time to have been down.

I was always taught that people had to crawl before they can walk, and walk before they can run. We should be toward the end of the walking stage, but how is it that people think we should be sprinters at this point?

HotlantaHog

Quote from: 89ALUM on January 26, 2015, 12:14:55 pm
I'm not meaning to be a nitpicker, but I don't think he's picked that accurately in the middle of the season.  He's only measuring his picks from the day before the selection committee makes its announcement.

If the Hogs drop 6 or 7 more games in conference, that prediction won't be close to accurate.

I hope he's right, though.  If they play in Pittsburgh, it would be near enough from me to drive there.

This is correct. He has no particular foresight into which teams will outperform and underperform from here.

I think the Hogs will make it to the NCAAs but the level of play recently has not given me a great deal of confidence on that.

SPAL

Quote from: HotlantaHog on January 26, 2015, 12:32:52 pm
This is correct. He has no particular foresight into which teams will outperform and underperform from here.

I think the Hogs will make it to the NCAAs but the level of play recently has not given me a great deal of confidence on that.

It has given me confidence. We won another road game first of all. We found a way to hit Late shots, get to the ft line, and we defended better than we have all year. And to grind it out against a bama team that gave us a run. We could have folded coming off of a bad home loss.

I don't need to see us coast and win by 20. I think winning these gritty , tough games are a much better test and will help us more in the long run.

Breems

I'm admittedly desperate at this point. I'll take any seed that gets us in the tournament and be happy about it, even if it's a play-in game.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

hogsanity

Quote from: Breems on January 26, 2015, 01:02:43 pm
I'm admittedly desperate at this point. I'll take any seed that gets us in the tournament and be happy about it, even if it's a play-in game.

The good thing is, right now they are in, and control their own destiny by just winning games. Too many times the last 15 years they were already in a hole too deep to crawl out of.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

razorbackkid

I'd be cool with a 16 seeding.  That would give our boys an opportunity to make history by knocking off a one seed.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

popcornhog

Quote from: WarPig88 on January 26, 2015, 12:22:13 pm
I am just curious about this line of thinking.

What about sucking for the last 15 years has made people think you go from being unranked to a  top 15 type program?

15 years is a long time to have been down.

I was always taught that people had to crawl before they can walk, and walk before they can run. We should be toward the end of the walking stage, but how is it that people think we should be sprinters at this point?

I can only speak for myself, but I was expecting great things largely because of the personnel, coupled with Mike's winning background as an assistant at Arkansas, and a HC at Mizzou and UAB.

We've been crawling for the last three years, and I expected a phenomenal breakout this year with Mike's above mentioned experience and our depth on the bench. Not to mention two of the best players in the SEC in our starting line-up.

All that said, we've performed at a better rate in the road and we're still in very good shape, just slightly behind where I'd hoped for.

But, hell, we could still finish in the top 12-15 and get a 4 seed. It's not out of the question. Just think if Madden shows a little more consistency and Bell heats up from down town!!!

WPS
WPS

Atlhogfan1

The early round tourney sites this year are concentrated from the Ohio River and eastward.  Louisville, Columbus, Pittsburgh, Charlotte, Jacksonville and then Omaha and then concentrated in the NW with Seattle and Portland.  Too bad for fan bases like Arkansas.  Cleveland, Syracuse, L.A and Houston for the next rounds.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

arkansasrazorback

With the talent that we have, what seed do you think we should be at the end of the season if we play to our potential?

popcornhog

So Lunardi has 4 in.

1) UK

7) Arkansas

9) UGA

9) LSU
WPS

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: popcornhog on January 26, 2015, 04:08:29 pm
So Lunardi has 4 in.

1) UK

7) Arkansas

9) UGA

9) LSU

ACC with two 1's, a 3 and 4. 

Big 12 one 2, one 4, three 5's and a 6.

B1G a 2, two 3's.

PAC 2 seed and 3 seed.

SMU has 0 top 50 wins and a 7 seed.  It is too much on not scheduling the worst of the worst, schedule good teams without needing to win very many and then hope the teams you play have scheduled well too especially in conference.  Teams are going to the tourney without having to beat really good teams.  Just don't play too many bad ones. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

HF#1

Really hope we can put a run together that will move us up in seeding.  I think we'd be really dangerous as a 3 or 4 seed.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: BigE_23 on January 26, 2015, 10:28:08 am
Has Hogs in with a 7 seed in the East...FWIW, he's correctly picked 67/68 and 68/68 teams in the last two season's brackets.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology/_/iteration/210

CBS has the Hogs with a 6 seed in the Midwest

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

Did he correctly pick that many as of the last week of January? He correctly picks them when they're almost all obvious, in March.
[CENSORED]!

DeltaBoy

Still got plenty of Basketball to play.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.