Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1,000 Wins for Coach K

Started by WilsonHog, January 25, 2015, 06:39:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

Intetesting question from Tony Barnhardt:

@MrCFB: "Coach K was 17-13, 10-17, and 11-17 in his first three seasons at Duke but AD Tom Butters stuck with him. Would that happen today?"

BadHog

Congrats to Coach K. You have to give him credit - great coach, great recuiter, excellent mentor to the players he has coached.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

nextlevel

Is this where the Pel = next Coach K argument starts again based on Pel's back to back 14 wins seasons?
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

onebadrubi

Quote from: WilsonHog on January 25, 2015, 06:39:56 pm
Intetesting question from Tony Barnhardt:

@MrCFB: "Coach K was 17-13, 10-17, and 11-17 in his first three seasons at Duke but AD Tom Butters stuck with him. Would that happen today?"

Coach K has actually answered that question in the past, and he says no way would he expect to be kept in todays world all while thanks Tom Butters for sticking with him. 

TheRazorbackGuy

Coach K recruited great players. That's what other coaches should take note of. 5 star recruits do matter.

HF#1

All I care about is the one game he didn't win vs Arkansas circa 1994
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

HiggiePiggy

I bet in today's world he would be kept.  Many coaches are kept for 4 years.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

nextlevel

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on January 25, 2015, 06:50:06 pm
Coach K recruited great players. That's what other coaches should take note of. 5 star recruits do matter.

There has been several coaches land blue chip recruits consistently and do nothing with  them.

Recruiting isn't everything...
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: HF#1 on January 25, 2015, 06:52:24 pm
All I care about is the one game he didn't win vs Arkansas circa 1994

Duke has been in half of our 6 Final 4's playing the Hogs twice. 

The 1982 recruiting class including Johnny Dawkins is what got him going.  He and Amaker are why I became a Duke fan after the Hogs.  It only takes one or two to turn around a program. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Hawgey-Davidson

Coach K is a class act. Great for the game.

Dr. Starcs

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: nextlevel on January 25, 2015, 06:54:56 pm
There has been several coaches land blue chip recruits consistently and do nothing with  them.

Recruiting isn't everything...

Nice for Jon Pelphrey to make a reappearance on hogville

chiefhawg

Two of the top coaches in the game today are graduates of our military academies.  Coach K = West Point
Coach Pop of the Spurs = Air Force Academy