Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crowd Noise

Started by razorhogfanatic, January 25, 2015, 06:34:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorhogfanatic

I know football teams practice with simulated crowd noise. Does out basketball team ever do that to prepare for road environments?

nextlevel

Quote from: razorhogfanatic on January 25, 2015, 06:34:02 pm
I know football teams practice with simulated crowd noise. Does out basketball team ever do that to prepare for road environments?

Football =/= basketball.

Noise has little effect compared to different backdrops and lighting in various arenas.
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

Arazorbackguy1

Crowd noise has a significant effect on this team when on the road.  I believe at home the crowd gets them pumped up when on D, but the opposing crowd noise when on offense makes up sub-consciously speed up our offense.  Hence all of the bad, weird shots we see when we are on the road. 

I believe this is the reason why we struggle so much on the road, because we don't know how to slow it down when the opposing team goes on a run.  We try to play too fast and end up missing multiple 3's and badly advised jump-shots.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: nextlevel on January 25, 2015, 06:45:32 pm
Football =/= basketball.

Noise has little effect compared to different backdrops and lighting in various arenas.

I think this and
Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on January 25, 2015, 07:36:44 pm
Crowd noise has a significant effect on this team when on the road.  I believe at home the crowd gets them pumped up when on D, but the opposing crowd noise when on offense makes up sub-consciously speed up our offense.  Hence all of the bad, weird shots we see when we are on the road. 

I believe this is the reason why we struggle so much on the road, because we don't know how to slow it down when the opposing team goes on a run.  We try to play too fast and end up missing multiple 3's and badly advised jump-shots.

This is true.  Probably why we have been historically on the road - except not this year (thanks Alandise).

Dr. Starcs

Not to go all fcj, but I think crowd noise effects refs more than players.