Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When was the last time that a hog had 5 straight double doubles?

Started by popcornhog, January 24, 2015, 11:41:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

popcornhog

Because Portis accomplished that feat tonight. All conference games, mind you.
WPS

popcornhog

Quote from: WarPig88 on January 24, 2015, 11:43:42 pm
Derek Hood maybe?

I don't specifically recall a player in my life time (born in 1983) ever having 5 straight.

Although that doesn't mean it never happened.

I'd think Derek Hood would be a candidate. Corliss? Townes? Charles Thomas? Oliver Miller?

I can't think of a point guard getting 10 assists in 5 straight at all.
WPS

Atlhogfan1

Moncrief averaged 22.0 pts and 9.6 reb his senior season. 

Hood would be a candidate.

Kareem Reid had some with pts and assists. 

Dean Tolson twice avg a double double for a season and almost 3 times (9.9 reb in 71-72)

What Portis is doing is ranking up there with some of the better seasons in our program's history. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Danny J

Memory is not what it used to be but maybe Nicky Davis? I think he averaged almost a double double for the 97-98 season?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Danny J on January 25, 2015, 12:12:33 am
Memory is not what it used to be but maybe Nicky Davis? I think he averaged almost a double double for the 97-98 season?

10.4 pts and 9.8 reb

I'm not going to take the time to look up the consecutive game thing.  Since '83, Portis may own that streak. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

dhornjr1

Derek Hood did it in 1999.

18 points and 13 boards in the upset of #2 Auburn
12 points and 11 boards in a loss at Alabama
12 points and 13 boards in an upset of #21 Florida in the SEC Tournament
17 points and 17 boards in a semifinal win over Mississippi State in the SEC Tournament
10 points and 12 boards in a loss to Kentucky in the SEC Tournament championship game

I would guess that is the last time it happened.

Danny J

Quote from: Imminent Rueage on January 25, 2015, 12:18:49 am
Derek Hood did it in 1999.

18 points and 13 boards in the upset of #2 Auburn
12 points and 11 boards in a loss at Alabama
12 points and 13 boards in an upset of #21 Florida in the SEC Tournament
17 points and 17 boards in a semifinal win over Mississippi State in the SEC Tournament
10 points and 12 boards in a loss to Kentucky in the SEC Tournament championship game

I would guess that is the last time it happened.
Yeah...I would imagine you are right.

dhornjr1

Quote from: Danny J on January 25, 2015, 12:20:10 am
Yeah...I would imagine you are right.

He put up some big numbers that season. He just missed having another five game stretch earlier in the season. He did it four consecutive games and missed it in the fifth game by two points and one rebound.

dhornjr1

I went back and looked again and he actually did it six games in a row. In the game before the Auburn upset, he had 12 points and 10 rebounds in an upset of #6 Kentucky.

Waldron_Hog

Foshodo

Smithian

Delvon Johnson, Michael Washington, and Patrick Beverley all came close, but none pulled it off.

Impressive consistency by Portis.

rusvegashog

Any idea what D Hood is up to now a days? Was he our last McDonalds all American?

PonderinHog

Quote from: rusvegashog on January 25, 2015, 04:40:25 pm
Any idea what D Hood is up to now a days? Was he our last McDonalds all American?
Weren't Joe Johnson and Ronnie Brewer MDAA's?

hawkhawg

Quote from: rusvegashog on January 25, 2015, 04:40:25 pm

I was thinking Famutimi was our last.

rude1

PonderinHog

popcornhog

Quote from: hawkhawg on January 25, 2015, 04:44:23 pm
I was thinking Famutimi was our last.

Olu was a mdaa, I believe.

Can't think of any others since Nilan left.
WPS

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: popcornhog on January 25, 2015, 05:41:25 pm
Olu was a mdaa, I believe.

Can't think of any others since Nilan left.

I wonder if Nilan could out recruit Nolan?  ;)
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Hogimus Prime

rusvegashog

Yeah I thought Olu might have been one. Talk about someone who should have stayed all 4.

rusvegashog

I try not to get to caught up in putting expectations on others or buying into the hype machine, but I must admit twice in my Razorback fandom three times if you count Madre Hill( he got injured so I really don't count that one) I've been guilty of doing so. First was with Famutimi and the second time was with Matt Jones and the NFL. So I won't do it w/ Portis, but It would be something special for the Arkansan to put up a double double for the season.

TomBigBeeHog

I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Piggage

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on January 25, 2015, 06:00:57 pm
I miss the Stylin' with Nilan Show

Lol, +1. Thinking back to some of Nolan's shirts and boots makes this comment even funnier.