Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Perhaps it is Just Me, but...

Started by WilsonHog, January 24, 2015, 09:03:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gmarv

I,m with ya Wilson 15 happy days.win pretty win ugly I don,t care as long as we win.

razorbackkid

I care more about my car running good and being dependable than I do about whether she's pretty or not.  It may ride a little bumpy from time to time, but that ain't because of the car....sometimes the roads are just rough.

:razorback:
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

hogsanity

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 24, 2015, 09:50:18 pm
Stop seeing things.

This from the guy who sees refs in his dreams, parading past like the pink elephants in a cartoon.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

forrest city joe

Quote from: hogsanity on January 26, 2015, 07:58:21 am
This from the guy who sees refs in his dreams, parading past like the pink elephants in a cartoon.
Mike Anderson and the Hogs won again and you are pissed. admit it and move on.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Otis on January 24, 2015, 09:44:29 pm
It is possible to be happy we won and still frustrated at certain things. The two are not mutually exclusive. While I'm happy we won, I still see things that WILL cost us wins in the future.

I'm with you.

As WilsonHog likes to say -- perspective.

But I do feel much better after Saturday's win. I'm also starting to accept that this is just going to be a frustrating team. But, at the end of the day, we're 15-4, tied for 2nd in the SEC, and we have a clear-cut tournament resume. They're finding ways to win. It's just really hard to trust in them and have confidence when you watch them play. It's really a shame that they can't tighten up because this is the most talented team Anderson's had at Arkansas.

hogsanity

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 26, 2015, 08:16:07 am
Mike Anderson and the Hogs won again and you are pissed. admit it and move on.

You are the ONLY ONE who seemed the least bit angry after the game at. You started a thread not to celebrate the win, but to poke at the refs and those who you PERCEIVE were upset that the Hogs won the game.

Your schtick about the refs grows tiresome, now you whine about them even in games the hogs win. Are you incapable of posting unless you mention refs? I'll give you credit, they always reach multiple pages, which I am pretty sure is the actual goal.

If you actually watched college basketball, the foul they called at the end of the game gets called 100 times every day.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

WarPig88

Quote from: hogsanity on January 26, 2015, 07:58:21 am

First road win for the Hogs in nearly 20 years with Ted Valentine on the crew.

FCJ might be on to something while you are the one calling the sun the moon and vice versa.

Just sayin'

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 26, 2015, 08:34:30 am
I'm with you.

As WilsonHog likes to say -- perspective.

But I do feel much better after Saturday's win. I'm also starting to accept that this is just going to be a frustrating team. But, at the end of the day, we're 15-4, tied for 2nd in the SEC, and we have a clear-cut tournament resume. They're finding ways to win. It's just really hard to trust in them and have confidence when you watch them play. It's really a shame that they can't tighten up because this is the most talented team Anderson's had at Arkansas.

The problem is you want a great team, and they are not great. but they are a good team who is winning a lot of games. just enjoy the winning. this team is never going to be like the Corliss team. or the Todd Day and Lee Mayberry teams. those were great teams with great players. we have a very good team, with some very good players. accept that fact and you will be happy.

forrest city joe

Quote from: WarPig88 on January 26, 2015, 08:40:33 am

FCJ might be on to something while you are the one calling the sun the moon and vice versa.

Just sayin'
Yep. he's a Mike Anders hater alright. and he knows he is.

hogsanity

Quote from: WarPig88 on January 26, 2015, 08:40:33 am

Just sayin'

Hogs shot more FT's, the total foul count for the entire game was 14 against the Hogs 13 against the Tigers. Hogs only had 5 fouls in the 1st 19:54 of the 2nd half. Their 6th was done on purpose with 5 seconds left. I do not see how anyone could watch that game and still claim the refs were crooked.  That is what bugs me about FCJ, he says the refs cheat, as in knowingly make calls to impact the outcome of the game. He claims that happened sat in a game where the road team got home team like #'s as far as fouls and ft's. 

Hawg Red

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 26, 2015, 08:43:14 am
The problem is you want a great team, and they are not great. but they are a good team who is winning a lot of games. just enjoy the winning. this team is never going to be like the Corliss team. or the Todd Day and Lee Mayberry teams. those were great teams with great players. we have a very good team, with some very good players. accept that fact and you will be happy.

You don't know what I want and I'm tired of you telling people how they should feel and what they need to think. This is America. People will voice their opinions. If YOU can accept that fact and you should be happy.

There is absolutely no problem with me or what I want. The only problem is you always trying to dictate how other people should think/feel/act/post. Let me be me and you stick to whatever the hell it is you do.

hogsanity

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 26, 2015, 08:47:44 am
You don't know what I want and I'm tired of you telling people how they should feel and what they need to think. This is America. People will voice their opinions. If YOU can accept that fact and you should be happy.

There is absolutely no problem with me or what I want. The only problem is you always trying to dictate how other people should think/feel/act/post. Let me be me and you stick to whatever the hell it is you do.

He is sticking to what he does here, and that is tell others what to do, and whine about the refs. It gets multi-page threads, which I am sure is his only actual goal.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 26, 2015, 08:47:44 am

I am telling you the truth. stop whining about our coach and team, and enjoy the wins. nobody wants to hear about we are winning but. admit you don't like Mike Anderson and move on.it's your right not to like him. just admit it and move on.

forrest city joe

Quote from: hogsanity on January 26, 2015, 08:49:39 am
He is sticking to what he does here, and that is tell others what to do, and whine about the refs. It gets multi-page threads, which I am sure is his only actual goal.
I just tell the truth about people like you who want Mike Anderson to fail so he can get fired. HE WILL NOT FAIL. SO GET OVER IT.

Hawg Red

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 26, 2015, 08:55:33 am
I am telling you the truth. stop whining about our coach and team, and enjoy the wins. nobody wants to hear about we are winning but. admit you don't like Mike Anderson and move on.it's your right not to like him. just admit it and move on.

Where are you getting that I don't like Mike Anderson?

hogsanity

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 26, 2015, 08:57:49 am

From the referees that live in his head. Mark my words though, if you and/or I keep up with him, WE will get warned or banned, no matter how many times he makes personal assertions against others.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 26, 2015, 08:57:49 am
Read your own post. it's always a but this and a but that. why can't you just enjoy all the winning? instead of whining even after wins.

Hawg Red

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 26, 2015, 09:00:28 am
Read your own post. it's always a but this and a but that. why can't you just enjoy all the winning? instead of whining even after wins.

You are literally the dumbest individual I've come across on Hogville. Dirt stupid. And ignorant. It's pathetic that you're allowed to run roughshod in this forum with this garbage.

I have never said that I didn't like Mike Anderson or that I want him fired. In fact, there is evidence in my post history that says I do not want a coaching change. But none of that REALITY matters to you.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 26, 2015, 09:04:30 am
You are literally the dumbest individual I've come across on Hogville. Dirt stupid. And ignorant. It's pathetic that you're allowed to run roughshod in this forum with this garbage.

I have never said that I didn't like Mike Anderson or that I want him fired. In fact, there is evidence in my post history that says I do not want a coaching change. But none of that REALITY matters to you.
Then act like it. when the Hogs win, enjoy it and be happy. i don't like people whining after wins.so don't do it, and you won't hear from me.

Piggage

Quote from: CDBHawg on January 24, 2015, 09:34:08 pm
Not really. Ole Miss has owned us at the Bud. Won 5 of last 6 there I think.

Yes. We beat them at BWA in 2008 and not again until last year. Overall, OM has won 7 of the last 8 against us and 10 of 12.

Hawg Red

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 26, 2015, 09:10:18 am
Then act like it. when the Hogs win, enjoy it and be happy. i don't like people whining after wins.so don't do it, and you won't hear from me.

I'll do whatever I feel like doing. If I'm unhappy with what I saw during a win, I'll post about it. Deal with it. But what I won't do is get on here and try to tell other people how they should feel about things. It's not my place and it isn't your place.

It's not my fault if I'm able to think outside of the immediate and not be pacified by simple logic. I'm not going to fall in line just because my brain works better than yours.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 26, 2015, 09:22:14 am
I'll do whatever I feel like doing. If I'm unhappy with what I saw during a win, I'll post about it. Deal with it. But what I won't do is get on here and try to tell other people how they should feel about things. It's not my place and it isn't your place.

It's not my fault if I'm able to think outside of the immediate and not be pacified by simple logic. I'm not going to fall in line just because my brain works better than yours.
OK do whatever you want. keep whining after wins if you want. and i will keep responding like i want.

DeltaBoy

As Coach Gray said 20 years from now all they remember is YOU WON!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hawg Red

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 26, 2015, 09:27:18 am
OK do whatever you want. keep whining after wins if you want. and i will keep responding like i want.

I've complained after literally ONE game this season and you're flipping out. Get off my jock.

Breems

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 26, 2015, 09:22:14 am

Your worst offense was simply being sucked into this. It's hard not to take the bait, huh?
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

hogsanity

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 26, 2015, 09:34:30 am
As Coach Gray said 20 years from now all they remember is YOU WON!

They went on the road, and beat a 7-12 ( 158 rpi ) team by 1 point. They go the job done. It was not special, it was not great, BUT they got it done. Nothing more, nothing less.

I think most of us had penciled this in as a road game they SHOULD win, and they did.

CDBHawg

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 26, 2015, 09:27:18 am

Did you ever "whine" after a Pel win?

Hawg Red

Quote from: Breems on January 26, 2015, 09:39:23 am
Your worst offense was simply being sucked into this. It's hard not to take the bait, huh?

I already committed when I realized my mistake.

forrest city joe

Quote from: CDBHawg on January 26, 2015, 09:40:34 am
Pel was not a head coach so get over him getting fired here. he should have been fired after 2 and 15.

hogsanity

Quote from: CDBHawg on January 26, 2015, 09:40:34 am

He was on here telling everyone how the school better lock up Pelphrey long term. Another wise choice by fcj.

CDBHawg

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 26, 2015, 09:42:54 am
Pel was not a head coach so get over him getting fired here. he should have been fired after 2 and 15.

Breems

I think HawgRed feels exactly like I do.

This team is still struggling since Ole Miss. Given our talent, we shouldn't have needed that miracle from Portis against Bama on our home floor. We shouldn't have been blown out by Ole Miss. Missouri is the worst team in the SEC, and we shouldn't have needed a botched trip to the line to beat them.

Individually, those games don't look too bad. Alabama has been good at times, Ole Miss goes beast mode on the road for some reason, and LSU (our competitor for #2) lost at Missouri. However, it makes me nervous that we've strung together 3 subpar performances. It doesn't give you a lot of confidence heading into the next game.

The results are still fine with me, though. I think they need a nice double-digit home win to settle back in. Tennessee would be a good chance.

hogsanity

Quote from: Breems on January 26, 2015, 09:46:58 am

This team is still struggling since Ole Miss. Given our talent, we shouldn't have needed that miracle from Portis against Bama on our home floor. We shouldn't have been blown out by Ole Miss. Missouri is the worst team in the SEC, and we shouldn't have needed a botched trip to the line to beat them.

Individually, those games don't look too bad. Alabama has been good at times, Ole Miss goes beast mode on the road for some reason, and LSU (our competitor for #2) lost at Missouri. However, it makes me nervous that we've strung together 3 subpar performances. It doesn't give you a lot of confidence heading into the next game.

The results are still fine with me, though. I think they need a nice double-digit home win to settle back in. Tennessee would be a good chance.

One thing no one is talking about is the trend in shooting % for the Hogs the last 4 games. They shot 45% ( 40 from 3 ) at Tn, 41 (36) against old misses, 40 ( 26) against bama, and 36 ( 25 ) at mizzu.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Breems on January 26, 2015, 09:46:58 am

How about just enjoying the fact that Mike Anderson has the team winning. this Mizzo teanm beat a good LSU team. we have already beat 2 other good teams on the road. (at SMU and at UGA)we are 15 and 4, and 4 and 2 in the sec. now you folks are pissed that we are not blowing people out. GOOD GRIEF!

WarPig88

Quote from: hogsanity on January 26, 2015, 09:44:37 am
He was on here telling everyone how the school better lock up Pelphrey long term. Another wise choice by fcj.

I think it's called being a fan of your team. Something some of you on here should try.

Breems

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 26, 2015, 10:00:02 am
How about just enjoying the fact that Mike Anderson has the team winning. this Mizzo teanm beat a good LSU team. we have already beat 2 other good teams on the road. (at SMU and at UGA)we are 15 and 4, and 4 and 2 in the sec. now you folks are pissed that we are not blowing people out. GOOD GRIEF!

Read the last part, buddy.

- Happy with the results
- A little concerned with why we are not playing as well
- Concerned because I want my team to keep winning

forrest city joe

Quote from: Breems on January 26, 2015, 10:04:55 am

- Happy with the results
We are playing well enough to win. that's all i care about. it's all about winning. and Mike Anderson has Arkansas winning.

riccoar

I only get upset when we drop games to teams we shouldn't.  Like Ole Miss at home.  Kentucky would be the only acceptable home loss this season.

PonderinHog

Quote from: riccoar on January 26, 2015, 10:28:10 am
I only get upset when we drop games to teams we shouldn't.  Like Ole Miss at home.  Kentucky would be the only acceptable home loss this season.
It's at Lexington, so yeah...

Pork Twain

If we make a mistake and lose but then make the same mistake and win, it is still a mistake and I will continue to complain about it.  That is on the coaches, not the players.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Chief Mac

Quote from: Breems on January 26, 2015, 10:04:55 am

- Happy with the results

this. 

If you're not concerned about the tendencies of this team of late going forward, and are just happy with wins....great.  The rest of us see cause for concern and areas that need to be improved in order to keep winning and to not only get to the NCAA tourney, but to win a few games
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

hogsanity

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on January 26, 2015, 10:53:35 am
this. 

If you're not concerned about the tendencies of this team of late going forward, and are just happy with wins....great.  The rest of us see cause for concern and areas that need to be improved in order to keep winning and to not only get to the NCAA tourney, but to win a few games

One concern I had not seen until I looked at the #s is the deterioration n the hogs shooting % the last 4 games. Very similar to last year when the Hogs slumped.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 26, 2015, 10:49:24 am
If we make a mistake and lose but then make the same mistake and win, it is still a mistake and I will continue to complain about it.  That is on the coaches, not the players.

Exactly.

There's was very little difference in us losing and winning at Missouri and against Alabama at home. That's the concern. You don't want to be winning that closely and not fixing things. People get fooled by winning a close game and saying cliche things like "all that matters is that they won the game." Well, no, that's not all that matters. It's good that they did win, but they were fortunate. At some point, you have to stop being fortunate and take the game in your own hands. We're not doing that right now. We beat Missouri on the road, but how the game was won was completely out of the team's control. We won in OT at home against Alabama on a last second tip-in when we were up by 6-7 late in regulation. All of this is concerning because winning like that just isn't sustainable.

But, like I said earlier in this thread, I do feel better with them having gotten the win at Missouri (all luck aside). I'm more forgiving of road performances because I know how hard it is to win away from home. But it concerns me when we aren't protecting the home court well. We need a nice, comfortable margin of victory against Tennessee tomorrow night and not have to scramble to win late.

Hawg Red

Swinesong1

We get it!  Mike Anderson is a terrible coach with worthless assistants and none of them can recruit.  But each year under him, the team has improved.  Makes sense to me.

Hawg Red

Hawg Red

Quote from: Swinesong1 on January 26, 2015, 10:57:58 am
We get it!  Mike Anderson is a terrible coach with worthless assistants and none of them can recruit.  But each year under him, the team has improved.  Makes sense to me.

Just don't get people like you.

Hawg Red

forrest city joe

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 26, 2015, 10:49:24 am
Complain and do all the whining you want. and i will be here to call you out on it. GO HOGS and GO MIKE ANDERSON.

hogsanity

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 26, 2015, 11:03:39 am
Just don't get people like you.

Only thing I can figure out is they drive traffic, surely they can not actually believe what they post.