Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Beard's Post Game Comments

Started by chiefhawg, January 24, 2015, 04:27:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogfaniam

Quote from: scruf on January 25, 2015, 04:56:29 am
I only saw one completely blown call and it was when they called a blocking foul on Anton Beard. He was both outside the circle and had his feet set. Arms were even leaning slightly rearward and did not contact the shooter during the attempt. Textbook charge.

That one pissed me off.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

BorderPatrol

I see FCJ is still allowed to be a terrorist around here and hijack threads.

bp

dsims2k3

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 24, 2015, 04:44:13 pm
Beard is going to be a good one. i love his game and his leadership. and when he says they overcame a lot of adversity, he is right on the money. he won't say it, but i will. THEY OVERCAME THE REFS,AND WON THIS GAME.

Exactly. Several no calls.  No one has even mentioned the two moving screens Williams III set on Portis on consecutive plays. One led to a score. Qualls was mugged twice.  Bell was nearly knocked out of his shoes on one  3 point shot attempt.  Harris was clearly fouled on a drive. I am very fine with those non calls as long as they are consistent throughout the game. Refs get caught up in the moment and try to get cheers for themselves.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

Dirty

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 24, 2015, 06:36:45 pm
NO! i am going to keep calling it like i see it. that was a BS call on Madden. that was not a foul.

I'll give you guess who made the call.

Thepigdoctor

I only saw one completely blown call and it was when they called a blocking foul on Anton Beard. He was both outside the circle and had his feet set. Arms were even leaning slightly rearward and did not contact the shooter during the attempt. Textbook charge.

That was a bad one. Kid got great position, on a 3-1 break. You can't teach that toughness and willingness to take one on the chin for the team. We need more of this without question.

WilsonHog

Sometimes, we act like children.

Do we not realize this yet?

Here, let me role play this out for some of ya'll. I'm the head of officials for the SEC, talking to a room full of coaches pre-season.

"Fellas, this is the deal. If you are the home team, we are going to let you do everything short of pulling out a lead pipe and bashing your opponent's brains in. If you are on the road, if the thought to touch your opponent so much as enters your head, that's a foul. We are going to favor the home team. Adjust accordingly."

P.S. Did Anton's post game comments have anything to do with the officiating?

WADHOG

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 24, 2015, 06:36:45 pm
NO! i am going to keep calling it like i see it. that was a BS call on Madden. that was not a foul.
Joe he got him with the body. What benefit did these refs get from cheating for Missouri?

Yer right, home teams usually get the nod, over and over and over. 

Beard appeared in great position and got screwed on the blocking call.  #24, when we played BAMA,  seemed to me to run all over the Alabama player on the steal and go dunk with us at home.  We get homer calls too.  The SEC will somewhat adjust to protect the 2 or 3 better teams as the season proves out.  Afterall, we do want our better teams to get the highest ranking possible in the tourneys.  Of the SEC teams I have seen, only KY has much chance at making noise in any big tourney.

Our SEC record could easily be flip flopped right now.  Crap competition is all that's saved us so far.

Beard is our best overall tryer.  He gives it all on both ends.  Mistakes, sure, hes a Freshman.  The effort is there and we get nearly everything he has all game long.  Cannot say that for any other player and that's what is wrong with the team.  In brief moments when these Guys play hard and together for short periods of time, we are a very, very good team.  In the games I have seen, the only team stopping Arkansas is the Arkansas team.

reddogjcss

That's very nice to hear from a freshman.

GuvHog

Quote from: WADHOG on January 25, 2015, 10:02:43 am
Joe he got him with the body. What benefit did these refs get from cheating for Missouri?

Watch the replay of that shot again. If there was contact (which I seriously doubt) it was because when the shooter realized that Portis was going to block his shot, he went backwards into Madden trying to draw the foul. It should have been a no call but if a call was made, it should have been an OFFENSIVE FOUL.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

chiefhawg

Quote from: 12247 on January 25, 2015, 11:39:49 am
Yer right, home teams usually get the nod, over and over and over. 

Beard appeared in great position and got screwed on the blocking call.  #24, when we played BAMA,  seemed to me to run all over the Alabama player on the steal and go dunk with us at home.  We get homer calls too.  The SEC will somewhat adjust to protect the 2 or 3 better teams as the season proves out.  Afterall, we do want our better teams to get the highest ranking possible in the tourneys.  Of the SEC teams I have seen, only KY has much chance at making noise in any big tourney.

Our SEC record could easily be flip flopped right now.  Crap competition is all that's saved us so far.
RPI = 21 BPI = 33
Does not equate to crap competition.

razorbackkid

Completely agree on this.  The charge/blocking call has been very poorly called for years.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

WADHOG

Quote from: GuvHog on January 25, 2015, 01:36:39 pm
Watch the replay of that shot again. If there was contact (which I seriously doubt) it was because when the shooter realized that Portis was going to block his shot, he went backwards into Madden trying to draw the foul. It should have been a no call but if a call was made, it should have been an OFFENSIVE FOUL.
Lol

Hogfaniam

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

mhuff

Quote from: SamBuckhart on January 24, 2015, 07:15:11 pm
That call on Madden was BAD.

Home cooking..... Plus that one time Madden was fouled should have been ruled an intentional foul....... or a flagrant foul and the player pitched.