Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Beard's Post Game Comments

Started by chiefhawg, January 24, 2015, 04:27:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chiefhawg

Coach Anderson said on the radio post game that in the locker room after the game, Beard asked could he say something. Then Beard spoke to the team and said something to the effect that the team did not fold in the face of adversity and that he is proud of them.  Beard the FRESHMAN. We will be in good hands going forward.

porkulus

Young man showing leadership characteristics.  Future looking bright.

Danny J

Needs to be starting in place of Bell. Besides we need scoring off the bench to go with Williams, Durham, Kingsley and Watkins.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Danny J on January 24, 2015, 04:29:08 pm
Needs to be starting in place of Bell. Besides we need scoring off the bench to go with Williams, Durham, Kingsley and Watkins.

I second this!

luke hawg

He will be come crunch time. Mike knows what he is doing.

forrest city joe

Beard is going to be a good one. i love his game and his leadership. and when he says they overcame a lot of adversity, he is right on the money. he won't say it, but i will. THEY OVERCAME THE REFS,AND WON THIS GAME.

ballz2thewall

who picked him up after harris bitch-slapped him across the room?
The rest of the frog.

Dr. Starcs

chiefhawg

Quote from: ballz2thewall on January 24, 2015, 04:46:04 pm
He is from NLR. Homie don't play that.

jmb1973

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 24, 2015, 04:44:13 pm
Beard is going to be a good one. i love his game and his leadership. and when he says they overcame a lot of adversity, he is right on the money. he won't say it, but i will. THEY OVERCAME THE REFS,AND WON THIS GAME.

Stop it with this nonsense. Quit ruining threads with your ref-conspiracy theory, you are cheapening the win and taking the enjoyment out of Razorback basketball.

RunHogruN

Quote from: ballz2thewall on January 24, 2015, 04:46:04 pm

Why the hell would he get bitch-slapped for showing leadership? The kid plays hard on the floor and he wanted to show some love to his team nothing wrong with that.
It's only a game...R E L A X     B)

forrest city joe

Quote from: jmb1973 on January 24, 2015, 04:51:44 pm
Stop it with this nonsense. Quit ruining threads with your ref-conspiracy theory, you are cheapening the win and taking the enjoyment out of Razorback basketball.
You are not my Boss or my Daddy. i will post whatever the hell i want. you got me? i can't stand these cheating sec refs. they make me sick!

The_Bionic_Pig

He has ascended Durham (Happy Belated Birthday) as Alandis has taken Kingsley minutes.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Iceman

Agreed. We need Bell in that second unit.

labb

Are you sure that was Beard that made that comment. I thought he said Bell.

BallHog1

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 24, 2015, 04:55:12 pm
You are not my Boss or my Daddy. i will post whatever the hell i want. you got me? i can't stand these cheating sec refs. they make me sick!
Sing it Joe

chiefhawg

Quote from: labb on January 24, 2015, 05:00:53 pm
Are you sure that was Beard that made that comment. I thought he said Bell.
He said Beard. It is not Bell's personality anyway. Beard is a leader. He showed that type of fire it at Parkview and NLR HS.

Danny J

Quote from: chiefhawg on January 24, 2015, 05:03:02 pm
He said Beard. It is not Bell's personality anyway. Beard is a leader. He showed that type of fire it at Parkview and NLR HS.
And if you listen to Beard during the PC's he is very sure of himself. He is very confident. Almost arrogant which is what we need at that position. He is fearless. Reminds me A LOT of Beck. I mean A LOT.

hogcods8

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 24, 2015, 04:44:13 pm
Cut it out Joe, enough is enough!

Hogfaniam

Quote from: hogcods8 on January 24, 2015, 05:16:48 pm

'Profile'
'Buddies/Ignore List'
'Edit Ignore List'
Add To Ignore List
    Member ____________
'Add'

Your welcome
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Hoggish1

Could be that much sought after 3rd scorer!

Hogcephus

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 24, 2015, 05:00:49 pm
Agreed. We need Bell in that second unit.
I was thinking the exact same thing!

98hogs

The little lefty reminds me of Fisher

MountieDawg

Free throw defense made a difference in the final seconds.
SEC!

CDOGHOG

Reminds me of Cory Back, as well.  I think that Beard is the 3rd best game player we have.

forrest city joe

Quote from: hogcods8 on January 24, 2015, 05:16:48 pm
NO! i am going to keep calling it like i see it. that was a BS call on Madden. that was not a foul.

TeedupHigh

How many minutes will Beard get the next game................

Breems

Beard isn't afraid to make a play in crunch-time, nor does he get scared to death and panic when he has the ball in the lane. More Beard!
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

3kgthog

Those cheating refs...yet we still had a foul to give at the end. You're out of your mind.

Good for Beard. The little guy is fearless. I'll give him that.

SamBuckhart

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 24, 2015, 06:36:45 pm
NO! i am going to keep calling it like i see it. that was a BS call on Madden. that was not a foul.
That call on Madden was BAD.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Arkygrocer

Those cheating refs that fouled out 4 Alabama players Thursday night. I Probably have a bad memory and I'll assure you that there were some bad calls against us but I'm having a hard time remembering 4 players from the same team fouling out any game I've seen lately. Thank the cheating refs for THAT one.

code red

Mike is great with  the 13th graders......not so much with the Seniors.  Qualls bout cost us.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Big Daddy

Absolutely!

farmhawg

pot calling the kettle black.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

alaback

Quote from: MountieDawg on January 24, 2015, 06:31:56 pm
Free throw defense made a difference in the final seconds.

I guess that FT defense applies to them too since we missed our fair share in the final minutes.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 24, 2015, 06:36:45 pm

FCJ...The guy caught the ball on an in bounds pass, and BLEW by Madden like he had glue on this shoes.  If Portis doesn't rotate, he dunks it, and we probably lose the game.  Portis caused him to slow down, and Madden ran into his back...FOUL.  You can't run into someone and they not call it, and especially when you're COMPLETELY out of position like that on defense. 

You've defended MA to the death, and that's fine.  But you're wrong....a lot.  Watch our team.  We get a lead, and then coast...and give it right back up.  They play defense when they want to, and it's nothing that's dominant enough to win games for us.  If they EVER get the resolve to play defense with their feet, we can beat anyone in the country.  I truly believe that.  Until that...we'll be in close games all season. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on January 24, 2015, 09:02:57 pm
FCJ...The guy caught the ball on an in bounds pass, and BLEW by Madden like he had glue on this shoes.  If Portis doesn't rotate, he dunks it, and we probably lose the game.  Portis caused him to slow down, and Madden ran into his back...FOUL.  You can't run into someone and they not call it, and especially when you're COMPLETELY out of position like that on defense. 

You've defended MA to the death, and that's fine.  But you're wrong....a lot.  Watch our team.  We get a lead, and then coast...and give it right back up.  They play defense when they want to, and it's nothing that's dominant enough to win games for us.  If they EVER get the resolve to play defense with their feet, we can beat anyone in the country.  I truly believe that.  Until that...we'll be in close games all season. 
Lighten up Francis.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on January 24, 2015, 09:11:43 pm
Lighten up Francis.

Sure.  The refs are the only reason we're in close games, and we're getting cheated every game.  That light enough for you?   ;)
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

forrest city joe

That was not a foul on Madden. that was a cheating BS call. and he poshed Madden off even before he caught that Ball.where was the ref call on that? what you are pissed about is Mike Anderson is making you haters look foolish because he and the team are winning games. even road games. get the hell over it. the Hogs are going to the dance this year

hawgmasta

More Beard is good for just about anything in life.

More Beard!

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on January 24, 2015, 09:16:01 pm
Sure.  The refs are the only reason we're in close games, and we're getting cheated every game.  That light enough for you?   ;)
I meant lighten up on FCJ.  It's just a message board for Pete's sake.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

popcornhog

Great win on the road today for sure. But this cheating refs stuff is getting very tiresome.
WPS

Rzbakfromwaybak

Lol...this is really funny coming from you, Joe. How many times do you tell poster's not to post something you don't like?  You tell them to ..."stop it"....etc.   ;D
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on January 24, 2015, 09:22:46 pm
I meant lighten up on FCJ.  It's just a message board for Pete's sake.

I disagreed with him on the foul.  I guess you're saying he's right and I'm wrong?  Again, the only way to "lighten up" would be for me to agree that we're only playing close games because the refs are hosing us.  That's his stance...I disagree.  FCJ is always on his soap box about something, and his posts are always challenging, so you're barking up the wrong tree. 

What I find amusing is that if you don't think MA is the best coach ever in history, to FCJ you're a hater.  I have nothing against MA.  I just watch the games and comment on what I see.  I thought that's what the board is for. 

WarPig88

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on January 25, 2015, 12:35:22 am
I disagreed with him on the foul.  I guess you're saying he's right and I'm wrong?  Again, the only way to "lighten up" would be for me to agree that we're only playing close games because the refs are hosing us.  That's his stance...I disagree.  FCJ is always on his soap box about something, and his posts are always challenging, so you're barking up the wrong tree. 

What I find amusing is that if you don't think MA is the best coach ever in history, to FCJ you're a hater.  I have nothing against MA.  I just watch the games and comment on what I see.  I thought that's what the board is for.

First road win under a crew with Valentine as ref in nearly 20 years.

Yep, FCJ must be imagining it.

Foshodo

Quote from: Hogfaniam on January 24, 2015, 05:26:41 pm
'Profile'
'Buddies/Ignore List'
'Edit Ignore List'
Add To Ignore List
    Member ____________
'Add'

Your welcome
doesn't work when everybody else quotes the moron...

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Foshodo on January 25, 2015, 02:28:10 am
doesn't work when everybody else quotes the moron...

True, but there is still some satisfaction...
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

MissippHog

Quote from: Danny J on January 24, 2015, 05:08:19 pm
And if you listen to Beard during the PC's he is very sure of himself. He is very confident. Almost arrogant which is what we need at that position. He is fearless. Reminds me A LOT of Beck. I mean A LOT.
Was telling my dad the same thing during the Bama game.  I really like his game.

Break & Run

It was an obvious foul on Madden, a tacky foul, yes, but still a foul.  FCJ, you'd be griping if that was our player who got bumped and the "cheating" refs did not call it.

Guess what?  We shot more FTs and had less fouls called on us...yes, those refs really cheated us.

We won by 1 on the road because we could not capitalize on the +5 turnover margin we had in the game...and don't GET me started on perimeter defense...
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

scruf

I only saw one completely blown call and it was when they called a blocking foul on Anton Beard. He was both outside the circle and had his feet set. Arms were even leaning slightly rearward and did not contact the shooter during the attempt. Textbook charge.